Kicking out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. It's a kick isn't it?

The point of counting stats is to count them, all of them. We don't disqualify other kicks around the ground that aren't earned - you get a kick for out on the full, or for a center bounce or 6/6/6 infringement, etc. We also don't disqualify other kicks if they aren't 'real' - like if a team is chipping the ball around or someone kicks after the siren from 80 out and doesn't make the distance, etc.

It was always a weird thing in footy that you had guys who could have tremendous impact with their kick-ins (Shannon Hurn was one that stood out) who got no stats for it at all.

It is counted as a kick which is a disposal.

It is correctly not counted as a possession.

A possession and disposal are not the same thing.

People dont know enough about stats.
Yeah that’s a fair call, and I am aware of the difference.

But, when it comes to comparing players, quite often disposal is the ‘go to’.

I agree with Kane Cornes (🤦‍♂️) on this one

Should playing on from fullback count as a stat? Pretty simple I think definitely not.
Given your posting history, I assume this is a Nick Daicos thing. I’m sure he’d be devastated to have his stats go down from 42-40 to 37-37 over the past 2 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that’s a fair call, and I am aware of the difference.

But, when it comes to comparing players, quite often disposal is the ‘go to’.
What about comparing players who are best at setting up attacks from kick-ins?

Should the bloke getting the "cheap" 15m kick from the kick out get their mark and kick awarded?

What about comparing players who are best at setting up attacks from kick-ins?

Should the bloke getting the "cheap" 15m kick from the kick out get their mark and kick awarded?

I guess it comes down to how you are using the stats also. When the same old media people role off stats as their only point of reference it’s frustrating. One player could be playing against an inaccurate team one week and he’s 15 touches up and 800 meters gained.

I guess it comes down to how you are using the stats also. When the same old media people role off stats as their only point of reference it’s frustrating. One player could be playing against an inaccurate team one week and he’s 15 touches up and 800 meters gained.
Any players have 15 kick outs in a game so far this year?

N.Daicos had 40 and kicked 2 goals today, take off his 3 kick ins if you want and he had 37 and kicked 2 goals today.

And if you have a bloke like Daicos or Hurn who hit a player 60m away from goal, it is going a long way to set up your teams attack.

If kicking the ball out from inside the goal square doesnt count, then stepping out of the goal square to kick shouldnt count either.

It makes no sense that stepping over a line determines whether you get a disposal or not.
I don’t think many will be losing sleep over it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back