Kevin Murray: get well soon!

Robbo18!

All Australian
Nov 24, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
G'day guys,

Absolutely devastating news...I rarely post, but just wanted to share a quick story about Bulldog.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Kevin on a number of occasions now and he is the one of the nicest people I have ever met.
I first met him about 10 years ago when my wife was working at the local pub. I had just come to pick her up after her shift and saw Kevin walking into the pub. I stopped him to say hello and hopefully get an autograph. I ended up chatting to him about Fitzroy and life for about half an hour. He had the Brownlow with him and asked me if I would like to pop it around my neck. At the time I was driving a Brocky VK and he complimented me on how great it looked. I got a photo, shook his hand and he actually thanked me for my time.

A couple of years later, I saw him again at a Lions family day. He had the biggest line of people waiting to see him - 2 times more than any other current player that was there. When I finally got to the front to see him, I was about to introduce myself again, but before I could he said "Hello again Rick, how is that VK of yours going?". I was shocked that he had actually remembered that small encounter that we had had 2 years ago - and even remembered my name! This just goes to show what type of a person he is. He loves people and is never to busy to stop and have a chinwag. I saw him earlier this year and he seemed fit and healthy and in great spirits. He is the heart and soul of Fitzroy and now shares the same passion for his beloved Brisbane Lions.

All the best old mate, the whole football community is behind you and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Wonderful storey mate!!

adey115

Premiership Player
Nov 16, 2001
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy side of the family.
I've worn the Brownlow. Makes you ten feet tall, even just for a moment.

The greatest boy from Old Fitzroy, who looks at home at Brunswick St or The Gabba. What an asset to have him as a loyal man to our very unique merged club, and much loved from whatever side of the Lions family you've come from - because of his history, and because of the way he embraces the Brisbane Lions.

A thorough gentleman. Rough around the edges (his stories sometimes verge on colorful, depending on the audience!), but a heart of maroon and blue, and gold. Neither one to shirk a chat, or a hard ball on the field. Always a smile, always time to say g'day, always friendly. A true great.

Wishing you a speedy full recovery Bulldog. We're just about to enter a new era, and we need you to be watching it with us all.

Jun 17, 2006
Section 43
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL - Green Bay Packers
I've worn the Brownlow. Makes you ten feet tall, even just for a moment.

The greatest boy from Old Fitzroy, who looks at home at Brunswick St or The Gabba. What an asset to have him as a loyal man to our very unique merged club, and much loved from whatever side of the Lions family you've come from - because of his history, and because of the way he embraces the Brisbane Lions.

A thorough gentleman. Rough around the edges (his stories sometimes verge on colorful, depending on the audience!), but a heart of maroon and blue, and gold. Neither one to shirk a chat, or a hard ball on the field. Always a smile, always time to say g'day, always friendly. A true great.

Wishing you a speedy full recovery Bulldog. We're just about to enter a new era, and we need you to be watching it with us all.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Get well soon Champ.

RoyFitz

Debutant
Mar 4, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ran out alongside our mighty Bulldog Murray as a kid, a lions man through and through. Get well soon, the greater pride is sending our collective healing energy your way!

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fitzroy legend Kevin Murray making a recovery after suffering stroke
65337a6d9b336704696b77843b2db47a

GREG BUCKLE, Herald Sun
October 21, 2016 5:45pm

FITZROY’S 1969 Brownlow medallist Kevin Murray is expected to make a full recovery after suffering a stroke a couple of weeks ago.

A spokesman for the Brisbane Lions confirmed the VFL/AFL great had been hit by a health setback but had fought back strongly.

“A few days ago he was looking as well as any 78-year-old could be,” the spokesman said.

Fitzroy legend Kevin Murray making a recovery after suffering stroke

GREG BUCKLE, Herald Sun
October 21, 2016 5:45pm

FITZROY’S 1969 Brownlow medallist Kevin Murray is expected to make a full recovery after suffering a stroke a couple of weeks ago.

A spokesman for the Brisbane Lions confirmed the VFL/AFL great had been hit by a health setback but had fought back strongly.

“A few days ago he was looking as well as any 78-year-old could be,” the spokesman said.

That's fantastic to hear!

Back