Player Position Classifications

Remove this Banner Ad

I am in favour of approving the nomination for Jordan Roughead to qualify for temporary classification as a key defender.
He has a history of playing in that position so don't see it as an unrealistic nomination.

This. Has played the position before.

I'd support it because I have my own hardship request :)

Nominate Jake Carlisle as KPF

Current KPF stock
Taylor Walker - unlikely to play due to injury
Josh Kennedy - unlikely to play due to injury
Matthew Taberner - likely to play (fingers crossed)
Josh Battle - unlikely to play
Callum Moore - borderline
Harry Dear - rookie listed & unlikely to play

Add to that Ben Griffiths retired in December !

Carlisle was a dual position player last season and I concede he played majority of the year in defense but did pinch hit in attack some games (not as often as when he was playing for Essendon).

In the unlikely event that Moore or Battle play (or Walker & Kennedy) I'll play them as KPFs or if Dear is selected will upgrade him to the main list and place Naismith on LTI list.

Ballarat Dragons apply for hardship key position classification for Jordan Roughead to be temporarily classed as Key Position Defender
Nominate Jake Carlisle as KPF

Jordan Roughead (KPD) and Jake Carlisle (KPF) have both been granted hardship key position classification for the week, pending the AFL non-selection of other relevant key position players in their respective teams.

Gippsland apply for Max Gawn to be temporarily permitted as a hardship KPF

I'm fine either way on this one, but thought I'd at least ask the question

I've got both Gawn and Nankervis on my list for this year, so will have to name one of them as a forward each week, whether as KPF or not
Why I've selected Gawn is because last year in AFLTM he was classified as a Tapper/Goalkicker, so I was able to name him as a CHF/FF for me, I guess this could become a regular problem for me with the 2 rucks and only 18 positions on the field

Additionally (partially due to my own poor recruiting) it looks like nearly all my KPFs will not be playing this week
Shane Kersten - Possible but looks unlikely now
Oscar Allan - Not yet ready, still recovering from injury
Michael Apeness - Still recovering from injury
Zach Sproule - most likely not playing (will have to upgrade to play him anyway)

and while I believe I will have several Key Position Defenders that will be named - Michael Hartley, Dylan Grimes, Rory Thompson - I don't think I can really justify putting any of them forward, Hartley has kicked a goal or two, but nothing substantial

So if I could get Gawn approved that would be great, otherwise one of my Rucks/KPDs will play there anyway and I'll take the 50% hit rule that was introduced for the 2 key forwards

Obviously if any of my forwards do play I will pick them without hesitation

Thought I'd at least get some clarity before the season starts

I'm leaning towards a no on this one.

At first it was a strong no but that shifts between strong no and borderline yes depending on how I look at it...

We used to be allowed to shift talls around pretty freely in the past so it wasn't unusual to see a kpf filling in as a ruckman or vice versa, so I don't really have a problem with this as a hardship option where there is no other real option due to unforseen circumstances.
But looking at your list I'm actually surprised at the lack of decent kpp options in your squad and feel that the problem isn't exactly unforseen, or even unfortunate. I can see this potentially going from a temporary hardship option to a permanent fix.

I don't think it's fair on you to have to leave one of those ruckmen out of your team though so at the very least I'd be in favour of one of them being named in a forward pocket permanently. I'm just not totally convinced that they should be allowed to fill a permanent key forward position unless they have a history of playing there or actually have reasonable stints up forward once the season is underway

I'd like to nominate Joel Smith (MEL) as a key defender, Darcy Fogarty (ADE) as a key forward, Tom Doedee (ADE) as a key defender and Rory Lobb (GWS) as a ruck.
These are permanent KPP classifications I am guessing?

I'll automatically grant permanent Ruck status for Rory Lobb as I doubt anyone will vote that down and it allows you to name him in that position for round 1 this week if you need. The others I will have to take through the voting process.

These are permanent KPP classifications I am guessing?

I'll automatically grant permanent Ruck status for Rory Lobb as I doubt anyone will vote that down and it allows you to name him in that position for round 1 this week if you need. The others I will have to take through the voting process.
Yes, permanent.

Gippsland apply for Max Gawn to be temporarily permitted as a hardship KPF
I'll allow the Gawn/Nankervis selection as a KPF for the next few weeks (as long as no other suitable candidates are selected in your team) but I do share the same concerns as sausageroll. May need to work something out longer term for this one if it continues to happens every week.

