Kids who play junior footy

Remove this Banner Ad

It really does ruin it for the rest of us. I have also noticed that the kids hearing the aggressive language pick up on it and lift their aggressive game as well.

My 10yo #15 in blue plays up in 11s and was targeted off the ball all game. Fast forward to 2:09 that kid was doing that to him off the ball all the time. Wouldn't a coach tell him to stop that??

Then he (#10 in this game) played 12s with his brother (#11) against a much bigger team haha

Yeh that's crap that wasn't a Sheppard either that was flat out targeting the kid. It looks like he was instructed to do so too. Kids generally don't go out and just do that themselves.
We are really lucky we have a great bunch of parents and great coaches.
If any of our kids go outside the rules or even do something that's not good sportsmanship our coach will drag them off the ground.

It absolutely does rub off on the kids. Parents carry on and the kids that its to do it onfield. I don't really blame the kids for that.

Worst bit of the weekend was a dad from the opposition in the canteen line telling his kid basically how s**t he was. Just really really poor all round from that club Sunday.

Yeh that's crap that wasn't a Sheppard either that was flat out targeting the kid. It looks like he was instructed to do so too. Kids generally don't go out and just do that themselves.
We are really lucky we have a great bunch of parents and great coaches.
If any of our kids go outside the rules or even do something that's not good sportsmanship our coach will drag them off the ground.
Yeah it was one of my concerns playing him up as a goodish player. But he's biggish for 10 and his temperament is to take no crap so hasn't been a problem so far.

It absolutely does rub off on the kids. Parents carry on and the kids that its to do it onfield. I don't really blame the kids for that.

Worst bit of the weekend was a dad from the opposition in the canteen line telling his kid basically how s**t he was. Just really really poor all round from that club Sunday.
That is so sad to hear, some dads need to realise that kids develop at different times and telling ur kid/player they're crap might just be the catalyst for them quitting the sport and if they played for 4-5 more year they might develop into a gun player. Or why can't they just be an average player who loves playing with their mates and being happy and healthy.

2CF08158-FD1C-4927-82BF-EDB237D76B8E.jpeg F0970A05-1F70-47D5-AE73-9D1194473DFC.jpeg Hey guys

No luck for junior HB and the team yesterday. Lost by 10 points but have another chance.
Junior HB played well.
A couple more pics

Attachments

• 48FF4D29-4797-4065-83E9-736A76BCB3C5.jpeg
    48FF4D29-4797-4065-83E9-736A76BCB3C5.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 42
View attachment 1463312View attachment 1463311Hey guys

No luck for junior HB and the team yesterday. Lost by 10 points but have another chance.
Junior HB played well.
A couple more pics
That's fantastic!!! Quadzilla for his age.

U11s lost by 5 points and U12s lost by 6. No finals in 11s but 12s have to win their last game on Sunday to qualify for finals -pressure!!!! haha

Toes jnr’s team knocked off the 3rd placed team by 12 points. Considering they were upgraded to gold division halfway through the season they’ve done well to only lose twice, to the top two teams. Last round this coming weekend followed by a lightning premiership the following week to close off the season.

Toes jnr’s team knocked off the 3rd placed team by 12 points. Considering they were upgraded to gold division halfway through the season they’ve done well to only lose twice, to the top two teams. Last round this coming weekend followed by a lightning premiership the following week to close off the season.
Fantastic result!!!! We just lucky our young ones are getting a game and loving their footy!!

10yo played his 2nd last game of 11s. 10 & 12yo played final game of season for 12s. Lose = season over / win = finals this coming Sunday. They got the win!!!!

You beauty That's excellent !! Congratulations !

Junior HB played his Prelim Sunday and got up by 7 points so we are into the GF this Sunday

This is the boy at the final siren. Poor quality but i was far away but you get the gist of it lol

lucas.jpg

You beauty That's excellent !! Congratulations !

Junior HB played his Prelim Sunday and got up by 7 points so we are into the GF this Sunday

This is the boy at the final siren. Poor quality but i was far away but you get the gist of it lol

View attachment 1470932
7 pt win in a prelim has gotta feel good!!! Enjoy that feeling Quadzilla!!!!

A nervous pre-GF week looms haha Gotta let us know how he went!!

The team at the top of our table is undefeated with 500% to our 113% and they've pumped us twice. A finals win on Sunday would be reward for effort though!

7 pt win in a prelim has gotta feel good!!! Enjoy that feeling Quadzilla!!!!

A nervous pre-GF week looms haha Gotta let us know how he went!!

The team at the top of our table is undefeated with 500% to our 113% and they've pumped us twice. A finals win on Sunday would be reward for effort though!

Will let you know for sure !
We are one and one against them this year.

We got them during the year by 15 points and they got us first final by 11.

Footy is a funny game all the best hope you can roll them !!

