List Mgmt. Key FWD - 2022 1st Rd Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with both areas having holes, but our fwd mix still projects better for 2022, IMO. In the context of this thread I would still err on finding a long term KPF option early draft and my take is more geared toward investing in the midfield in this draft.

Adding say Knevitt without selling the farm is appealing because it would would provide two long term big inside mid options (Reef being the other) and wouldn’t compromise our 2022 ladder position. A draft haul of Daicos, Knevitt and a pact small forward leading into a KPF in 2022 is a good outcome, IMO.

Sorry Scodog if I've missed this, but how do we expect to get Knevitt? He is expected to go in the top 30ish, and we will need to shift our pick 27 or use it to soak up points for Daicos

Sorry Scodog if I've missed this, but how do we expect to get Knevitt? He is expected to go in the top 30ish, and we will need to shift our pick 27 or use it to soak up points for Daicos

We moved 27 for 38, 40 and Richmond’s 2022 3rd about two weeks ago. It ultimately depends on what value we can find for 36/38 and our 2022 3rds plus if Daicos slides to 4. I think we can get a pick in that 25-35 range, but there’s a bit to play out there.

FWIW I don’t think we’ll be able to do it because like Goater Knevitt will be rated much higher by the media in 3 weeks time than he is today, but I was using him more in the context of what I’d like to see us do from a list build perspective rather than what I expect us to do.

It was never about our forward line. You could have plugger up there and wouldn't make a difference if our ball movement was horrible.
We'll find out this year Jen.

Playing fast and kicking long to Checkers and Cameron, possibly Kreuger....hmmmmm. Not sure that's a recipe for success, especially when done by s**t kicks. Time will tell.

We'll find out this year Jen.

Playing fast and kicking long to Checkers and Cameron, possibly Kreuger....hmmmmm. Not sure that's a recipe for success, especially when done by sh*t kicks. Time will tell.
Yeah we'll see. But better ball movement can only benefit any forward line. Its a step in the right direction

Harry Lemmey
199cm/93kg
West Adelaide/South Australia
30/1/04
Key forward

It was an exciting season for the talented tall forward in 2021, with Lemmey's performances in West Adelaide's under-18s side seeing him elevated to their League team, where he played two senior games. At under-18s level, he booted 17 goals from seven games, including kicking three goals in each of their finals games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lemmey or Keeler. If we could prise Logan Mac out of Sydney, I'd go for him - he was a Pies supporter growing up.
As was Aaron Naughton.:(

Max King has dragged St Kilda over the line the last 2 weeks. We must use our first round draft pick on a key fwd this year.

Every year we avoid it takes us another year away from building for sustained success.

We need a top 10 draft pick key fwd talent to develop with the core group of talented young players we have below

• N Daicos
  • Reef
  • Henry
  • IQ
  • Finlay
  • Beau

Etc Etc.

Max King has dragged St Kilda over the line the last 2 weeks. We must use our first round draft pick on a key fwd this year.

Every year we avoid it takes us another year away from building for sustained success.

We need a top 10 draft pick key fwd talent to develop with the core group of talented young players we have below

• N Daicos
  • Reef
  • Henry
  • IQ
  • Finlay
  • Beau

Etc Etc.
Would love a crack at Lemmey or Keeler from SA. Both fit the mould of that prototypical tall athletic KPF

Where are the best key forward prospects projected to go this season?

How many are expected to be worthy of being a top 5 or 10 pick?

Reading some material the other week and it sounded like quite a lot of midfield/medium types are still expected to be vying for the No.1 position despite the perception this was draft was full of key position talent.

At this stage I'm not convinced we'll finish low enough to snare one of the best junior KP talents and given the exciting brand of football we are currently playing I'm not comfortable we go the tank route to achieve it.

Where are the best key forward prospects projected to go this season?

How many are expected to be worthy of being a top 5 or 10 pick?

Reading some material the other week and it sounded like quite a lot of midfield/medium types are still expected to be vying for the No.1 position despite the perception this was draft was full of key position talent.

At this stage I'm not convinced we'll finish low enough to snare one of the best junior KP talents and given the exciting brand of football we are currently playing I'm not comfortable we go the tank route to achieve it.
From what I read these are all likely top 20 prospects with some top 5-10. Given there is a full season to play out who knows where they end up.

SA
H.Lemmey 199cm KPF West Adelaide
I.Keeler. 197cm KPF North Adelaide, NGA Adelaide
H.Barnett 202cm KPF/Ruck West Adelaide

Vic
W.Elliott 200cm KPF/Ruck
M.Jefferson 194cm KPF
O.Northam 195cm KPF

Plus more names from Smythes top 10 KPF,

KPF RANKINGS
1 - Harry Lemmey 199cm
2 - Isaac Keeler 197cm
3 - Oliver Northam 195cm
4 - Matthew Jefferson 194cm
5 - Tom Scully 201cm
6 - Jasper Scaife 195cm
7 - Damon Pitt 195cm
8 - Luke Brown 199cm
9 - Felix Fogarty - 198cm
10 - Billy King 199cm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to Finish at least bottom 4-5 to have a Crack
Not sure. There are some very strong midfielders in this draft that clubs would be going for.

I don’t think both key forwards will go in the top 5 unless they have complete standout seasons.

You would think North grab 1.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back