Remove this Banner Ad

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
lol, next to some of the more prominent players on that list, he looks a bit out of place.

Anyone know how many reds he had in his career?

lol, next to some of the more prominent players on that list, he looks a bit out of place.

Anyone know how many reds he had in his career?

According to Wiki, "In a professional career spanning 19 years from 1992 to 2011, Muscat received 123 yellow cards and 12 red cards."

He should have received more red cards. The refs in the A-league were soft towards him.

You do know that Muscat did his best to end the careers of a number of opponents? Are you of the opinion that he shouldn't be on the list at all?

Changing subject for a second, am I the last person to see his resemblance to Nosferatu?

You do know that Muscat did his best to end the careers of a number of opponents? Are you of the opinion that he shouldn't be on the list at all?

Changing subject for a second, am I the last person to see his resemblance to Nosferatu?

I believe that Muscat deliberately went out of his way to hack down Zahra, but I don't believe for one second that he ever intended to injure him. He was a physical player, but that was his job and he did it well, just like guys like Roy Keane and Pepe.

Suarez went outside the rules of the game to do what he did, for me that's substantially worse (although the timing of Muscat's challenge was unforgivable).

Absolute vile human being. How he earned good money in the sport and continues to do so after everything he has done is injustice.

From his wikipedia page.

Reputation[edit]

In 1996, Muscat was sent off in his first season in the UK in a match involving Crystal Palace and Norwich City after body checking Norwich player, Darren Eadie which then sparked a 21 man melee where punches were thrown. Two other players were also sent off in the incident.[21]

Muscat was branded a "lowlife" and a "nobody" by ex-England striker Ian Wright, then of Nottingham Forest, in September 1999. Wright claimed he was about to shoot when he heard Dougie Freedman, Forest's other striker, shout "leave it". Wright stepped over the ball to allow Freedman to hit it, but instead Muscat (who had, according to Wright, merely impersonated Freedman) appeared to clear the ball.[22]

Muscat was dubbed the "most hated man in football" by then Birmingham City player Martin Grainger in 2000 after a reckless tackle against international teammate, Stan Lazaridis.[23] He seriously injured both Craig Bellamy and Christophe Dugarry, the latter in a friendly international between Australia and France in 2001 with a sliding tackle from behind.[23] The French managerRoger Lemerre dubbed the tackle "an act of brutality".[23][24] It was speculated that Muscat’s temperament was the reason he was never selected for inclusion in an Old Firm derby during his time at Rangers.[25]

In March 2002, Muscat was sent off after just 9 minutes into a match against Grimsby Town for elbowing striker Michael Boulding. As Wolves went on to lose the match, Muscat was subsequently suspended for 3 matches following the incident.[26]

In 2003, after only 3 weeks since signing for Millwall, Muscat was fined and reprimanded by Millwall after a match against Watford where he gave away a penalty and was sent off for stamping onWatford's, Danny Webber. Millwall chief executive, Ken Brown, formally warned Muscat that he would be sacked if he did not "clean up his act." "Kevin’s actions were totally unacceptable. We have made him aware that such behavior will not be tolerated. Any repeat of such a deliberate, unprovoked, off-the-ball incident will result in his instant dismissal."[27]

In 2004, a lawsuit on Muscat brought by former Charlton Athletic player Matty Holmes resulted in a settlement of £250,000 plus costs in favour of Holmes, bringing the estimated settlement to around £750,000. Holmes had to have four operations on his leg following a tackle by Muscat in 1998, and there were initial fears that his leg might have to be amputated. The claim was settled at the High Court without any admission of liability.[28][29] In a League Cup tie while at Millwall, he grabbed the throat of Liverpool striker Milan Baroš.[30] Also in 2004, Iwan Roberts admitted he deliberately stamped on Muscat in a match against Norwich City in revenge for his attempt to injure Craig Bellamy in 1999. Roberts was subsequently fined and suspended by the Football Association for his comments.[31][32]

In March later that year whilst playing for Millwall, Muscat was red carded and suspended for 5 games for a challenge from behind on Sheffield United player, Ashley Ward which ignited an on-field brawl that involved most players from both teams.[33]

