Kevin Sheedy vs Leigh Matthews (as coach)

Who was the better Coach?

• Leigh Matthews

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • Kevin Sheedy

Votes: 32 39.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't that demonstrate a difference in coaching ability though? Mathews got 3 premierships out of his superteam, Sheedy only got one out of his 'team of the century'.
Look at that team though and it's great but hard to call it the team of the century. Geelong of 07-13 were far better man for man for example.

Look at that team though and it's great but hard to call it the team of the century. Geelong of 07-13 were far better man for man for example.
I'd happily agree with you in another thread however this kind of thinking undermines what I'm trying to say in here.

they aren't even in the top 3 teams this century if you ask me

I would argue that to the death.

Essendon of 2000 was the best side ever assembled IMO.

I would argue that to the death.

Essendon of 2000 was the best side ever assembled IMO.

Because they won 21 games in the regular season? Collingwood in 2010 should've won 21 games, lost to the Cats by a few points after an official umpiring error cost us the game, and I'm betting Essendon's % wasn't as good as ours, and mate, I wouldn't have that Collingwood team in the top 4 AFL sides.

Because they won 21 games in the regular season? Collingwood in 2010 should've won 21 games, lost to the Cats by a few points after an official umpiring error cost us the game, and I'm betting Essendon's % wasn't as good as ours, and mate, I wouldn't have that Collingwood team in the top 4 AFL sides.

I think you mean 2011 friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon also went on to belt the living daylights out of every side in the finals series, while Collingwood struggled to even make the GF then were comfortably beaten by Geelong. Not even comparable.
We just belted the living daylights out of every team in the comp bar Geelong in the regular season, you don't get a % like that for nothing, and FWIW I wasn't suggesting our 2011 team was as good as your 2000 team, but there's no chance in hell you were better than Brisbane-Geelong or Hawthorn.

We just belted the living daylights out of every team in the comp bar Geelong in the regular season, you don't get a % like that for nothing, and FWIW I wasn't suggesting our 2011 team was as good as your 2000 team, but there's no chance in hell you were better than Brisbane-Geelong or Hawthorn.

Better than all three.

They were all just longer lived.

No contest really.

*edit* - especially Hawthorn; a bog average premiership side - all four of them.

LOL.

Probably a bridge too far.

Mate, the 2000 side shits on any premiership side Hawthorn has produced in the last decade.

The fact that you have FOUR to choose from is impressive as all hell - but you aren't a crash hot side, you rightfully should be regarded for the average (historically) side that you are.

Mate, the 2000 side shits on any premiership side Hawthorn has produced in the last decade.

The fact that you have FOUR to choose from is impressive as all hell - but you aren't a crash hot side, you rightfully should be regarded for the average (historically) side that you are.

B2B2B>>>2000.:)

Barney/Clarko>>>Sheedy;)

Oh so we get to cherry pick a timeline that suits you? How many flags did this best team ever assembled of yours win?

B2B2B>>>2000.:)

Barney/Clarko>>>Sheedy;)

Agree on the bolded. I'd take three flags over one any day.

The 2000 side was still better than anything Hawthorn have ever put on the park.

Back