Kevin Murray: get well soon!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day guys,

Absolutely devastating news...I rarely post, but just wanted to share a quick story about Bulldog.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Kevin on a number of occasions now and he is the one of the nicest people I have ever met.
I first met him about 10 years ago when my wife was working at the local pub. I had just come to pick her up after her shift and saw Kevin walking into the pub. I stopped him to say hello and hopefully get an autograph. I ended up chatting to him about Fitzroy and life for about half an hour. He had the Brownlow with him and asked me if I would like to pop it around my neck. At the time I was driving a Brocky VK and he complimented me on how great it looked. I got a photo, shook his hand and he actually thanked me for my time.

A couple of years later, I saw him again at a Lions family day. He had the biggest line of people waiting to see him - 2 times more than any other current player that was there. When I finally got to the front to see him, I was about to introduce myself again, but before I could he said "Hello again Rick, how is that VK of yours going?". I was shocked that he had actually remembered that small encounter that we had had 2 years ago - and even remembered my name! This just goes to show what type of a person he is. He loves people and is never to busy to stop and have a chinwag. I saw him earlier this year and he seemed fit and healthy and in great spirits. He is the heart and soul of Fitzroy and now shares the same passion for his beloved Brisbane Lions.

All the best old mate, the whole football community is behind you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

How many necks has that Brownlow been around? I reckon that has to be the most photographed medal of all time.

The fact that he is so willing to share such a great personal achievement with anyone and everyone he meets says everything about him. If young players need a role model, that role model is Kevin Murray.

How many necks has that Brownlow been around? I reckon that has to be the most photographed medal of all time.

The fact that he is so willing to share such a great personal achievement with anyone and everyone he meets says everything about him. If young players need a role model, that role model is Kevin Murray.

The People's Brownlow...

Last edited:
Get well soon Kev.

One positive of this is that its clear from this thread that Kev is loved by Bears people as well as Fitzroy people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back