Kicking Backwards, Do you want it to be play on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lamaro_1998

Senior List
Suspended
Feb 16, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Personally I would hate to see this rule brought in

We already have that stupid hands in the back rule

Imagine your Team is leading in a Grand Final or Any important game

Your team is in front by 3 points with under a minute to play.

Would you like that kicking backwards rule then? :confused:

This rule is working well in the VFL and has been trialled successfully. Unlike a certain hands in the back interpretation that wasn't trialled.

play on if your in your defensive 50 has some merit, but at the end of the day if your manning up it wouldn't happen.

DEFINITELY NOT...no rule change is required.

THIS DESIRE TO INTRODUCE THIS RULE STRIKES AT THE VERY ESSENCE OF AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL - THE ABILITY TO MOVE THE BALL ANYWAY YOU WANT AND IN ANY DIRECTION.

Kicking backwards can also add to the excitement of a game - remember the 2005 grand final when Ablett kicked back to the goalsquare and it was intercepted by Cousins... that was a great grand final moment.

Take the good with the bad and stop changing things. the game is great.

the rule is fine...

Fans get pissed when the opposition kicks it around when 7 points up time on the last quarter.

if you don't want the opposition kicking backwards then man them up - it's pretty simple really...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kicking backwards in the defensive 50 should be play on, you watch the protractors come out trying to judge forward movement. It will keep the game attacking to the end if the game is close and not an anticlimax which so many close games have become.

i've got no problem with it actually. Most people objecting simply don't want to see any form of rule changes in any form but i think this one has real potential.

why do people think the team with the ball has some moral obligation for it to give the other team a chance to get it back??

The team with the ball really has the right to do with what they want?? They got it in the first place didnt they??

There are many stratagies a team without the ball can use to get it back...we dont need another urle that gives the team without the ball an easier path to getting it.

why do people think the team with the ball has some moral obligation for it to give the other team a chance to get it back??

The team with the ball really has the right to do with what they want?? They got it in the first place didnt they??

There are many stratagies a team without the ball can use to get it back...we dont need another urle that gives the team without the ball an easier path to getting it.

Why not, it creates more interrest

Why not, it creates more interrest

Doesnt answer the question though...the team with the ball owes the team without it NOTHING in my view

why should a rule be bought in to give the team without the ball some advantge in getting it back......thats bias towards the team without the ball......and as far as I'm concerned thats wrong and defeats the spirit of the game.....

kicking backwards in the defensive 50 should be play on, you watch the protractors come out trying to judge forward movement. It will keep the game attacking to the end if the game is close and not an anticlimax which so many close games have become.

Sydney and West Coast have featured in a multitude of close and important games recently (more than my heart can handle!), and even without the rule they're had exciting and tense ends, with the chasing team having attacking oppurtunities in the final minutes or so.

Rule not needed - if you man up very few players have the composure to chip it around to leads to run the clock down. The instinct is to go long.

Sydney and West Coast have featured in a multitude of close and important games recently (more than my heart can handle!), and even without the rule they're had exciting and tense ends, with the chasing team having attacking oppurtunities in the final minutes or so.

Rule not needed - if you man up very few players have the composure to chip it around to leads to run the clock down. The instinct is to go long.

not every team plays with their initiative.

yep no ned to change it..why should less skillful teams get a rule that makes it easier to get the ball back!! thats wrong!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back