Kickstarters!

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The wife has backed (though it all amounts to the same since except for credit cards all accounts are joint) Flourish as we both are Everdell fans and this is the same publisher. Makes a nice change to be dropping less than $100 on a Kickstarter (including shipping), with only the one edition offered.

0103c790a92281a6234d408aec6cde5b_original.png

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here's a question for others looking at games to back on Kickstarter. Do you ever look at games and go 'Yeah, that game looks ok, but I can't afford to go all in and get all the expansions (or a premium edition) so I'll pass on this one, even though the base game looks good'?

I've had a few that I've gone the above route. I don't care about getting all the upgraded mats or coins etc. always, but I tend to go if I can't afford a premium edition and all expansions then I'll pass. I guess I'd rather fewer complete and all in games, then more games, but not as all in on them.

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Generally end up going all in, that seems to be the way to maximise the benefit of KS over retail. Some of it is driven by FOMO which I have to stop worrying about.

Back two recently:
Dice Command and Dungeon Fighter.

Here's a question for others looking at games to back on Kickstarter. Do you ever look at games and go 'Yeah, that game looks ok, but I can't afford to go all in and get all the expansions (or a premium edition) so I'll pass on this one, even though the base game looks good'?

I've had a few that I've gone the above route. I don't care about getting all the upgraded mats or coins etc. always, but I tend to go if I can't afford a premium edition and all expansions then I'll pass. I guess I'd rather fewer complete and all in games, then more games, but not as all in on them.
We have so many unplayed games or games we play once that I just don’t really go in for expensive expansions.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We have so many unplayed games or games we play once that I just don’t really go in for expensive expansions.
That's a whole other topic, of how many times you actually play the games bought! With various favourites that we like to do regularly, some games (even though we like them), have only had 1 or 2 goes at despite owning now for years.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well next years birthday present taken care of (ignoring that's not until September). Have gotten in on Frostpunk in the last few hours. Based on the computer game (haven't played, but heard good things about). The Generator at the centre of it all lured me in. Have gone in for the All In Gamer pledge level ($280 before shipping), as the only one above it is a Poster and a random sculpt not needed. With so many card games and worker placement games out and new ones released these days, the ones with a twist, like this has, are the ones that catch my eye as the one's to spend the limited funds on.

a35d814ef0242141ebd564f357a524b7_original.jpg

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
Well next years birthday present taken care of (ignoring that's not until September). Have gotten in on Frostpunk in the last few hours. Based on the computer game (haven't played, but heard good things about). The Generator at the centre of it all lured me in. Have gone in for the All In Gamer pledge level ($280 before shipping), as the only one above it is a Poster and a random sculpt not needed. With so many card games and worker placement games out and new ones released these days, the ones with a twist, like this has, are the ones that catch my eye as the one's to spend the limited funds on.

a35d814ef0242141ebd564f357a524b7_original.jpg

Yeah, had a good think about this one. Decided to pass as I got the feeling it’s going to be more a solo game with the ‘coop’ weak.

On the flip side, my Etherfields pledge is on the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ooh, realised I forgot to update backed The Thing. A fan of the movie, so couldn't pass this up (there needs to be a new Escape from New York board game IMO. There was a TSR one done in 1981, but what a board game was then, compared to what they can do now is worlds apart).

You can end up infected with the alien, so there's the hidden traitor mechanic, of needing people to help each other to escape, but you can't be sure why everyone wants to escape. If you're infected then you can try to escape incognito or reveal yourself and try to assimilate the rest.

