Rumour Kevin Sheedy - The Essendon Puppet Master

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
You’re a generous man, craffles, and an example to us all

Here to help. Hopefully we appoint Hird. Chief might have to a record traffic day on the site as we justifiably cop it hard haha.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Here to help. Hopefully we appoint Hird. Chief might have to a record traffic day on the site as we justifiably cop it hard haha.
It would honestly be one of the great days of BF. I can’t see it happening but a tiny piece of me can hope.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I'm delusional hmm not the supporters living in a fantasy land where Ess was found guilty of doping. Typical partisan media stooge.
Not essendon found guilty , just the players or did that not happen?

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Well that's the thing Thymosin was legal, but if you care about more than legal nitpicking, TB-4 is fit for human consumption and like I said legality constantly changes. And yeah every team in the AFL, NBA, etc utilise injections, many borderline illegal, many unreported and illegal, it's modern medicine.

pavstar

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Rutten sacked.

One step closer to the return of Hird.
Lock it in
animation illustration GIF

qman

All Australian
Jun 7, 2011
Swan Hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Traditional vic teams
Rutten sacked.

One step closer to the return of Hird.
This is all so dumb, if it wasn't Clarkson or bust then they may aswell have made it official that Rutten was gone last week. There's no defending this s**t anymore, finals first season then gone 2nd, that's ****ed.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Kevin Sheedy wants an experienced coach. His grasp of current events reminds me of American Wrestling Association owner Verne Gagne who wanted an experienced wrestler to build a feud around. "Let's get Adrian Adonis" he told his team. "Ah, he's dead" replied one of his wrestlers. If Sheedy is in charge, I expect them to target Norm Smith.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Kevin Sheedy wants an experienced coach. His grasp of current events reminds me of American Wrestling Association owner Verne Gagne who wanted an experienced wrestler to build a feud around. "Let's get Adrian Adonis" he told his team. "Ah, he's dead" replied one of his wrestlers. If Sheedy is in charge, I expect them to target Norm Smith.

hilarious hearing them talk about only wanting an experienced coach and considering Hird in the same breath.

I feel bad for (a few) Essendon fans but * me the club deserves everything it gets.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I have heard on good authority that Kevin Sheedy has been plotting the return of James Hird to the Essendon Football Club.

Kevin has been making an effort to clean up James' brand through the media in a very deliberate and considered way.

Mark Robinson is also in the loop as the preferred media contact.

Kevin was instrumental in James' appointment at GWS.

James will consider being a full time assistant coach in 2023 to help his cause to become a senior coach again if he doesn't get propelled into the role "early".

The bottom line is that Kevin Sheedy wants James Hird to be the next coach of the Essendon Football Club (end of this year or end of/mid way through next year) and is gathering the numbers at board level to make this happen.
Come On Reaction GIF

BigPond101

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
They are better off with Hird than Lyon. Lyon's game plan was outdated 10 years ago and there have been a million rule changes to make the game more attacking since then. In the post covid world where attendance and interest are fragile (see the mid season fan survey "Why arent you coming to the football?" Lyon wont be allowed to suceed the AFL will just change more rules

At least Hird was a positive and attacking coach as I remember him

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
people think he is senile but really he’s Neo.
If he can get hird back to coach the bombers he’s cracked the matrix.
To cross the floor to sack the pres who’s backing rutten then says he wants rutten to coach as his team project it was about clarko who was already signed to Roos waiting for Kingsley to take gws job then bombers won’t have many options for coach but spike Solomon and Hird are now available. Genius

Back