Gee Dub

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2010
Albury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ravens, Rabbitohs, Rockets, Everton
Wagga apply for Scott Lycett to be a temporary KPF. I only have FInlayson and Howard available as KPF but unfortunately they are also my only available KPD. I'm really screwed here- thought I was maybe a little light on for depth but with my defensive depth at the start of the season being Morris and Marchbank with Austin and Joyce playing games for the Saints and my forwards being Roughy, McGovern, Howard, FInlayson I didn't think I'd be this bad.

I realise I'm probably not going to get this over the line since I couldn't get Birchall last week but any of Fritsch, Coffield or Broadbent (who are all 189 or over) as temp KPD for this week and hopefully next week Morris is in (emergency last 2 weeks)

Wagga apply for Scott Lycett to be a temporary KPF. I only have FInlayson and Howard available as KPF but unfortunately they are also my only available KPD. I'm really screwed here- thought I was maybe a little light on for depth but with my defensive depth at the start of the season being Morris and Marchbank with Austin and Joyce playing games for the Saints and my forwards being Roughy, McGovern, Howard, FInlayson I didn't think I'd be this bad.

I realise I'm probably not going to get this over the line since I couldn't get Birchall last week but any of Fritsch, Coffield or Broadbent (who are all 189 or over) as temp KPD for this week and hopefully next week Morris is in (emergency last 2 weeks)
No problem with Lycett.

You do have a couple permanent KPDs named in AFL teams as an emergency (Joyce and Morris). They should really be named in your team before any hardship KPD and then if none of them play the hardship KPD takes their place. Since you have already named your team I'll provisionally grant Coffield hardship KPD status. If neither Joyce or Morris end up playing then Coffield will be granted hardship status and play in place of Broadbent in your team. If one of Joyce and/or Morris do end up playing then you'll have to cop a 50% penalty to Broadbent's score for not selecting an available KPD.

Gee Dub

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2010
Albury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ravens, Rabbitohs, Rockets, Everton
Wagga apply for Bayley Fritsch to be temporary KPF. Been playing as a marking fwd recently. My only playing KPP are Finlayson and Mumford with a couple of emergencies named- Joyce and Howard. McGovern, Lycett, Morris, Roughead, Austin,Stewart are all out (not that the latter two have been anywhere near it this year).

Wagga apply for Bayley Fritsch to be temporary KPF. Been playing as a marking fwd recently. My only playing KPP are Finlayson and Mumford with a couple of emergencies named- Joyce and Howard. McGovern, Lycett, Morris, Roughead, Austin,Stewart are all out (not that the latter two have been anywhere near it this year).
Fritsch is ok for this week.

GeeCat

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2003
TJBC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TDot, LFC
Worth asking, but in a similar vein, can I apply for Dangerfield as a temporary KPF and Sicily as a temporary KPD for this week?

I have already named Barrass/Gardiner and Carlisle/McCartin as my key position players for the week, which I won't change. However, I'm mindful that I have no back-ups available in case any of them are a late withdrawal from their named sides. I'm using all my available KPD players for this week in Barrass/Carlisle/Gardiner, with Taylor out for the season and Lienert/Melican/Young all not named. Similarly, I have Daniher/Curnow/Weideman all out for the season and Ceglar not named.

I suppose it's more a case of having a contingency approved in case it's needed, to avoid the 50% penalty for no KPP's at all. As it relates to the players, my argument would be that Dangerfield has at least demonstrated that he can be played as the focal marking target in a forward line for Geelong when they are without Hawkins and Sicily has similar history playing as one of the taller key defenders in Hawthorn's team when they are minus guys like Frawley and Stratton.

Worth asking, but in a similar vein, can I apply for Dangerfield as a temporary KPF and Sicily as a temporary KPD for this week?

I have already named Barrass/Gardiner and Carlisle/McCartin as my key position players for the week, which I won't change. However, I'm mindful that I have no back-ups available in case any of them are a late withdrawal from their named sides. I'm using all my available KPD players for this week in Barrass/Carlisle/Gardiner, with Taylor out for the season and Lienert/Melican/Young all not named. Similarly, I have Daniher/Curnow/Weideman all out for the season and Ceglar not named.

