Competitions Kick for Covid Cup!!! (Lions goalkicking comp)

Who will kick a goal this week

• Ryan Lester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harris Andrews

• Darcy Gardiner

• Grant Birchall

• Callum Ah Chee

• Mitch Robinson

• Jarrod Berry

• Zac Bailey

• Jarryd Lyons

• Lachie Neale

• Stefan Martin

• Thomas Berry

• Brandon Starcevich

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well finally we're back for 2020. After 3 weeks of my brain wandering around like Steele Sidebottom after a "couple" of drinks, I finally got around to remembering that this was a thing. The fact that no one has demanded its return is completely inconsequential, so here it is, in case you needed another reason to sit down on the weekend and fume over Dan Mcstays latest set shot from 30 out on a 15 degree angle, and kikcing yourself once again for stupidly thinking "I'll pick him in the goalkicking cup this week, this is the time the gamble will pay off" (take 3 for me).

Yes its round 5 not round 1 and yes its a result of me being both incredibly busy and equally slack. However even with only 13 rounds to go, given the history of this comp and the most recent example of our goal kicking accuracy, we should still be on for at least 2 iterations of this before the season draws to a close.

in case you're new and haven't seen this before below are the rules. Have a read over and make your pick and good luck with the thought "surely Lachie can't miss every shot on goal two weeks in a row" rolling round your head for the next 28 hours

Rules

Basic plot: You have to pick a Lions goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread by voting in the poll. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. You can only pick a player once during the comp, if you select the same person twice you will be eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Tiebreaker: As the competition goes on I will count your goals. Eg if you pick Hipwood this week and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point. If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then each of them will get 1 point if they got the highest goal kicker for that round. If we're still tied after then the winner will be determined by undergoing the Jack Redden challenge, where a ball will be kicked into your nether regions with the first one to kneel the loser.

Well that was an easy one, unless of course you're one of 4 people who put their faith in the berry brothers, who let you down, at least in a goal kicking sense. Geez this playing on thursday night really stuffs up my timetable. Apologies for the lack of time, but hey you're going to log on here to talk about staff before tonight anyway.

If you're in Green you're still in, if you're white you're out. Of course i could have left you off the list completely, but hey who doesn't like to see the names of who the've crushed in sweet sweet victory.

1594263701300.png

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
But for a late 50m penalty in the last 45 seconds of the game I was a goner. Thankfully Lachie converted and kept me in the comp after round one for the first time since 2018.

Given barely anyone got knocked out I'm going left field again with Oscar.

Looking at the votes I'm now hoping for Oscar kicking 13.0 or something, kicking all our goals, and outscoring Geelong on his own. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back