kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
I think very serious questions need to be asked about whether he is the countries greatest ever producer.

I mean every knows Tame Impala, but look at the catalogue and breadth of artists he produces, and when you really listen carefully after a few times you can hear his influence all over them.

(ps: subjectively Pond are the best aussie band i've heard...just a little side note)

I think very serious questions need to be asked about whether he is the countries greatest ever producer.

I mean every knows Tame Impala, but look at the catalogue and breadth of artists he produces, and when you really listen carefully after a few times you can hear his influence all over them.

(ps: subjectively Pond are the best aussie band i've heard...just a little side note)

Which artists has he produced out of interest?

Wouldn't surprise me to see a whole bunch of decent bands/artists. I think Tame Impala have been on a pretty bad trajectory for a while, but I can acknowledge Kevin Parker's studio chops, and I think he's been hellbent on creating specific sounds and moods rather than reverting back into making rock music.

Which artists has he produced out of interest?

Wouldn't surprise me to see a whole bunch of decent bands/artists. I think Tame Impala have been on a pretty bad trajectory for a while, but I can acknowledge Kevin Parker's studio chops, and I think he's been hellbent on creating specific sounds and moods rather than reverting back into making rock music.

I don't think it's been bad but taking so long to record a follow up to 'currents' killed some of the momentum that was building in regards to people thinking he was on the brink of greatness.

I really enjoy 'the slow rush' and the live shows before Covid cancelled everything were getting pretty good reviews.

I don't think it's been bad but taking so long to record a follow up to 'currents' killed some of the momentum that was building in regards to people thinking he was on the brink of greatness.

I really enjoy 'the slow rush' and the live shows before Covid cancelled everything were getting pretty good reviews.

Different strokes. Kevin Parker used to write some pretty cool riffs, and their general psych vibe was the biggest pull for me.

This quasi-chillwave stuff isn’t anywhere as interesting, and I suspect Kevin Parker’s wasting a creative peak making the kind of music far less talented musicians can churn out with relative ease.

Different strokes. Kevin Parker used to write some pretty cool riffs, and their general psych vibe was the biggest pull for me.

This quasi-chillwave stuff isn’t anywhere as interesting, and I suspect Kevin Parker’s wasting a creative peak making the kind of music far less talented musicians can churn out with relative ease.

Of course, Innerspeaker is one of my favourite albums but I found the guitar riffs in Lonerism felt a little uninspired and I wasn't surprised when Currents came out and he started going in a different direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back