I suppose it's more a case of having a contingency approved in case it's needed, to avoid the 50% penalty for no KPP's at all. As it relates to the players, my argument would be that Dangerfield has at least demonstrated that he can be played as the focal marking target in a forward line for Geelong when they are without Hawkins and Sicily has similar history playing as one of the taller key defenders in Hawthorn's team when they are minus guys like Frawley and Stratton.
I'm good with Sicily as hardship KPD. Dangerfield we'll hold off for now.

FWIW if there is a late withdrawal, any KPP player can take their place without penalty. (e.g. a KPD can be replaced by a KPF)

GeeCat

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2003
TJBC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TDot, LFC
I'm good with Sicily as hardship KPD. Dangerfield we'll hold off for now.

FWIW if there is a late withdrawal, any KPP player can take their place without penalty. (e.g. a KPD can be replaced by a KPF)

Okay, that being the case as long as I’ve got at least one as key position cover then that’s fine.

The AFL Prospectus is out and that means that so is our initial AFLTM KPP classifications for 2020. Coaches may now apply for additional positions/additions of players to the KPP list.

2020 Permanent Key Position Players by Position
Key Defender

Aaron Francis (Gippsland)
Aidan Corr (Harbour City)
Alex Keath (St Kilda)
Alex Pearce (Geelong)
Alex Rance (NONE)
Aliir Aliir (Safety Bay)
Ben McKay (West Adelaide)
Ben Miller (Western Vultures)
Ben Silvagni (Safety Bay)
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (Geelong)
Buku Khamis (NONE)
Cale Hooker (Melbourne)
Caleb Graham (NONE)
Callum Wilkie (Melbourne)
Charlie Ballard (Gold Coast)
Chris Burgess (West Adelaide)
Dane Rampe (Melbourne)
Daniel Talia (West Adelaide)
Darcy Moore (Northern Reds)
Darragh Joyce (Wagga Wagga)
David Astbury (Harbour City)
Dillon O'Reilly (NONE)
Dougal Howard (Ballarat)
Dylan Grimes (St Kilda)
Fischer McAsey (Tasmania)
Griffin Logue (Ballarat)
Harris Andrews (Adelaide)
Harrison Macreadie (NONE)
Harry Edwards (West Adelaide)
Harry Taylor (Harbour City)
Hugh Goddard (Western Vultures)
Jack Hombsch (Gippsland)
Jack Madgen (NONE)
Jack Maibaum (NONE)
Jack Payne (Adelaide)
Jack Watts (St Kilda)
Jackson Trengove (St Kilda)
Jacob Koschitzke (Harbour City)
Jacob Weitering (Western Vultures)
Jake Carlisle (Northern Reds)
Jake Lever (Geelong)
Jake Pasini (Wagga Wagga)
Jake Stein (NONE)
James Frawley (St Kilda)
James Sicily (Gippsland)
Jeremy Howe (Harbour City)
Jeremy McGovern (West Adelaide)
Joel Hamling (Auckland)
Jonathon Marsh (NONE)
Jordan Roughead (Wagga Wagga)
Jordon Butts (Gippsland)
Josh Battle (Geelong)
Joshua Walker (NONE)
Kaiden Brand (West Coast)
Kyle Hartigan (Western Vultures)
Lachlan Henderson (Tasmania)
Lachlan Keeffe (NONE)
Lewis Melican (Adelaide)
Lewis Young (Geelong)
Liam Jones (Gippsland)
Logan Austin (Gold Coast)
Majak Daw (Gold Coast)
Marcus Adams (Wagga Wagga)
Mark Blicavs (West Coast)
Mark Keane (Gold Coast)
Matt Eagles (NONE)
Matthew McGuinness (West Adelaide)
Michael Hartley (Gippsland)
Michael Hurley (Gold Coast)
Nathan Brown (NONE)
Oscar Clavarino (Gippsland)
Oscar McDonald (Safety Bay)
Patrick Ambrose (Melbourne)
Phil Davis (West Coast)
Riley Grundy (St Kilda)
Robbie Tarrant (Northern Reds)
Rory Thompson (Gippsland)
Ryan Garthwaite (Auckland)
Sam De Koning (Ballarat)
Sam Durdin (West Coast)
Sam Frost (Auckland)
Sam Taylor (Auckland)
Samuel Collins (Gold Coast)
Steven May (Auckland)
Thomas Jonas (Harbour City)
Tim O'Brien (Gold Coast)
Tobe Watson (NONE)
Tom Barrass (Safety Bay)
Tom Clurey (Ballarat)
Will Schofield (West Adelaide)
Zaine Cordy (Safety Bay)

