News KFC new joint major partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Kentucky Fried Hawk now too:

I was told before Christmas this was going to happen. KFC want a bigger presence in AFL and as McDonald's are an AFL sponsor and the endorsed fast food/family restaurant, so only way in is via the clubs.

Interesting that they end up choosing 2 clubs that have branded themselves as the family club for decades, and don't have an AFLW team.

I reckon the KFC Hawks sponsorship is like our Macca’s deal a couple of years ago. If we won on the weekend we could all get a junior cheeseburger on the next Monday morning. No names/logos on kit, etc.

I was told before Christmas this was going to happen. KFC want a bigger presence in AFL and as McDonald's are an AFL sponsor and the endorsed fast food/family restaurant, so only way in is via the clubs.

Interesting that they end up choosing 2 clubs that have branded themselves as the family club for decades, and don't have an AFLW team.

Maybe because there's no eyes on AFLW it really doesn't come into it at the end of the day. I don't mind if they sponsor another team, if we are as good as we say we are then we will deliver way better value for money and come out first if they ever need to pull the pin on one of us. It makes sense for them to go after a Vic team to cover both markets, they'd have done WA too I would think if it weren't for those two clubs already being snapped up by competitors.

yKYl3ws.png

hahahahahahaha absolute disgrace. The Kentucky Fried Magpies playing out of Marvel Stadium because they cannot even get 20,000 to the MCG. what happened to Collingwood?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a bit of a sad indictment of our current society that all new major sponsors seem to be junk food related
Used to be cigarettes and alcohol.

The biggest indictment is the gambling sponsorships, particularly of professional sporting clubs, the conflicts of interest are ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back