Can I nominate Ben Reid as a key back? I did my list planning with him as a dual option, given his history of moving back and forward.

If not permanent, then at least temporarily as I have no other key back apart from Tarrant being selection (Hamling not picked).

Can I nominate Ben Reid as a key back? I did my list planning with him as a dual option, given his history of moving back and forward.

If not permanent, then at least temporarily as I have no other key back apart from Tarrant being selection (Hamling not picked).
If there are no other KPD options on your list then there is no problem with a hardship KPD classification for Reid this week.

I will take this as a permanent request for KPD classification as well and will add him to the voting process.

I'll allow the Gawn/Nankervis selection as a KPF for the next few weeks (as long as no other suitable candidates are selected in your team) but I do share the same concerns as sausageroll. May need to work something out longer term for this one if it continues to happens every week.

Thanks for clarifying mate - yeah I thought the same thing when I saw my list setup as well, it wasn't ideal but thought I'd at least check and see as the whole 2 ruckman thing makes it complicated as I'm not 100% sure where to name them otherwise - if they hypothetically were in a team, one of them would just have to play as a key forward, but that's not really how this game works

Is there possibly a limit on how many weeks a hardship can possibly be placed before it is just a penalty? That way it can't be exploited for an entire season or anything like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Key Player Classification Results
Joel Smith (DI) - denied
Darcy Fogarty (DI) - denied
Tom Doedee (DI) - denied
Ben Reid (NR) - approved

Can I apply to have Eric Hipwood as a ruck for this weekend given the late withdrawal of Matthew Kruezer

If so I'll move Waterman to FF and Hipwood to ruck and bring in someone off bench for the FP position.

Let me know if that's going to be all good fightingfury_88

As I said in the Rd 4 thread, I'd like to nominate Shaun Grigg to play KPD for this week only as my regular KPD in Marchbank and Morris are injured, Logan Austin is an emergency and my developing KPDs in Gardner and Maibaum are not selected. Grigg is the only man above 190cm in my backline, hence why I've picked him there even though he is more of a flanker/wingman/pinch hitter in the ruck. Understand if it isn't allowed since a) I'm very late and b) he doesn't usually play there.

Also like to nominate Jeremy Finlayson as a hardship KPD for the following weeks now that he has been promoted from the rookie list. He plays as a third tall and I'd select him there every week from now until Morris/Marchbank/Austin return.

As I said in the Rd 4 thread, I'd like to nominate Shaun Grigg to play KPD for this week only as my regular KPD in Marchbank and Morris are injured, Logan Austin is an emergency and my developing KPDs in Gardner and Maibaum are not selected. Grigg is the only man above 190cm in my backline, hence why I've picked him there even though he is more of a flanker/wingman/pinch hitter in the ruck. Understand if it isn't allowed since a) I'm very late and b) he doesn't usually play there.

Also like to nominate Jeremy Finlayson as a hardship KPD for the following weeks now that he has been promoted from the rookie list. He plays as a third tall and I'd select him there every week from now until Morris/Marchbank/Austin return.

Key Player Classification Results
Shaun Grigg (Wag) - hardship KPD - denied
Jeremy Finlayson (Wag) - hardship KPD - approved

Applying for Jack Henry as a key defender under the hardship rule. He's been played as one of Geelong's talls with Taylor and Henderson out, and I'm missing Henderson and Melican from my own team currently with Weitering rumoured to be unavailable this week too.

I've named Weitering in any case but if he doesn't come up I'd like to have Henry (named on my bench) available to be subbed in.

I'd like to nominate Lachlan Plowman as key defender for the Adelaide Lions.

Desperate for another key forward and a ruckman, but no-one on my list lends themselves to playing in those positions.
Lachlan Plowman granted permanent KPD status.

Applying for Jack Henry as a key defender under the hardship rule. He's been played as one of Geelong's talls with Taylor and Henderson out, and I'm missing Henderson and Melican from my own team currently with Weitering rumoured to be unavailable this week too.

I've named Weitering in any case but if he doesn't come up I'd like to have Henry (named on my bench) available to be subbed in.
Jack Henry granted hardship KPD status for week if no other suitable KPD plays from Geelong list.

Applying for Eric Hippwood to be able to play as Ruck hardship this weekend given Kruezer my only Ruckman is injured and it was approved a few weeks ago for a week as well.
Eric Hipwood granted hardship Ruck status for week if no other suitable ruck plays from Safety Bay list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back