Kevin Sheedy Coach 2002

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought it today despite being warned not to and found it very difficult to use. First up I had to go through the draft where I am supposedly allowed up to 6 picks. I dumped 5 of the usual suspects (Chatfield, White etc) and picked up Aaron Hamill, Justin Murphy, Stephen Milne and Ian Prendergast. Someone else picked up Jim Plunkett before me:(. I then had to change the default lineup which had Sean O'Keefe and Ben Nelson in it. It takes a long time to get anything done . I got to swing SOS up forward when we needed momentum but found he would drift down to a back pocket by himself. The AI of the game would change players positions randomly at times which infuriated me. Whitnall and Murphy and SOS seemed to tire easily so had to be rested at times and some players ran all day. I thought it was responding to my tactics okay until the last quarter of the Carl v Freo Round 1 game when Freo pegged back a four goal Blues lead to hit the front. It wasn't allowing me to make the changes I wanted to but with 14 seconds left, Carlton kicked a goal to win by ...... wait for it ..... 1 point. :D
Rigged I thought, was I actually controlling anything? Is it contrived? Then they had the other results come through, Dogs d Saints by 32, Cats d Eagles by 42, Dees d Tigers by 29, Swans d Crows by 74, Hawks d Pies by 36, Port and Lions drew, all seemed quite plausible but when the Roos d Bombers by 75 points, I knew there must be some unpredictability about the game. :D

For your fantasy information, Freo got the 3 & 2 votes while Hamill got the 1 vote for the game. Ratts ripped off again!

Goals: Allan 3 (all from the FP no less ;)), Houlihan 3, Whitnall 2, Hamill 2, Ratten 1, Kouta 1, Camporeale 1, and one other I missed.

Ratten got 32 possessions, 5 marks, 11 tackles, 1 goal
Kouta 23 poss, 13 marks, 1 goal
Murphy 22 poss, 8 marks, 11 tackles
Hulme 27 poss, 9 marks, 8 tackles
Allan 19 poss, 12 marks, 10 tackles, 3 goals
Hamill 17 poss, 12 marks, 2 goals

Campo 1 kick, 1 goal until I dragged him ingloriously in the last quarter.
McKay quiet.
Manton 0 possessions but kept him on all day as he kept his opponent quiet in the forward pocket.

All in all, you need a lot of patience and a love of the statistical/tactical side of the game to appreciate it at all. The ball and camera angles were almost impossible to follow. Ah well, Hawks are up next. :cool:

I bought this game...
THE BIGGEST WASTE OF $70- IN HISTORY.
It's fr**king garbage.
Collecting dust now.
Think I'll stick to CM 01-02.

I agree with most of what you said ODN's.
I started a season as Port and played 2 rounds including a 3 goal win over Brisbane and a 5 point win over the Bombers. I tried to play a third many times but didn't suceed as it took so long to play one round so it froze a few times and I lost it which got frustrating.
If you try and speed up the game too much you can't tell what is going on at all, so you have to keep it sort of slowish (maybe it was my angle, I didn't try many).
In the training section it would crash a few seconds after getting in there and with the high amount of injuries I couldn't get the players on light training before it would crash.
My full forward would keep running down to the backline and never came back when the ball went back up forward.
Every week all my ruckmen would get injured. I lost Primus and Lade one week, next week I lost French and Brogan. It was just too much to bear lol.
It was difficult to change players positions on the field too if they got tired etc.
So since then (few days after Christmas) I haven't touched it.

Originally posted by PowerGirl36

Every week all my ruckmen would get injured. I lost Primus and Lade one week, next week I lost French and Brogan. It was just too much to bear lol.
I guess even in a fantasy comp Port would still have about a dozen ruckman on their list? ;)

Originally posted by The Old Dark Navy's
I guess even in a fantasy comp Port would still have about a dozen ruckman on their list? ;)

Yes,well...maybe not quite a dozen ;)
Anyway it sounds as if Carlton have met their match in Freo :p

After reading the title of this thread, and the fact that it was on the Carlton board, I though there was dramatic news regarding the coaching position at Carlton that I must have missed!

Originally posted by Dan26
After reading the title of this thread, and the fact that it was on the Carlton board, I though there was dramatic news regarding the coaching position at Carlton that I must have missed!
I don't know that Carlton fans would want Sheedy any more than Essendon fans would want to see him cross over.;)

No, it's all about Kevin Sheedy putting his name to and helping to develop an inferior product. Wouldn't be the first time now would it? ;):D

No, it's all about Kevin Sheedy putting his name to and helping to develop an inferior product. Wouldn't be the first time now would it? ;):D

That's right, he's also invested in a dud racehorse or two, though his latest seem quite promising. Bit like his product back in '93 really :D

Originally posted by Dave

That's right, he's also invested in a dud racehorse or two, though his latest seem quite promising. Bit like his product back in '93 really :D
Didn't his '93 product take a severe dip in the market in '94? One of those passing fads. I think we will call them the Teenage Mutant Ninja Bombers ! ;) Cowabunga dude! :D

Didn't his '93 product take a severe dip in the market in '94?
One of those passing fads. I think we will call them the Teenage Mutant Ninja Bombers ! ;) Cowabunga dude! :D

LOL!

Didn't his '93 product take a severe dip in the market in '94? One of those passing fads. I think we will call them the Teenage Mutant Ninja Bombers ! ;) Cowabunga dude! :D

I guess that would make the '95 Blues Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers then? :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by topdon

I guess that would make the '95 Blues Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers then? :D
It might have if we had have taken a severe dip the following year. Of course that did not happen as our product was good enough to make the top 6 once again in 1996.

Anyway, I don't care as long as I don't have to be the pink power ranger! :eek:

It might have if we had have taken a severe dip the following year. Of course that did not happen as our product was good enough to make the top 6 once again in 1996.

Aaah, but 6th =16th doesn't it :eek:

Anyway, I don't care as long as I don't have to be the pink power ranger! :eek:

yurk!

Originally posted by Dave

Aaah, but 6th =16th doesn't it :eek:
yurk!
Was never my claim Dave. My claim on that topic was that there were other equally acceptable methods of splitting 16 flags than going purely on runners up tallies alone.

Stirrer!;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back