Kicking skills

Remove this Banner Ad

This has improved 10 fold since three years ago. Being at the gametoday, the boys kicking skills were sublime. Not gloating after a win at all. But some key areas have certainly improved as they were promised.
Ellis is one who delivers the ball nicely.
Vlas is already good at it.
Go Tiges.

Our kicking skills were better against Port Adelaide than they were last week against Geelong. We need to have good foot skills because we can't run all the time which our game plan involves a lot of, hitting targets allows us to use ball the effectively without using as much energy.

They were good today, I think Hardwick has placed a lot of importance on it. Martin is sooo good love watching him with ball.

Didn't think we kicked that well against geel or coll though.

They were good today, I think Hardwick has placed a lot of importance on it. Martin is sooo good love watching him with ball.

Didn't think we kicked that well against geel or coll though.

Has a lot to do with the pressure applied on the player in possession by the opposition. We are decent kicks, but when under the pump we still tend to rush and make mistakes...

Has a lot to do with the pressure applied on the player in possession by the opposition. We are decent kicks, but when under the pump we still tend to rush and make mistakes...

Yeah so that's why I think it has to be put in perspective. Yes we kicked well, but Port a very average side and didn't put too much pressure on the ball carrier today.

This has improved 10 fold since three years ago. Being at the gametoday, the boys kicking skills were sublime. Not gloating after a win at all. But some key areas have certainly improved as they were promised.
Go Tiges.
Kicking effic 78% yesterday tugg, good observation

We have steadily imporved at this stage i had us at 4-3 anyway, and i predicted finals, next week we need % so all is good by the way the drums are beating up here in png and we all sang the song yesterday

Not to be negative Tuggs, but it appears to me that our skill level now is good enough to torch the lower teams, but, it's still lacking composure against the top 6 teams. We had a really solid game plan yesterday and executed it very well. The switching of the ball and the way we held it up when we had too was something I haven't seen for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed the decision to kick rather than run and carry. Was it a strategy for Port Adelaide?
Haven't seen vision yet - listened on the radio. But my guess is that they were trying to avoid the fade-outs by alternating between the frantic running game that gets us goals and a slower kicking game that allows the players to recuperate while defending a lead. I'd be interested if those who were at the game noticed this.

Go Tiges.

200 gamers. :thumbsu:

Loved the big O's contribution too.

Nice win by the boys yesterday. :)

Excellent kicking skills yesterday by Richmond. Our kicking skills were not so good, on those rare occasions when we got the ball or had time to kick.

On the day a class above.

Definately focused on alot during the week and good to see it improve yesterday.
hope we can do it vs better opposition.

Much better by foot these days and yesterday was a prime example. As others have stated, the next step is the executing similar skill levels when the pressure is much higher.

The thing for me is that at least these days we can actually kick the football, whereas in previous years we could not hit a target when there was no pressure, so we were completely cooked against the good teams.

cheers,

I think we went at 79% efficiency by foot, which is far higher than the comp average.
We have to work on dealing with "perceived pressure" and our composure, which basically go hand in hand, against the better teams.
Thought we moved the ball more like last year and took the game on early.

It is/was definately better but under pressure we wilt a little(like every one else mind you) but i think we need to a little better aiming our kicks ie to the space the leading player is going to instead of right at the player forcing him to slow down which can let the opponent in for the spoil. We especially do this kicking to our fwds.

This goes back to Dimmas first season as coach.... our kicking was terrible but we were still trying to kick to difficult option and trying to be creative with our kicking.... I could see what we were trying to do back then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back