205897fc5b3879fb0cd8446b6882b05d_original.jpg

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Planning to back in the next day or two Spectre and Vox. An Escape Room at home. Not a board game, but an actual house to explore / solve puzzles in. A good sized one (so shipping to Australia is a bitch). Made by people in the UK who have designed and built actual Escape Rooms (well rated ones), so looks top quality.

eebfd9e2adf7f6c330112af77862a50c_original.png

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Planning to back in the next day or two Spectre and Vox. An Escape Room at home. Not a board game, but an actual house to explore / solve puzzles in. A good sized one (so shipping to Australia is a b*tch). Made by people in the UK who have designed and built actual Escape Rooms (well rated ones), so looks top quality.

eebfd9e2adf7f6c330112af77862a50c_original.png
Looks interesting, I will check it out.

Thinking of backing the new Core Space deal.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks interesting, I will check it out.

Thinking of backing the new Core Space deal.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Yeah, Core Space looks interesting, but for me will pass as already have too many Legacy / Campaign / Exploration games either already here or on order via Kickstarter :oops: After Spectre and Vox I need to get off Kickstarter for a few months, except keeping an eye out for the Deep Madness 3rd printing. Wife was saying last night we have a problem with buying board games of late and we enable each other. I can't deny it.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Haha, yes, had a similar discussion with my non gaming wife. It raised it’s head when I confessed we will need more shelving in the new game room. I ended up backing Core Space and will also back Awaken Realms ISS Vanguard but I’m going to put a handbrake on new projects after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SonOfScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2002
Bay 18 L3
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bruins, Ice, Aces
Backed a small game called 'Kabuto Sumo.' Disc pushing, dexterity game. Also grabbed Dungeon Fighter.

Got a heap on the way between now and March next year so that's probably a good time to slow down too 😃

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The wife has backed Creature Comforts, as her birthday present for next year (like me getting in more than a year in advance :think: ). A cute family friendly worker placement game. She tends to be the one's backing more towards the more friendly / cute games end of the spectrum, whilst I'm the one getting the dystopian / horror one's (Dawn of Madness, Frosthaven etc.). So we cover the full range between us :D Once again I'll state how awesome it is to have a fellow board game nut as a spouse.

25bc54de2966bf43f68178692e35efbd_original.jpg

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I ended up backing Core Space Firstborn and have also gone in on ISS Vanguard (Gamefound). Putting the handbrake on now in terms of backing new games. I've got plenty of pledges still to arrive, so time to play what I've got/getting before adding more.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have backed Castles of Mad King Ludwig Collectors Edition. Have a normal edition, but not the two earlier expansions. This has those two expansions, plus two new ones, plus a large pieces version and a few other new bits.

New artwork, which is good, as the original was pretty meh.

Edit: Will add the proper storage trays included also is a selling point of it. So many games you just can't pack back properly after opening, in an organised manner without great difficulty.

f0ae8a4fa890e182cfd0e1c1b9c86f28_original.png

And the Colossal version getting.

bfea5412c14d583b635e01fba19b2504_original.png

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have backed Paladins of the West Kingdom : City of Crowns expansion, at the level to get the Collectors box. This one I said to the wife I've got 9 backed Kickstarters yet to arrive, whilst she's only got 4, so she can put this one on her Kickstarter account to even it up a bit. :tearsofjoy: Next one will be the new Everdell expansions launching in a few days.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The last of the Everdell expansions went live today. Newleaf and Mistwood. As we have the Collectors versions of previous one's, we've gone for the new expansions, plus the big storage box pledge, that fits all expansions in nice storage areas. Also grabbing the art book, plus the Deluxe Vessel storage, so all the resources aren't just scattered across the table.

801c31877a8c341920fedac0ee9f4039_original.png

12500bd00d3e9aa0ed0eb112ee8e320c_original.png

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Backing in the last day (as was planning to), My Father's Work. You're competing members of a family of Mad Scientist's across 3 generations. Do your experiments without arousing too much suspicion from the locals. A Kickstarter exclusive one.

FTW.gif

Next one thinking about backing is Mosaic - A story of Civilisation. Not finishing for almost a month, so will leave it until closer to the end date, before running the sales pitch by the wife, if do decide it's worth it (nothing else comes up more appealing in the interim). :p

Back