Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oh yes it did indeed.

The sheer joyous smile when he kicked that goal...so good.

I can picture it now sitting up high in the that old stand behind the goals city end ...Billlllllyyyy yes!!!! Lol
Weston was a good move aswell, according to Lou especially.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Chad Cornes or Adam Goodes come to mind for me of the players I grew up watching.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep, him and bassato. Bradley and sticks. Gee Carlton use to nail their recruitment. What happened.

The ####ers had stars on every line ..81’ until 93’ when we ended it..sort of.

Can remember many many games in 80, 81, 82 at VFL park where they would always get us. Princes park no hope. And if I go into my bomber book I’m sure the ####s beat us Windy Hill many times too.

A great club back then.

Now, not so much.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Can remember many many games in 80, 81, 82 at VFL park where they would always get us. Princes park no hope. And if I go into my bomber book I’m sure the ####s beat us Windy Hill many times too.

A great club back then.

Now, not so much.

Essendon weren't bad in that period on the back of SA/WA recruits. Probably the best two at it.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

A great club back then.

Now, not so much.
Yeah gotta love the rivalry. Fitzpatrick on the mark when Neale Daniher was dominating @ pp 81, funny stuff. Blues will come back, as will the bombers, in the meantime we are both average.

Has anyone mentioned Steven Silvagni?
Was he not in the OP?

Though SOS is a weird one. Not that he wasn't a very capable forward, but he was mostly an emergency option as a forward, he was 90% a fullback. Your Grants, Glendinnings, Cornes, etc. played lots of footy at both ends of the grounds.

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Even though he copped a lot of criticism Justin Koschitzke won the rising star playing CHB, rucked and played second fiddle to Riewoldt up front with a career best of 48 goals in 2009.

Back