In December 2005, he was the first A-League player to appear before a FFA disciplinary hearing and was subsequently suspended for two matches for "violent conduct".[34] At an A-league game in October 2006 Muscat clashed with then Adelaide United coach John Kosmina, knocking Kosmina from his chair while retrieving the ball. Kosmina responded by grabbing Muscat by the throat, an action for which Kosmina was suspended for four matches.[35][36]
Muscat's dominant personality and aggressive style did win some admirers in the A-League, with former England international Terry Butcher stating "Every manager in the A-League would love to have Kevin, and I'm no exception".[37]

In February 2009, Muscat "escaped" further sanction by the FFA for stamping on Adelaide United defender, Daniel Mullen, while challenging for the ball. Due to the referee seeing the incident during the match, as according to A-League protocol, the Match Review Panel had no authority to intervene any further.[38]
In January 2010, Muscat was suspended for 2 games for elbowing Gold Coast United midfielder, Jason Culina, in an off the ball incident.[39]

In October 2010, Manchester United winger Ashley Young recalled he was threatened by Muscat during his first professional match as an 18 year old. "Kevin Muscat said he would break my legs if I went past him," said Young. Their meeting occurred as they were warming up for an encounter between Watford F.C. and Millwall back in September 2003, but Muscat was sent off for stamping on Watford's Danny Webber[40] before Young came on as substitute for Watford.[41]

In January 2011, Muscat was sent off for elbowing Adelaide United midfielder, Adam Hughes, in the face while following through on a challenge for the ball.[42]

In his first match back from suspension, Muscat was then suspended for eight matches following a tackle on Melbourne Heart player Adrian Zahra in a Melbourne Derby.[43] The tackle was widely condemned in Australia and around the world, with former Socceroo Mark Bosnich calling it a "disgrace".[44][45] The Sun described it as one of the worst tackles in football history.[46]

In a professional career spanning 19 years from 1992 to 2011, Muscat received 123 yellow cards and 12 red cards.[47][48][49][50]
In December 2013, the Spanish football website El Gol Digital named Muscat as football's dirtiest ever player.[51]

According to Wiki, "In a professional career spanning 19 years from 1992 to 2011, Muscat received 123 yellow cards and 12 red cards."

I genuinely thought he'd have more reds.

He should have received more red cards. The refs in the A-league were soft towards him.

From memory, he didn't get punished for that incident where he pushed a seated Kosmina over did he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute vile human being. How he earned good money in the sport and continues to do so after everything he has done is injustice.

From his wikipedia page.

Pretty bad rap sheet -never really liked him and after reading that, can see why he features on that list.

I saw a comment on facebook that claimed the Spanish media were just trying to upset/antagonise Australian football before the WC. Interesting theory but can't see it being true given Muscat retired from playing years ago.

I genuinely thought he'd have more reds.

According to Wiki, the most red cards in England over a career is 13, so Muscat was close to it, even though his whole time wasn't in England.

Pretty bad rap sheet -never really liked him and after reading that, can see why he features on that list.

I saw a comment on facebook that claimed the Spanish media were just trying to upset/antagonise Australian football before the WC. Interesting theory but can't see it being true given Muscat retired from playing years ago.

Also I would presume that most Australians wouldn't like Muscat anyway.

According to Wiki, the most red cards in England over a career is 13, so Muscat was close to it, even though his whole time wasn't in England.

Also I would presume that most Australians wouldn't like Muscat anyway.

valid points both :D

He got a yellow card. No further punishment in terms of suspension or anything.

That's a joke. Manager's get touchline bans if they touch the fourth official, shouldn't have been any different if a player forcefully touches a staff member or opposition club member.

As we all know he is a filthy dog, so no surprise he wins the award for World's Dirtiest Player. The sooner Victory discards him the better. He will always be a blight on Australian football.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/kevin-muscat-named-footballs-dirtiest-player-20131212-2z8r4.html

Original Source: http://www.elgoldigital.com/los-10-futbolistas-mas-leneros-de-la-historia/

Yes I have always hated him with a passion.
View attachment 37929
Kevin is a gun unlike most pussys that play soccer

I say man up you Kevin haters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back