Kevin Parker's absolutely nailed it!

Remove this Banner Ad

How is not everyone up and about for this? I am genuinely seeing this moment as a turning point for the club, we have been touched by actual god like greatness in human form, Kevin Parker. Literally everything he does is gold and this pump up tune/club song is no different. Reckon I have clocked 20 listens of it already.
It has the freo chant, the acdc style guitar and melty solo to pay tribute to the legends, some ballard lyrics you can let your lungs loose on and when the boys are coming out for the second half at home, they will be hearing 30k plus (hopefully) belt this out to them and it will get the hairs on their back up and energising them like nothing else could.
This is the answer to our recent run of 'quiet supporting' where we only get involved if the refs are s**t.

My guess at the lyrics from what I can tell:
Freeeeeee-ooooooooo
I wanna be your heeeeee-rooooooo
I wanna see their tearssssss flowwwww
Enough to carry me home
Lets go, Lets go!

Now all of you lock those lines into your brains and start mustering up the air in your lungs for a bloody fair crack at it next game!

For those who aren't aware, Kevin Parker would have to be one of the worlds greatest producers and I reckon 70% of fairly recognised musicians would have him top of the list of people they would want to work with. The guy is a musical wizard and would be the closest thing the 21st century has to the revered rockers of the 20th century.

This is all just me getting out my emotions for the fact that Kevin Parker from Tame Impala, a band with 2.2 million followers on instagram, which he has posted on talking up the dockers, writing and producing a song for the team we all love. I genuinely cannot believe it. Also knowing that Kev watches the games and probably melts just as much when Tabs does Tabs things or gets up and about seeing little Shultzy run someone down. This is a serious change from anything that has ever happened to the club, nothing this good has ever come to the Fremantle Dockers like this before, this is the beginning of the change in fortunes in our club, surely we can all feel it! #endpositiverant

I think there's more to it than that. Most musicians and artists get success by breaking boundaries and challenging the norm. Growing up in Perth, supporting West Coast is definitely the 'norm' and the easy option.
Yep.

Even with WCE and their infinite money, they'll never ever have a song like this.

Thanks Kev 🍻

How is not everyone up and about for this? I am genuinely seeing this moment as a turning point for the club, we have been touched by actual god like greatness in human form, Kevin Parker. Literally everything he does is gold and this pump up tune/club song is no different. Reckon I have clocked 20 listens of it already.
It has the freo chant, the acdc style guitar and melty solo to pay tribute to the legends, some ballard lyrics you can let your lungs loose on and when the boys are coming out for the second half at home, they will be hearing 30k plus (hopefully) belt this out to them and it will get the hairs on their back up and energising them like nothing else could.
This is the answer to our recent run of 'quiet supporting' where we only get involved if the refs are sh*t.

Freeeeeee-ooooooooo
Enough to carry me home
Lets go, Lets go!

Now all of you lock those lines into your brains and start mustering up the air in your lungs for a bloody fair crack at it next game!

For those who aren't aware, Kevin Parker would have to be one of the worlds greatest producers and I reckon 70% of fairly recognised musicians would have him top of the list of people they would want to work with. The guy is a musical wizard and would be the closest thing the 21st century has to the revered rockers of the 20th century.

This is all just me getting out my emotions for the fact that Kevin Parker from Tame Impala, a band with 2.2 million followers on instagram, which he has posted on talking up the dockers, writing and producing a song for the team we all love. I genuinely cannot believe it. Also knowing that Kev watches the games and probably melts just as much when Tabs does Tabs things or gets up and about seeing little Shultzy run someone down. This is a serious change from anything that has ever happened to the club, nothing this good has ever come to the Fremantle Dockers like this before, this is the beginning of the change in fortunes in our club, surely we can all feel it! #endpositiverant

I think the majority of people don't comprehend how big Kevin and Tame Impala are. Whether you like/know them or not, they are massive overseas and headline major festivals. I have a lot of friends in the US after living/travelling there, and Tame Impala is the first band they think of from Australia. This song is definitely a huge deal and I love it. The interruption at half time from the ground sirens was my only complaint, hopefully they find a way to play it before the 1st and/or 3rd quarter where that doesn't happen.

Should get him to write a new official club song on top of this one. For starters, he got the Freeee-o correct, instead of the Fre-ooooooo which ruined (for me) an otherwise good attempt by Eskimo Joe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will they start using it before the bounce? Get everyone holding up the scarves and doing the chant ect?

That would be good. Much better than Never Tear Us Apart or You'll Never Walk Alone. I'd like a pre game song to rev up the crowd, not the opposite.

By my calculation since the song has been played we've always kicked the first goal of the 3rd quarter.

v Sydney first and only 4 goals of the 3rd quarter
v Dogs first 2 goals of the 3rd quarter
v Suns first goal of the 3rd quarter
v Cats first 2 goals of the 3rd quarter
v Tigers first 2 goals of the 3rd quarter

EDIT:
In the home games before the song GWS, Hawks, and Roos all kicked the first goal of the third quarter.

Last edited:
Friggin rocks 🤩
Makes me wanna go to the footy just to hear it
Then gets stuck in my head all the next day 👊

Yeah it's an epic way to head into a final quarter, although I think I would still prefer it as a lead in to the start of the match.

In any case its the type of thing that I hope sooner rather than later we can get everyone standing and singing with scarves in the air.

Tell me something like this but with the Freo song wouldn't be spine tingling

This is the answer to our recent run of 'quiet supporting' where we only get involved if the refs are s**t.

Freeeeeee-ooooooooo
Enough to carry me home
Lets go, Lets go!

I agree re the chant especially. The freeee-o in this song is so much more up beat and musical than our present freee-oooo. Every club is doing it now, same as they're wearing all white for their away gear. Maybe singing the whole song is a stretch, but everyone can do the up tempo freo. I'm hearing freee-o clap clap clap freee-o clap clap clap. It would be exclusively ours and connect us to the team and one another. I love the idea of it. As you say, lock it into your brains. I wish it had come to us sooner.

I agree re the chant especially. The freeee-o in this song is so much more up beat and musical than our present freee-oooo. Every club is doing it now, same as they're wearing all white for their away gear. Maybe singing the whole song is a stretch, but everyone can do the up tempo freo. I'm hearing freee-o clap clap clap freee-o clap clap clap. It would be exclusively ours and connect us to the team and one another. I love the idea of it. As you say, lock it into your brains. I wish it had come to us sooner.
I support any singing of Freo but I gotta say not a fan of the <insert team name> clap, clap, clap business that happens at AFL. Reminds me of primary school sports carnival...

Surely we're good enough to remember the lyrics to 4 lines.

Just the Freeeeooooo with claps in time with the drum beat, would be epic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back