Key Forwards
Aaron Naughton (Geelong)
Ben Brown (West Adelaide)
Ben King (Adelaide)
Ben Reid (Melbourne)
Billy Frampton (Melbourne)
Blake Schlensog (NONE)
Brennan Cox (Northern Reds)
Brody Mihocek (Wagga Wagga)
Cameron McCarthy (Western Vultures)
Charlie Comben (West Coast)
Charlie Curnow (Geelong)
Charlie Dixon (St Kilda)
Cian McBride (NONE)
Connor Ballenden (Adelaide)
Conor Nash (Adelaide)
Daniel McStay (St Kilda)
Darcy Fogarty (West Coast)
Darcy Fort (West Coast)
Elliott Himmelberg (St Kilda)
Emerson Jeka (West Adelaide)
Eric Hipwood (Safety Bay)
Esava Ratugolea (Adelaide)
Finbar O'Dwyer (Melbourne)
Harrison Himmelberg (Melbourne)
Harrison Jones (Ess) (Adelaide)
Harrison Petty (Northern Reds)
Harry McKay (Geelong)
Hugh Dixon (Northern Reds)
Jack Darling (West Adelaide)
Jack Gunston (Harbour City)
Jack Mayo (NONE)
Jack Riewoldt (Harbour City)
Jackson Ross (Northern Reds)
Jake Riccardi (Geelong)
Jake Waterman (Safety Bay)
James Stewart (Geelong)
Jarrod Brander (Adelaide)
Jeremy Cameron (Ballarat)
Jeremy Finlayson (Gold Coast)
Jesse Hogan (Ballarat)
Joe Daniher (Melbourne)
Jonathon Patton (Gold Coast)
Josh Bruce (Auckland)
Josh Jenkins (Gold Coast)
Joshua Kennedy (West Coast)
Josh Schache (Northern Reds)
Justin Westhoff (Melbourne)
Kieran Strachan (West Coast)
Kieren Briggs (Tasmania)
Lance Franklin (West Coast)
Levi Casboult (Western Vultures)
Mason Cox (West Adelaide)
Matthew Taberner (West Coast)
Max King (Tasmania)
Mitch Georgiades (Safety Bay)
Mitch McGovern (Wagga Wagga)
Mitchell Brown (West Coast)
Mitchell Lewis (Northern Reds)
Nathan Kreuger (Ballarat)
Nick Blakey (Tasmania)
Nick Larkey (Auckland)
Noah Gown (Adelaide)
Oscar Allen (Safety Bay)
Patrick Murtagh (Safety Bay)
Peter Wright (Ballarat)
Ryan Gardner (NONE)
Sam Day (Adelaide)
Sam Reid (Melbourne)
Sam Skinner (Adelaide)
Sam Weideman (Gippsland)
Shaun McKernan (Melbourne)
Taylor Walker (Western Vultures)
Tim Membrey (Safety Bay)
Todd Marshall (Gippsland)
Tom Fullarton (Gold Coast)
Tom Hawkins (Harbour City)
Tom Lynch (Safety Bay)
Tom McCartin (Auckland)
Tom McDonald (Gippsland)
Will Kelly (West Adelaide)
Wylie Buzza (Wagga Wagga)
Zach Sproule (NONE)

