Kevin McHale Cup XII 19-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t forget to set your starting rosters for opening day on tues (our Wed)... and remember, Max 82 games per position so be strategic.

I’m going for the championship this year!
Yeah I think we have to make a habit of announcing this each year. People are so used to H2H that the roto max games seems to catch new guys every year. That being said, Flaps didn't know until the all star break and somehow still won by a big margin, also while on the topic we should all be very worried about him going back2back, his team is really really good assuming Zion comes back fairly quickly. 😬😒

Yeah I think we have to make a habit of announcing this each year. People are so used to H2H that the roto max games seems to catch new guys every year. That being said, Flaps didn't know until the all star break and somehow still won by a big margin, also while on the topic we should all be very worried about him going back2back, his team is really really good assuming Zion comes back fairly quickly. 😬😒
Don't worry. Russ' stats won't be padded this year when I have to share him and Harden together :p

That said, I'm so bloody keen for this season to start. Feels like it's been forvever.
Yus so keen for the season to start. Should be the best season in ages, first time in a decade were going into the season without basically knowing at least one finalist. (Albeit I really enjoyed the Lebron heat days)

Yus so keen for the season to start. Should be the best season in ages, first time in a decade were going into the season without basically knowing at least one finalist. (Albeit I really enjoyed the Lebron heat days)
I genuinley think we could see LA vs LA in the western finals. Would be amazing.

I genuinley think we could see LA vs LA in the western finals. Would be amazing.
Wouldn't surprise me. Could also see neither of those, and could be any of Houston, Utah, Denver or even Portland or GSW though those 2 are unlikely with Nurk & Klay out. Cheers to day1 wooot!

On a side note great start for Ingram and Siakam. Glad I held on to Ingram for now. ;)

Wouldn't surprise me. Could also see neither of those, and could be any of Houston, Utah, Denver or even Portland or GSW though those 2 are unlikely with Nurk & Klay out. Cheers to day1 wooot!

On a side note great start for Ingram and Siakam. Glad I held on to Ingram for now. ;)
Not feeling too good about dropping Green though... 😬

Can't imagine my team performing worse on any given day. :'( Looking to upgrade a wing or big & to open to doing a 2 for 1, 3 for 2 etc. open to trading NAW, Ja Morant or any of my contracted players/players in general not named Curry, Siakam or Gobert. So if anyone has a team that they don't think can compete this year and they're just trying to build solid core contracts i'm open to trading a couple of building blocks for a win now guy.

this is the worst scoring i have ever seen, it makes no sense to me. how am i on 85.5 and in front. im happy im in first place but i dont get what is actually happening? why isnt it just normal nba fantasy where points, assists etc all equal a certain amount of points etc

i have no clue who played bad and who was good, nothing is making sense

this is the worst scoring i have ever seen, it makes no sense to me. how am i on 85.5 and in front. im happy im in first place but i dont get what is actually happening? why isnt it just normal nba fantasy where points, assists etc all equal a certain amount of points etc
You don't know category scoring at all? It's a pretty easy concept, scoring is 9 category rotisserie scoring. While i enjoy Head to head and roto about the same, category scoring is way way way better than points leagues. While they still exist, points leagues are pretty rare in fantasy based on American sports, category scoring is far more common. category roto scoring works like this - there's 9 categories, every teams players accrue stats in said 9 categories. Now for roto scoring everyone is then assigned a ranking from 1-12 based on who has the most to least of each stat. So the table changes daily and the goal is to obviously accrue as many stats as possible with the exception of turnovers and put up good percentages. Every team has 82 games at each position to accrue stats and come end of season there's no playoffs and the top team wins similar to English Premier League soccer. Give it a shot, once you get used to it you'll realise Dream Team type points scoring kinda sucks. I was an avid dreamteam/SC person for like 15 years but once i started playing category based leagues i no longer touch DT/SC or any points leagues including in AFL. 9 cat in AFL is similarly a way more fun game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hang on so let me get this straight am i right with how im thinking now

so whatever team scores the highest points for that day gets 12 points, 2nd 11 etc
that same scoring system happens over the rest of the categories? am i right?

if i am right where do i get a breakdown of what points i scored per cat for each day?

hang on so let me get this straight am i right with how im thinking now

so whatever team scores the highest points for that day gets 12 points, 2nd 11 etc
that same scoring system happens over the rest of the categories? am i right?

if i am right where do i get a breakdown of what points i scored per cat for each day?
So if you click league tab then standings it will show you the full standings with stat total and positions of teams. But no you're not right with what you said up there. The scoring is cumulative, so say I scored 50 assist 1st day of the season then score 20 assist the 2nd my score for the assist category at the end of day 2 is 70, and people continue to accumulate 9 stats for the year. They're then awarded a number from 1-12 depending on their position for that stat across the 12 team. It then rolls over daily, so say you currently led the league in rebounds you would currently have 12 points for that stat, if at the end if tomorrow you had dropped to the 2nd total rebounds you'd drop to 11 points for that stat, if you were last you'd drop to 1 point. So that happens for all 9 stats and the person on top after the final day is champion. Hope that explains it

So if you click league tab then standings it will show you the full standings with stat total and positions of teams. But no you're not right with what you said up there. The scoring is cumulative, so say I scored 50 assist 1st day of the season then score 20 assist the 2nd my score for the assist category at the end of day 2 is 70, and people continue to accumulate 9 stats for the year. They're then awarded a number from 1-12 depending on their position for that stat across the 12 team. It then rolls over daily, so say you currently led the league in rebounds you would currently have 12 points for that stat, if at the end if tomorrow you had dropped to the 2nd total rebounds you'd drop to 11 points for that stat, if you were last you'd drop to 1 point. So that happens for all 9 stats and the person on top after the final day is champion. Hope that explains it
The way your explaining it to me is making things worse honestly 😂
I just don't get the point of this scoring, like is 9 categorys top score of 12, so can you get up to 108 points a day or is 108 the top you can get all year or what.
Do you get points each day like 50 points one day and 50 the next or do the stars run the whole year?

Teams are ranked 1-12 in each stat based on their current cumulative total. These ranks are adjusted after every days play.
So yes, the best you can be at any point in the season is 108 ranking pts, 9cats x 12.

Teams are ranked 1-12 in each stat based on their current cumulative total. These ranks are adjusted after every days play.
So yes, the best you can be at any point in the season is 108 ranking pts, 9cats x 12.
thats legit all i needed to know and i wouldnt have been so confused... cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back