Toes jnr’s U10 side had a come from behind 5pt win over Camberwell Sharks in their final official game of the season, making it 4 from 4 versus the two Sharks teams. Lightening Premiership to come this Sunday with three 20 minute games and a GF if they top their group.

Junior Bells plays at Hillside FC in the EDFL in the Under 10s its his 2nd year but has one to go as he skipped under 8's as he was too aggressive for it apparently and has been nicknamed "Bull" by his team mates.
He is the kid you love on your team but hate playing against. Have had a couple oppo parents and coaches complain about him and the way he plays but that's just him.
His coach said he's the hardest Under 10 he has seen in his 40 years around footy. He just barrels kids as he only has one speed and that is flat out. Good thing is the kid can really play
They have finished 2nd and have their first final this week and the boy is pumped.

Don't have many photos but here is a couple of him in action.

View attachment 1450352

View attachment 1450353
Fixed
lucas1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toes jnr’s U10 side had a come from behind 5pt win over Camberwell Sharks in their final official game of the season, making it 4 from 4 versus the two Sharks teams. Lightening Premiership to come this Sunday with three 20 minute games and a GF if they top their group.
That's a great result!!!!! We could start the bones of a U10's team haha

Good luck at the Lightning Premiership too!!!

My best little mate is a right wing flier for a local soccer team. Has a penchant, like many others for head scratching and daydreaming for periods during the match, but being only 7 .... Anyway, he played the 2nd half of his last 2 matches in goal .... not a happy dad! Got him some new wheels and told him that "these aren't keepers' boots mate, they're for goal scoring". Back to the wing and popped in a lovely double with his new wheels :) Kanchelskis esque 🙃

Great stuff mate. My lad plays soccer at school during lunchtime and is obsessed with it. The first lesson I gave him was “never play goalkeeper as there’s only two in any side and one never gets a run. Same as wicket keeping in cricket.”

Great stuff mate. My lad plays soccer at school during lunchtime and is obsessed with it. The first lesson I gave him was “never play goalkeeper as there’s only two in any side and one never gets a run. Same as wicket keeping in cricket.”
I told him that the only reason there are 'keepers is so the kids who couldn't play soccer get a game :cool: Tbf he did pull off a match winning save - 2-1 with him saving in the last 10 seconds. All his team jumping all over him ...... His coach looking at me and me shaking my head!

HELLSBELLS Twinkletoes how'd ur boys go???

10yo played in the wet Saturday. Kicked 5.8

🤦 we won 9 goals to 1 I think, this was his last 11s game.

10 & 12yo played in an elimination final for the 12s against a team that had beaten us in both games during the season. We were 1 pt up at qtr time. 12yo moved from CHB to Mids and they didn't score another goal. Not all his doing but had a solid game. 10yo played at FF kicked 2 of our 8 goals and assisted 2 more. 51 - 16 win - Into a Prelim on Sunday, finals footy is exciting but nerve wracking!!

HELLSBELLS Twinkletoes how'd ur boys go???

10yo played in the wet Saturday. Kicked 5.8

🤦 we won 9 goals to 1 I think, this was his last 11s game.

10 & 12yo played in an elimination final for the 12s against a team that had beaten us in both games during the season. We were 1 pt up at qtr time. 12yo moved from CHB to Mids and they didn't score another goal. Not all his doing but had a solid game. 10yo played at FF kicked 2 of our 8 goals and assisted 2 more. 51 - 16 win - Into a Prelim on Sunday, finals footy is exciting but nerve wracking!!

Great stuff mate. TT jnr played 3 lightening premiership games (10 min halves each game) and they lost all three by under a goal. A bit of a heartbreaker but they had a great year and looked cooked at times on Sunday.

Boys got done by 7 points, Had our chances but was pure devstation at the end

was

3-1-19
1-6-12

Junior HB is over it already but geez he was shattered at the siren.

Great stuff mate. TT jnr played 3 lightening premiership games (10 min halves each game) and they lost all three by under a goal. A bit of a heartbreaker but they had a great year and looked cooked at times on Sunday.
That's tough but def a great season for TT jnr!!!!!

We have a 'carnival' must be similar to yours, lots of mini games. Might not even play my 10yo as he's FF for the 12s in a Prelim the next day. They are getting a bit cooked at this time of year.

Boys got done by 7 points, Had our chances but was pure devstation at the end

was

3-1-19
1-6-12

Junior HB is over it already but geez he was shattered at the siren.
Sorry to hear that HB!!! We lost due to inaccurate kicking a couple of weeks ago and it makes the sting a little deeper!!

Hopefully a big pre-season for HB jnr and TT jnr of weet-bix and running around with mates haha

Sorry to hear that HB!!! We lost due to inaccurate kicking a couple of weeks ago and it makes the sting a little deeper!!

Hopefully a big pre-season for HB jnr and TT jnr of weet-bix and running around with mates haha

Absolutely. He isn’t happy with how it ended he already wants to get back to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back