Kickstarters!

Remove this Banner Ad

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Very close to pledging for this to get the original as well. Then I watched a 'how to play' of the original and it seems way beyond my level at the moment, as much as it looks really cool. Might still get it.
It’ll go to retail, you’d just miss the exclusives, but even those with Red Raven games they put them on their store later. They aren’t like some Kickstarter / Gamefound where if you don’t get them at the time you’ll have to cough up more to get second hand later.

If you haven’t played any Red Raven games I’d recommend Above and Below as a good starting one to get their general style, to see if you like. It’s not a campaign (also competitive), so not as much to worry about tracking.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A few to add. Wife has backed Tiny Epic Vikings. Latest Tiny Epic game. We enjoyed Tiny Epic Pirates, our first Tiny Epic backed and the North Sea (Viking) games, so should be a winner.

A couple I've backed at $1 pledges for now, but will do fully later in pledge managers.

Dark Quarter, a fantasy / horror / detective game set in New Orleans, but magic and monsters of the area are 'real'. A campaign type game.

c74268ed173d29f8e42157d7af456ac7_original.png

The other one will be going fully in on is Waste Knights. How could I not? Dystopian post-apocalyptic Australia. The Kickstarter was an expansion to the existing game, but didn't have that so getting base + expansion.

24982941eedbfd85bab3e8047607f31b_original.jpg

HairyO

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anyone still do Kickstarters?

I did one and its $90 for the game and $60 for shipping. My last KS until shipping costs fall.

Basically its Amazon or nothing now.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does anyone still do Kickstarters?

I did one and its $90 for the game and $60 for shipping. My last KS until shipping costs fall.

Basically its Amazon or nothing now.
Still do them (and Gamefound). Most of my games the last 2 - 3 years have been Kickstarters. I like both bigger games (multiple expansions / lots of mini's) and games which aren't just less than subtle variations on a theme already flogged to death. Retail by it's nature is more risk adverse as to what they stock / what established game companies produce.

Have you looked at pricing for any games at the moment though? Even retail at game stores are nuts due to shipping and material costs. It's reduced the number of games wife and I are getting across any means (Kickstarter / Gamefound or Retail). Pricing due to anything that ships though is way up though. I don't see that changing anytime soon unfortunately.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wife has backed Moon (deluxe version) the sort of sequel to Streets and Villagers. To go with that got in our first game of Villagers tonight.

1657713331235.png

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Wife has backed Moon (deluxe version) the sort of sequel to Streets and Villagers. To go with that got in our first game of Villagers tonight.

View attachment 1446203
Also backed this to round out the trilogy of games. It looks to be the full. implementation of the two key mechanics in Streets and Villagers. Excited for it.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Also backed this to round out the trilogy of games. It looks to be the full. implementation of the two key mechanics in Streets and Villagers. Excited for it.
We didn't have Streets, but have picked it up as one of the add-on's for this.

Remove this Banner Ad