I bet you in the Bigfooty swingerz 676980 league I’m Warma Turtles

Everybody beats me in rds 1&2.
I'm all about rd3 onwards.

Currently 7027th overall, looking good for top 100 :drunk:

Everybody beats me in rds 1&2.
I'm all about rd3 onwards.

Currently 7027th overall, looking good for top 100 :drunk:
Noice.

Currently ranked 2k lol. I’ve got Roy, Billings & Maddinson in preparation for next round. Have to start getting hurricane players in aswell.

CF955112-1429-4A21-B7A4-380975B630A0.jpeg
18070489-F787-46B2-8134-88ED307DC955.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up toxic. I would have left Shadab in had you not posted that :thumbsu:

This game continues to frustrate the hell out of me but somehow I'm a decent 815th overall.
Out are Shadab, the struggling McCullum and Inglis who's way too far down the batting order to be viable.
In come Head, Carey and old favourite Laughlin for the Adelaide double header.

Going straight with Head as captain. Using a loophole when you can't nominate which emergency you get can cost more than it's worth, especially when there isn't a second team with a double header in the round.

Now the only decision to settle on is which 2 of the following players should start on the field .... Peirson, Voges, Wade, Green and Sams. It's a lottery. Pierson unreliable, Voges and Wade batting too low in the order, Green looking good but not taking wickets and Sams a possible one hit wonder.

Thanks for the heads up toxic. I would have left Shadab in had you not posted that :thumbsu:

This game continues to frustrate the hell out of me but somehow I'm a decent 815th overall.
Out are Shadab, the struggling McCullum and Inglis who's way too far down the batting order to be viable.
In come Head, Carey and old favourite Laughlin for the Adelaide double header.

Going straight with Head as captain. Using a loophole when you can't nominate which emergency you get can cost more than it's worth, especially when there isn't a second team with a double header in the round.

Now the only decision to settle on is which 2 of the following players should start on the field .... Peirson, Voges, Wade, Green and Sams. It's a lottery. Pierson unreliable, Voges and Wade batting too low in the order, Green looking good but not taking wickets and Sams a possible one hit wonder.

Pierson catches and a chance (due to batting order) to make runs
Green imo, been bowling well

Pierson catches and a chance (due to batting order) to make runs
Green imo, been bowling well
Yes, I'm inclined to agree. As annoying as he was in his first couple of games Peirson looked a lot better with Lynn back in the team. Opening makes him a must I guess. Green really has looked good without taking wickets and you'd think his luck has to turn. I can see Voges and Wade not batting and Sams could do anything ... or nothing.

my team is a bit of a mess. it feels like im constantly chasing my tail.

out: S Khan, Voges, Swepson
in: R Khan, Laughlin, Head

bbl3.JPG

do i play Neser over Cartwright if he gets a game or will he bowl 2 overs, not get a bat and then get dropped for the second game?
do i try to VC loop one of my Adelaide bowlers or will it come back to bite me on the arse?
Maddinson or Peirson?

i hate this game. bring on supercoach.

my team is a bit of a mess. it feels like im constantly chasing my tail.

out: S Khan, Voges, Swepson
in: R Khan, Laughlin, Head

View attachment 447704

do i play Neser over Cartwright if he gets a game or will he bowl 2 overs, not get a bat and then get dropped for the second game?
do i try to VC loop one of my Adelaide bowlers or will it come back to bite me on the arse?
Maddinson or Peirson?

i hate this game. bring on supercoach.

Yes Neser over Cartwright

And VC if chosen means you'll get the lower bench if you played Stoins on ground (as captain)
Which imo if Maddison and Pierson is worth the risk

Yes Neser over Cartwright

And VC if chosen means you'll get the lower bench if you played Stoins on ground (as captain)
Which imo if Maddison and Pierson is worth the risk
i never thought about using the VC like that. i was concentrating on getting 2 donuts in 1 line to make it work but this way i could VC anyone.
i was also thinking of using Stoinis to loophole Neser.

too many variables, too many options :straining:

i never thought about using the VC like that. i was concentrating on getting 2 donuts in 1 line to make it work but this way i could VC anyone.
i was also thinking of using Stoinis to loophole Neser.

too many variables, too many options :straining:

Commit to something and ride the good or bad.

Fwiw i reckon 80% of solid bbl scers will captain Head straight up

Any Reason why Henriques is out?
Got him parked on the bench this week, but has the double game next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Reason why Henriques is out?
Got him parked on the bench this week, but has the double game next week.
illness. should be right to go next game i'd say.
looks like slim pickings from the Sixers. i might only have 2 or 3 doubles next round.

I don’t get it.
because you only have the one donut it means you get the lower of the 2 bench scores.
so you have to way up the risk v reward between doing this and getting 2 cracks at your captain.

in this case it would mean that i'd be stuck with Madinsons zero but if both bench players score about the same then you dont really lose anything and its worth the gamble.

im s**t at explaining things. sorry

because you only have the one donut it means you get the lower of the 2 bench scores.
so you have to way up the risk v reward between doing this and getting 2 cracks at your captain.

in this case it would mean that i'd be stuck with Madinsons zero but if both bench players score about the same then you dont really lose anything and its worth the gamble.

Strangely I'm not sure Maddisons zero counts...

Screenshot_20171229-104242.png

Reading the scoring rules etc im syill unclear if Maddisons zero will count as emergency cover

View attachment 447852

Reading the scoring rules etc im syill unclear if Maddisons zero will count as emergency cover

I think they ought to have worded it "only emergencies that score greater than 0" to make it clearer, but yes, I think the meaning is that a bench player scoring 0 will not have their score included in your total.

I think they ought to have worded it "only emergencies that score greater than 0" to make it clearer, but yes, I think the meaning is that a bench player scoring 0 will not have their score included in your total.

I have Maddison and Pierson on the bench covering Luke Wright.
My hope is I'll get Piersons score rather than Maddisons zero (which my gut says the system wont recognize)

I have Maddison and Pierson on the bench covering Luke Wright.
My hope is I'll get Piersons score rather than Maddisons zero (which my gut says the system wont recognize)
after reading that im 99% certain you wont get Maddinsons score...either that or its horribly written but i guess we'll have a definitive answer soon enough.
i wonder if the same applies to on field donuts?

i ended up fielding Cartwright ahead of both them by the way and didnt bother using any loopholes. keeping it simple.

after reading that im 99% certain you wont get Maddinsons score...either that or its horribly written but i guess we'll have a definitive answer soon enough.
i wonder if the same applies to on field donuts?

i ended up fielding Cartwright ahead of both them by the way and didnt bother using any loopholes. keeping it simple.

My gut says yes, on field donuts would be replaced by lowest scoring emergency.
Seems a quirk byt we'll know in 3 days

just to be clear i meant playing on field donuts.
like if i started Maddinson would i get and emergency score?

I think you gets Maddisons zero. But I'm not convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.