List Mgmt. Key FWD - 2022 1st Rd Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought this thread is important as we build out the list.

It is likely that next year we will finish anywhere from maybe 16th-8th (we will get a bottom 6 draw in 2022 as opposed to the top 6 draw we have in 2021).
Whilst our 2021 Draft is tied to Nick Daicos and our flexibility because of this is a bit hazy, it is unlikely we will be able to draft or land a top 10 Key Fwd talent.

Therefore we will most likely have our hands on a top 10 pick.

It is critical we put pressure on the club to select a Key Fwd with our 2022 1st round draft pick.

Let's use this thread to start building out a list of Key Fwd's

There is also this thread that is useful https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-u17s-2022-draft-cohort.1219047/page-8

Key Fwd List for 2022:

VIC Metro:
- Will Elliott 200cm (Oakleigh)
- Matthew Jefferson 194cm (Oakleigh)
- Hudson O'Keeffe 200cm (Oakleigh)

VIC Country:
- Oliver Northam 195cm (Falcons)

SA:
- Harry Lemmey 199cm (West Adelaide)
- Isaac Keeler 197cm (North Adelaide)
- Harry Barnett 201cm (West Adelaide)
- Brodie Tuck 193cm (Central Districts)
- Tom Scully 201cm (West Adelaide)
- Koby Cockshell 195cm (South Adelaide)

WA:
- Luke Brown 200cm (Claremont)
- Jedd Busslinger 194cm (East Perth)
- Alex Condon 205cm (Claremont)

Other:
- Billy King 198cm (Swans Academy)

Last edited:
The last 4 drafts Key Position Players

2017 Draft:
9 Aaron Naughton

2018 Draft:
2 Jack Lukosius (probably a third tall?)
4 Max King
6 Ben King
10 Nick Blakey (much like Lukosius)

2019 Draft:
3 Luke Jackson (More a Ruck/Fwd)
6 Fischer McAsey (Key Back ATM)

2020 Draft:
1 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
2 Riley Thilthorpe
4 Logan McDonald
6 Denver Grainger-Barras (Key Back)
8 Nik Cox (Utility)
10 Zach Reid (Key Back?)

It is likely that next year we will finish anywhere from maybe 16th-8th (we will get a bottom 6 draw in 2022 as opposed to the top 6 draw we have in 2021).
Whilst our 2021 Draft is tied to Nick Daicos and our flexibility because of this is a bit hazy, it is unlikely we will be able to draft or land a top 10 Key Fwd talent.

It is critical we put pressure on the club to select a Key Fwd with our 2022 1st round draft pick.

Knightmare are you able to please list some early Key Fwd candidates from the 2022 group.

There is also this thread that is useful https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-u17s-2022-draft-cohort.1219047/page-8

Isaac Keeler is one to watch for next year and is my early vote. He's my guy. I covered him in my weekly AFL draft wrap this week.

197cm. High leaper, but such a rare, fluid mover for his height in the way you might say of a Buddy. Great overhead and at ground level. Very dangerous as a forward. Can also push through the ruck. He could be something like next year's Riley Thilthorpe and is a genuine pick 1 contender for 2021. Or if talking about more established guys he shares some resemblance with, he has a blend of Buddy/Paddy Ryder vibes.

An Adelaide NGA, but of no risk to join Adelaide, as by then NGAs will be set so that any bid inside the top-40 means there is no opportunity to match bids, with the NGAs to instead be about giving clubs priority access instead to those viewed more-so as late/rookie picks rather than those top end guys who would be stars anyway.

I honestly think this is why we have selected 2 key forwards in the mid-season draft. Due to the Daicos bid, we will likely be in serious debt and I can see why we selected Aiden Begg. For this reason, I think we might have a few swings now and see what pays off, and maybe go looking again in 2023.

If looking for someone on a rival list, Callum Coleman-Jones is an obvious target for a key forward. He's the best available key forward who is outside best-22.

At the other end of the field, Jake Riccardi is the guy I'd target. And same story as Coleman-Jones. Outside best-22, but can be terrific. He has mostly played forward, but I'm excited by his scope to develop as a key defender.

They're moneyball trade targets Collingwood could get this year and shouldn't cost the world to get.

Isaac Keeler is one to watch for next year and is my early vote. He's my guy. I covered him in my weekly AFL draft wrap this week.

197cm. High leaper, but such a rare, fluid mover for his height in the way you might say of a Buddy. Great overhead and at ground level. Very dangerous as a forward. Can also push through the ruck. He could be something like next year's Riley Thilthorpe and is a genuine pick 1 contender for 2021. Or if talking about more established guys he shares some resemblance with, he has a blend of Buddy/Paddy Ryder vibes.

An Adelaide NGA, but of no risk to join Adelaide, as by then NGAs will be set so that any bid inside the top-40 means there is no opportunity to match bids, with the NGAs to instead be about giving clubs priority access instead to those viewed more-so as late/rookie picks rather than those top end guys who would be stars anyway.
Thoughts on Luke Brown? A mate of mine from WA is high on him, but seems to be an absolute beanpole.

Keeler would be great. An indigenous KPF would be good for us.

Knightmare are you able to please list some early Key Fwd candidates from the 2022 group.

Key Fwd List for 2022:

VIC Metro:

VIC Country:

SA:

WA:

Other:
I have no argument with the need for a key Fwd but can you please explain how a circle jerk in a bloody forum is going to put pressure on anyone?

I've been around these pages since before the last flag and if the club was persuaded by any of the rhetoric or indeed vitriolic suggestions that have rolled through here I am yet to notice it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate hearing "can double as a ruck-man or pinch hit in the ruck"... I want a forward & a forward ONLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know what you meant, buts its probably becausse of their leap, footy smarts and size and have played ruck at junior level

Thoughts on Luke Brown? A mate of mine from WA is high on him, but seems to be an absolute beanpole.

Keeler would be great. An indigenous KPF would be good for us.

Brown is another for next year. 200cm, but as you say very skinny. Have only seen tape from one of his games. Strong mark and hits the scoreboard in bunches. He's a threat i50. Looks high end for next year also and is another to track the development of.

Brown is another for next year. 200cm, but as you say very skinny. Have only seen tape from one of his games. Strong mark and hits the scoreboard in bunches. He's a threat i50. Looks high end for next year also and is another to track the development of.
Yeah, all I know of him is he's skinny and can kick a bag or two. 2022 is definitely the time to target KPP it seems, barring some free agent or trade miracle

Key Fwd List for 2022:

VIC Metro:
- Will Elliott 200cm (Oakleigh)
- Matthew Jefferson 194cm (Oakleigh)
- Hudson O'Keeffe 200cm (Oakleigh)

VIC Country:
- Oliver Northam 195cm (Falcons)

SA:
- Harry Lemmey 199cm (West Adelaide)
- Harry Barnett 201cm (West Adelaide)
- Brodie Tuck 193cm (Central Districts)