Key Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

I did say dont shoot me !

Two guys that I can think of on our list that fit the bill of being speedy, skillful and decent inside/outside are Neale and Sutcliffe. Neale more inside but also good outside and Sutcliffe much more outside, but some inside talent as well. Viv Michie is another (not especially speedy, recruited as skillful outside but is showing serious inside talent at WAFL level).

But I've got a feeling the club will want to try to hold onto them, as I suspect Richmond will your lot (Astbury, Griffiths). Michie has been injured for two years and is showing some really good form in the WAFL. Lyon seems to like Sutcliffe and Neale... they are two of a few young players that Ross has given game time to. He doesn't hand out games to the young blokes just because they're young... those guys have definitely earned them.

Everett -------- I dont really rate tbh
Bulldogs were really short on KPF and he never really displayed any talent for them to hold on to him & he has been at sydney now for 2 years and barely best 30-35.

2 Players that i do rate at Tigerland that would be ideal fit for you guys but i really would hate to see it happen is

David Astbury 195-196 96kg CHF thats being played as a swingman/Backman and my opinion is a natural foward with very very good footy smarts (being wasted in the attempt to re discover the wheel) he was so well regarded that was given the famous richo's #12

Ben Griffiths 199cm 100kgs CHF/FF - Described by shifter sheehan as the next big foward and went as far as to liken him to Plugger Lockett during the draft - Again we are trying to turn another natural foward into a monster backman

Ben is extremely quick and has a massive 70mtr kick thats deadly accurate

Both Player show the ability to become very very good players but with Jack Riewoldt & Tyrone Vickery taking up the 1st & 2nd tall foward options & Luke McGune having a 2nd coming and doing well seem to be left at coburg atm.

Pretty sure both players are highly rated and under contract Atm but you never know Freo might have players that we need that could be a win/win trade - Our needs would be Skilled speedy inside/outside mids to compliment our developing midfield

Before i get my head taken off with the names im going to mention its only the types that i believe we need
Morabito / Hill

Types we need as well.

Two guys that I can think of on our list that fit the bill of being speedy, skillful and decent inside/outside are Neale and Sutcliffe. Neale more inside but also good outside and Sutcliffe much more outside, but some inside talent as well. Viv Michie is another (not especially speedy, recruited as skillful outside but is showing serious inside talent at WAFL level).

But I've got a feeling the club will want to try to hold onto them, as I suspect Richmond will your lot (Astbury, Griffiths). Michie has been injured for two years and is showing some really good form in the WAFL. Lyon seems to like Sutcliffe and Neale... they are two of a few young players that Ross has given game time to. He doesn't hand out games to the young blokes just because they're young... those guys have definitely earned them.
C Pearce? (waiting 4 the sh1tstorm from the protectors of the "unchallengeable" one)

Our club need look no further than our home town rival for KP players. Perth has two on it's list who can't get a game, McInness and Tunbridge. McInness is primarily a forward but Tunbridge is more of a swingman. He kicked 4 on the weekend and is powerfully built. With Darling and Kennedy both still young I find it hard to see McInness getting in their forward line anytime soon but Tunbridge might be closely looked at in the near future as a possible replacement for Glass. Both would be a lot cheaper than Harry Taylor.

isn
Our club need look no further than our home town rival for KP players. Perth has two on it's list who can't get a game, McInness and Tunbridge. McInness is primarily a forward but Tunbridge is more of a swingman. He kicked 4 on the weekend and is powerfully built. With Darling and Kennedy both still young I find it hard to see McInness getting in their forward line anytime soon but Tunbridge might be closely looked at in the near future as a possible replacement for Glass. Both would be a lot cheaper than Harry Taylor.
isn't McInness related to wc heirarchy?
just sayin"

Pardon the intrusion

Do you think you might be looking at Lewis Johnston from the Crows? He was a first rounder in 2008, who we nabbed off the Swans at the end of 2011. He's 193cm, and a good kick for goal, coming second in the SANFL goalkicking last year, with 57. However, he has only played 1 game for us so far, with players like Walker, Jenkins, Henderson, Lynch and possibly McKernan ahead of him. Apparently he has attitude problems and is lazy, so that may be a factor. Thoughts?

isn
isn't McInness related to wc heirarchy?
just sayin"

Cousin of J.Brennan I believe. Might also be related to Rob Wiley I think. Pretty much bluenyella through and through... BUT if he's not going to get a game he might be tempted to look elsewhere.

McGovern with his Freo ties may be a better / more likely target.

Pardon the intrusion

Do you think you might be looking at Lewis Johnston from the Crows? He was a first rounder in 2008, who we nabbed off the Swans at the end of 2011. He's 193cm, and a good kick for goal, coming second in the SANFL goalkicking last year, with 57. However, he has only played 1 game for us so far, with players like Walker, Jenkins, Henderson, Lynch and possibly McKernan ahead of him. Apparently he has attitude problems and is lazy, so that may be a factor. Thoughts?

If he is behind McKernan (no offence) and has attitude and motivation problems, than I can't see us looking in that direction. Not sure if Ross is a miracle worker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he is behind McKernan (no offence) and has attitude and motivation problems, than I can't see us looking in that direction. Not sure if Ross is a miracle worker.
Johnston has definitely been playing better than McKernan in the SANFL, but McKernan is named as emergency while Johnston is stuck in the SANFL. He may be down the pecking order because he is a bit small for a KPP, and lacks the flexibility of McKernan (being able to ruck).

Johnston has definitely been playing better than McKernan in the SANFL, but McKernan is named as emergency while Johnston is stuck in the SANFL. He may be down the pecking order because he is a bit small for a KPP, and lacks the flexibility of McKernan (being able to ruck).
Do you know the name of the big full forward from the SANFl, that had a breakout year last year and was been considered by the AFL clubs. Can't remember his name, but it should come to me if I hear it. I was wondering if he backed - up last years performance. He isn't on an AFL list.

i remember now Justin Hardy. Do you know how he has been going?

Justin Hardy?

he's a pinch hitting ruck who loves a goal. We have Kepler and Hannath who do similar. He might be an upgrade on either, but maybe we should have a look at Hannath's games while Pav is out before we criticise our drafting too badly.

I'm quite looking forward to see what Jack does in the next month or so.

i remember now Justin Hardy. Do you know how he has been going?
Yeah, he plays for Central District. He kicked 1 more goal than Johnston last year (58). He pinch-hits in the ruck, and kicked several bags of five and seven goals. He played as a defender before that, so he definitely has flexibility.

Justin Hardy?

he's a pinch hitting ruck who loves a goal. We have Kepler and Hannath who do similar. He might be an upgrade on either, but maybe we should have a look at Hannath's games while Pav is out before we criticise our drafting too badly.

I'm quite looking forward to see what Jack does in the next month or so.

60 Fremantle – Justin Hardy (SA – KPF/Ruck)
Height: 196cm, Weight: 97kg, DOB: 14/01/1988
Recruited from: Central Districts
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: late-rookie
Profile: Powerful key forward who has also in the past demonstrated the ability to play through the ruck or down back. Strong marking presence and can take a grab. Had a real breakout season and was the dominant state league key forward from this year.

It wasn't a criticism. We will need a full forward (???) and a ruck/forward (Hannath,Clarke.moller)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back