Kicking Behinds - iOS and Android Footy Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Kick Behinds

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kicking Behinds is now available on iOS and Android for download.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/kicking-behinds/id1217005463?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.final.kickingbehinds.www&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.final.kickingbehinds.www&hl=en

Kicking Behinds Goal Posts Big 2.png

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg

For the past three years in my spare time I've been working on an Australian Rules football game for mobile devices, called Kicking Behinds.

It's a simple seven-a-side game with two-buttons, a joystick, simple graphics, but is extremely addictive and hopefully a lot of fun.

I have spent a lot of time refining the gameplay and AI, hopefully this is evident in the final product.

I have set up various social media pages which have some images and gameplay footage, more content will be added in the coming weeks, details are below.

www.facebook.com/KickingBehinds
www.twitter.com/KickingBehinds
www.instagram.com/kickingbehinds

I will also be updating this thread with any updates and I will endeavour to answer any questions people may have.

Last edited:
A couple questions.
1. What font are you using?
2. Would you like me to design some menu concepts? I will provide them free of charge.

The font I made myself, each little square as actually its own sprite because I couldn't find a font I liked.

Thank you for the offer for the menus but I'm pretty comfortable with what I have planned, however if I am having trouble I will certainly take you up on this.

View attachment 316134

For the past three years in my spare time I've been working on an Australian Rules football game for mobile devices, called Kicking Behinds.

It's a simple seven-a-side game with two-buttons, a joystick, simple graphics, but is extremely addictive and hopefully a lot of fun.

I will be launching the game in February, 2017 and at this stage it is very close to being finished, just sorting out menus and a few aesthetics. I have spent a lot of time refining the gameplay and AI, hopefully this is evident in the final product.

I have set up various social media pages which have some images and gameplay footage, more content will be added in the coming weeks, details are below.

www.facebook.com/KickingBehinds
www.twitter.com/KickingBehinds
www.instagram.com/kickingbehinds

I will also be updating this thread with any updates and I will endeavour to answer any questions people may have.
Looking forward to seeing it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless I am blind, the very first score is a behind.

Edit: Just rewatched on my PC rather than phone. Shadow completely through me off, carry on. :thumbsu:

Trying to get clear footage is a bit of a pain, the hardest part is not getting my ugly mug in the reflection.

Trying to get clear footage is a bit of a pain, the hardest part is not getting my ugly mug in the reflection.
The footage is very clear on PC, just on phone the shadows of the goal posts completely threw me.

The footage is very clear on PC, just on phone the shadows of the goal posts completely threw me.

Interestingly, developing the scoring system was one of the most difficult parts of the game.

I had to re-code it many times to get it to where it is now.

Interestingly, developing the scoring system was one of the most difficult parts of the game.

I had to re-code it many times to get it to where it is now.
What made it so difficult? As in getting the game to do the maths right or trying to figure out when it should be 6 points or when it should be 1 point?

What made it so difficult? As in getting the game to do the maths right or trying to figure out when it should be 6 points or when it should be 1 point?

Just the fact that you have the added complication of the ball hitting the posts, it's a bit hard to explain but deciding what constitutes a goal and what is a behind or out of bounds was surprisingly difficult to do do in an efficient way.

Just the fact that you have the added complication of the ball hitting the posts, it's a bit hard to explain but deciding what constitutes a goal and what is a behind or out of bounds was surprisingly difficult to do do in an efficient way.
Love these kind of insights. Makes it all worth reading in here!

Love these kind of insights. Makes it all worth reading in here!

Glad to hear it, I'll try and provide some more insights where I can.

This has been a hobby for over three years, so quite lot has happened in that time and I am still very much learning new things.

Just a quick update, I still plan on launching Kicking Behinds in February despite finding a few gremlins in the system I think I am on top of them now.

I also plan on having 18 teams to choose from, each team will have the colours of other teams that you may or may not be familiar with, and each will have their own strengths and weaknesses of other teams that you may or may not be familiar with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back