Rucks
Andrew Phillips (Western Vultures)
Archie Smith (Tasmania)
Austin Bradtke (Gold Coast)
Bailey J Williams (Geelong)
Ben McEvoy (West Coast)
Bigoa Nyuon (Melbourne)
Braydon Preuss (Safety Bay)
Brodie Grundy (Geelong)
Callum Coleman-Jones (Ballarat)
Callum Jamieson (Gippsland)
Callum Sinclair (Western Vultures)
Darcy Cameron (Western Vultures)
Hayden McLean (Gippsland)
Ivan Soldo (Ballarat)
Jack Bell (Melbourne)
Jarrod Witts (Melbourne)
Joel Amartey (NONE)
Jonathon Ceglar (Adelaide)
Jordon Sweet (Gippsland)
Lloyd Meek (Tasmania)
Luke Jackson (Safety Bay)
Mabior Chol (Gold Coast)
Marc Pittonet (Auckland)
Matthew Conroy (NONE)
Matthew Flynn (St Kilda)
Matthew Kreuzer (Safety Bay)
Max Gawn (Gippsland)
Max Lynch (NONE)
Michael Knoll (Gippsland)
Nathan Vardy (Harbour City)
Ned Reeves (West Adelaide)
Nicholas Naitanui (St Kilda)
Nick Bryan (Western Vultures)
Noah Balta (Western Vultures)
Oscar McInerney (Gold Coast)
Patrick Ryder (Auckland)
Peter Ladhams (Geelong)
Reilly O'Brien (Gold Coast)
Rhys Stanley (Adelaide)
Rory Lobb (St Kilda)
Rowan Marshall (Auckland)
Ryan Abbott (Tasmania)
Sam Albakis (West Adelaide)
Sam Draper (Gold Coast)
Sam Hayes (Geelong)
Sam Jacobs (St Kilda)
Sam Naismith (West Coast)
Scott Lycett (Wagga Wagga)
Sean Darcy (Ballarat)
Shane Mumford (Wagga Wagga)
Stefan Martin (Harbour City)
Timothy English (Northern Reds)
Toby Nankervis (Ballarat)
Todd Goldstein (West Adelaide)
Tom Bellchambers (Melbourne)
Tom Campbell (Adelaide)
Tom De Koning (Northern Reds)
Tom Hickey (Harbour City)
Tristan Xerri (NONE)
Zac Smith (Gold Coast)

Last edited:
2 time Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy a ruck and not KPF? Surely a typo?

Darcy Fort a KPF and not a Ruck?
Yup, typo for Kennedy.

Darcy Fort categorised as a KPF by Champion Data. Played that role in VFL due to Geelong's other rucks.

Apply for Chris Burgess as dual KPD/KPF
Addition of KPF for Burgess approved. Started year as KPF before switching to KPD later in the season.

Apply for Aaron Francis as dual KPD/KPF - played both roles during 2019
Apply for Tom McDonald as dual KPD/KPF
Aaron Francis - Approved. Played 65% as a KPD last year and 35% as a KPF.
Tom McDonald - Denied. Didn't play much KPD in 2019.

Apply for Lachlan Plowman as KPD.
Lachlan Plowman - Approved. Played on talls and smalls as a stopper and at 193cm that's key enough for me.

Apply for Tom Lynch (of the Adelaide variety) KPF and Caleb Marchbank KPD status.
Tom T Lynch - denied. Was behind Walker, Jenkins and Fogarty as KPFs in 2019 and has never really played as a key forward permanently. Fits the hardship KPF mould definitely.

Caleb Marchbank - approved. No issues at all with this one. Played some KPD last year and plenty in previous seasons.

Apply for Frampton to add Ruck
Apply for Hooker to add KPF (Don't know the numbers but believe he played abit of 2019 there)
Billy Frampton - Approved. Previous AFL exposure has been as a ruckman. 2019 was his first taste of being predominantly a key forward at SANFL level.
Cale Hooker - Approved. Was in the top 75 for forward 50 targets in 2019 which suggests plenty of time spent forward.

GeeCat

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2003
TJBC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
TDot, LFC
Apply for Lewis Young and Peter Ladhams to be granted hardship KPF status, with Curnow, Naughton, McKay, Stewart all out injured for me and Riccardi not likely to be selected early on.

The Bulldogs seemed to try playing Young up forward in the first Marsh game with Naughton and Bruce missing, and Ladhams is the next logical tall option for me ahead of Zerk-Thatcher.

Apply for Noah Balta to be given KPD status. Clearly Richmond see him as the Rance replacement.
Approved. Has played as much KPD at AFL level as he has Ruck and looks to be in that role permanently this season.

Apply for Lewis Young and Peter Ladhams to be granted hardship KPF status, with Curnow, Naughton, McKay, Stewart all out injured for me and Riccardi not likely to be selected early on.

The Bulldogs seemed to try playing Young up forward in the first Marsh game with Naughton and Bruce missing, and Ladhams is the next logical tall option for me ahead of Zerk-Thatcher.
Both suitable for hardship KPF status, noting that selections may change for round 1 and there is still a pre-season competition draft to come.

Last edited:
Ballarat Dragons apply for Callum Coleman-Jones to have permanent Key Forward status. Has played majority of time in this role this pre-season and played plenty of the role at VFL level last season.

I'll give coaches until Thursday to dispute my nomination if they feel the application isn't valid.

Back