Kevin Murray/HOF Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is the "Maroon" ?
View attachment 632306
We usually wear a Fitzroy red guernsey variant (or our clash guernsey) when playing away, as we will be in round 12 this year.
17c5ac065a00c853d63a22be5b0d33dc

I'd imagine that given the colour of our clash guernsey is set in place and would require the AFL to allow an alternative, we went with the red. I'm assuming that we probably asked Kevin if the colouring was an issue or if he had a preference and from everything i've heard about him he probably wasn't too bothered. Now that part is all of an assumption given i've never actually met him unfortunately.

I'd imagine that given the colour of our clash guernsey is set in place and would require the AFL to allow an alternative, we went with the red. I'm assuming that we probably asked Kevin if the colouring was an issue or if he had a preference and from everything i've heard about him he probably wasn't too bothered. Now that part is all of an assumption given i've never actually met him unfortunately.

Red appears to be the colour of choice at the AFL. Brisbane, Melbourne, Essendon, Dogs, Saints, Suns, Crows, Swans...8 teams with Red in their strip, how imaginative the AFL are.. It's a shame considering Fitzroy began playing in Maroon and Blue way back in 1884. That's the way it goes, the merger was always a bluff and they wheel out poor old Kevin in order to give some credibility to it all, but Fitzroy fans and the history has been slowly and surely eradicated. IMO Brisbane should be Maroon and Blue with a White Lion symbol... scrap the gold altogether! I'm a Cat man with a family connection to old Fitzroy, my sentimentalism gets the better of me some times, when i played junior footy i actually went out of my way to play for a team that wore Maroon and Blue instead of the team just up the road who played in Collingwood colours!

Red appears to be the colour of choice at the AFL. Brisbane, Melbourne, Essendon, Dogs, Saints, Suns, Crows, Swans...8 teams with Red in their strip, how imaginative the AFL are.. It's a shame considering Fitzroy began playing in Maroon and Blue way back in 1884. That's the way it goes, the merger was always a bluff and they wheel out poor old Kevin in order to give some credibility to it all, but Fitzroy fans and the history has been slowly and surely eradicated. IMO Brisbane should be Maroon and Blue with a White Lion symbol... scrap the gold altogether! I'm a Cat man with a family connection to old Fitzroy, my sentimentalism gets the better of me some times, when i played junior footy i actually went out of my way to play for a team that wore Maroon and Blue instead of the team just up the road who played in Collingwood colours!

I'd imagine that initially when they went to choose colours for an away guernsey they decided that going with the colours the fitzroy used for the previous 23 seasons before the merger was the logical choice given it had been used for so long and so recently. They incorporated the Maroon in the home guernsey as well, so I don't think theres been much of an erosion in that regard. I mean you're advocating for the complete disregard of the bears history if they were to go and remove the gold lion so I don't think you can be too critical.

I'd imagine that initially when they went to choose colours for an away guernsey they decided that going with the colours the fitzroy used for the previous 23 seasons before the merger was the logical choice given it had been used for so long and so recently. They incorporated the Maroon in the home guernsey as well, so I don't think theres been much of an erosion in that regard. I mean you're advocating for the complete disregard of the bears history if they were to go and remove the gold lion so I don't think you can be too critical.

Bugger the Bears, Fitzroy were around for a hundred years longer. I just don't like the "Red" in the Brisbane strip...

Bugger the Bears, Fitzroy were around for a hundred years longer. I just don't like the "Red" in the Brisbane strip...

You won't win too many friends round herewith that attitude, old mate. There are 2 sides to the family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a pretty s**t attitude and if you're going with that then I doubt anyone cares less what you think about a team you don't support.

That's the way it goes, the merger was always a bluff and they wheel out poor old Kevin in order to give some credibility to it all, but Fitzroy fans and the history has been slowly and surely eradicated.
Your attitude is pretty disrespectful to the club and many who support the Lions, irrespective of whatever link you may or may not have to any part of our club.

You won't win too many friends round herewith that attitude, old mate. There are 2 sides to the family.

Friends? Like the TV show it's overrated! No one wants to lose friends, I don't think. I guess, everyone has a friend who you learn is an a-hole, so you kick that turd to the curb ... but that's different. I've been kicked to the curb before, no real drama there. The real burn comes when you lose a friend you don'twant to lose, and it's made even worse if you can't figure out why it happened?
I'm being very forthright in my view that Fitzroy fans are being short changed with the playing colours changing from Maroon to Red. 1552500847016.png Just replace the monogram with a White Lion and Bingo! No Gold should be anywhere near the Brisbane Lions strip! What you see above is that magnificent Maroon and Blue.

Friends? Like the TV show it's overrated! No one wants to lose friends, I don't think. I guess, everyone has a friend who you learn is an a-hole, so you kick that turd to the curb ... but that's different. I've been kicked to the curb before, no real drama there. The real burn comes when you lose a friend you don'twant to lose, and it's made even worse if you can't figure out why it happened?
I'm being very forthright in my view that Fitzroy fans are being short changed with the playing colours changing from Maroon to Red. View attachment 634177 Just replace the monogram with a White Lion and Bingo! No Gold should be anywhere near the Brisbane Lions strip! What you see above is that magnificent Maroon and Blue.
Where the Brisbane Lions, not Fitzroy.

I'm being very forthright in my view that Fitzroy fans are being short changed with the playing colours changing from Maroon to Red. View attachment 634177 Just replace the monogram with a White Lion and Bingo! No Gold should be anywhere near the Brisbane Lions strip! What you see above is that magnificent Maroon and Blue.
Really?
IMG_0014.jpg

I actually love the look of the old maroon and blue strip.

I'm not calling for a change though, we have one of the best jerseys in the AFL as it is now, as long as we don't change and go the Thor.

I actually love the look of the old maroon and blue strip.

I'm not calling for a change though, we have one of the best jerseys in the AFL as it is now, as long as we don't change and go the Thor.
With our colours, it'd probably be a Wonder Woman inspired design.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...:tongueclosed::worried:

?
I'm being very forthright in my view that Fitzroy fans are being short changed with the playing colours changing from Maroon to Red. Just replace the monogram with a White Lion and Bingo! No Gold should be anywhere near the Brisbane Lions strip! .

Actually the gold is an integral part of the original Fitzroy jumper. Gerald_Brosnan.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back