Melbourne
Slowly climbing the charts.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Kick Behinds

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just a quick update, I am using Easter Monday to try to publish to Android which with the software I use is far more complicated than iOS publishing.

This is uncharted territory for me so I am unsure if it will work and if it does how well it run, but I'm giving it a shot.

skill1414

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good news, Kicking Behinds is now available for Android on Google Play!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.final.kickingbehinds.www
If anyone has any issues with Android version please let me know.

Game looks good.
I bought it on android but I'm having some performance issues.
In tutorial mode it runs smoothly but in a match it gets really sluggish and unresponsive.
Is there any sound/audio? because I can't hear any.
Playing on a Samsung Galaxy s6

Kick Behinds

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Game looks good.
I bought it on android but I'm having some performance issues.
In tutorial mode it runs smoothly but in a match it gets really sluggish and unresponsive.
Is there any sound/audio? because I can't hear any.
Playing on a Samsung Galaxy s6

No sound or audio.

Thanks for the feedback, because I wasn't able to test on Android this was always a risk.

Feel free to do a refund if still an issue, I may have to pull it from Google Play if still causing problems.

Kick Behinds

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sadly, due to performance issues I have decided to pull Kicking Behinds from Google Play.

With so many different Android devices I simply cannot guarantee that the game will perform as well as I would like, therefore it will only be available on iOS devices.

skill1414

Team Captain
Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sadly, due to performance issues I have decided to pull Kicking Behinds from Google Play.

With so many different Android devices I simply cannot guarantee that the game will perform as well as I would like, therefore it will only be available on iOS devices.

That's a shame. I hope you didn't pull it solely on my feedback. It could be just my phone model having issues. It's not unplayable by any means. I would be happy to help test the game to sort out performance issues

Kick Behinds

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's a shame. I hope you didn't pull it solely on my feedback. It could be just my phone model having issues. It's not unplayable by any means. I would be happy to help test the game to sort out performance issues

No, I only had about eight downloads but a few people had the same issue so that was enough for me to pull it.

The challenge with Android is that there are so many different devices out there that getting it to perform well on all of them is almost impossible. Especially because this game was made the whole time with iOS in mind. I just don't know if I could even make it perform well on Android without making the whole thing again, and even so that wouldn't guarantee anything.

Does it work?
Not gonna lie, I gave up like 4 goals (after doing the tutorial) in because it was too hard :p

But yes, it worked with no issues. I'll give it another crack today when I have time and see how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kick Behinds

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not gonna lie, I gave up like 4 goals (after doing the tutorial) in because it was too hard :p

But yes, it worked with no issues. I'll give it another crack today when I have time and see how it goes.

It's a steep learning curve, but once you get used to it things get easier.

Kick Behinds

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I guess I'll never get to play it. :(

I need to look into it, but if there's a way I can release it to selective people on Android I will do that and if it doesn't work you can get a refund.

I just don't want it out in the broader market if it is going to cause issues for some people and not work properly.

I need to look into it, but if there's a way I can release it to selective people on Android I will do that and if it doesn't work you can get a refund.

I just don't want it out in the broader market if it is going to cause issues for some people and not work properly.
Oh rightio. Do you have an apk for it or something? That gets around the Play Store. I don't mind spotting you to the purchase price via paypal or something.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems to work alright on my S7, pretty happy I jumped on as one of those 8 downloads when it was still available. Shame it didn't quite work out, but you clearly put a ton of work into it and just want the product to represent the effort, I can respect it.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Kicked a goal in my 2nd game after going scoreless in my 1st. You get punished for mistakes! Good fun so far, runs really smoothly on my S7 edge.

Back