Rumour Kevin Sheedy - The Essendon Puppet Master

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have heard on good authority that Kevin Sheedy has been plotting the return of James Hird to the Essendon Football Club.

Kevin has been making an effort to clean up James' brand through the media in a very deliberate and considered way.

Mark Robinson is also in the loop as the preferred media contact.

Kevin was instrumental in James' appointment at GWS.

James will consider being a full time assistant coach in 2023 to help his cause to become a senior coach again if he doesn't get propelled into the role "early".

The bottom line is that Kevin Sheedy wants James Hird to be the next coach of the Essendon Football Club (end of this year or end of/mid way through next year) and is gathering the numbers at board level to make this happen.

Last edited:

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sheeds is too busy being a Liberal party bootlicker

sheedy-guy-1200x800.jpg

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I 100% believe Sheedy wants Hird to be coach of the Bombers and believes he should be - I reckon he'd see it as his legacy of sorts ...
Whether he is actively campaigning for that on the inside, or pulling strings or whatever I have no clue.
I seriously hope not because no one on the board should be purposely undermining a 2nd year coach.
I love Hirdy but I'd rather have Lloyd back at the club in some capacity tbh.

IMO we need more people from outside Essendon at the club. Doing everything in-club has just continually ****ed us over the past 15 years.
Personally would be throwing everything at getting Luke Hodge involved in the club as a footy boss.

Back