Food, Drink & Dining Out Kids these days

Remove this Banner Ad

You only have to look at football from previous decades to see how much taller men have become in general, ruckmen back in the 60s were the height of some of the midfielders today.

How’s she doing so far?

She's pregnant so she will probably be taking maternity leave soon which is something you don't expect for a PM.

yes your sample of one outweighs 100 years of statistical trends.
Enjoy dying young. Chicks don’t respect you just because you’re tall, no matter what Stratton Gun says. Shouldn’t you be taping over your webcam or something? Ffs

p1: people are taller than their parents
p2: food is becoming more plentiful
c1: future generations won't continue this trend in 20 years
Over the last 150 years the average height in industrialised nations has gone up by 10cms but seems to have leveled off.

Btw the average male height in the US is still not 6 feet.

We aren't turning into a race of giants. Go out in public and look around.

Sure a lot of athletes are bigger and faster than they were 20 years ago but your average person in the street is getting heavier not taller these days

I think I've lost the ability to identify teens. I either see them as kids or college age young adults. I'm rarely in teen-dominant environments, they just don't really pop up on my radar anymore. It's like fate guides us to walk down different sides of the street, or get out and about at different times of the day. I guess an age group I've developed an ambivalence to over the years, to the point of mystery.

I would probably need a police lineup of various age groups to help identify them, otherwise wouldn't know them from a bar of soap.

would be good if you provided some actual evidence for your claims
You could do some actual research instead of believing every conspiracy you find on YouTube as well you know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only have to look at football from previous decades to see how much taller men have become in general, ruckmen back in the 60s were the height of some of the midfielders today.

Not only were the players less good back then but player development was pathetic compared to now (less time and money). Tall athletic teenagers are channeled into the AFL system today.

Hold onto your horses mate, we've got to convince the boomers to f*** off first and that's proving easier said than done.

Don't worry mate they will die off eventually

This is actually a problem affecting people's lifetime earnings. Baby boombers aren't retiring/dying fast enough so their younger colleagues can't take higher positions.

Yeah they listen to s**t music and are too easily offended. They also struggle to engage in topics of conversation where a viewpoint contrary to their own requires consideration.

Of course I'm generalising. That's what this thread is about, I'd hope nobody gets to worked up about it! Some positive generalisations is that I think they genuinely are more socially responsible, they walk the talk of the previous generations here. (Environment, etc). They are less racist. I like that they dress well, I loved the nineties but * me the photos are embarrassing.

The social media / lack of "general social skills" is one I'm not sure of. I don't know enough about it but some of the things you hear are worrying. Online bullying on the one hand is very worrying, in that you can't get away from it. But it's the enabling of narcissism that is the worst, * me these folks will crash hard when they realise the big wide world doesn't care about them. Mental illness is rampant now? Just you wait.

More than ever, young people need to learn the value of fewer, meaningful relationships, over pithy social rankings. Be special to special people in your life. Don't give a * what the masses think cos they don't give a * about you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back