Kids who play junior footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to hear that Luke. We have 2 more games and they don't do finals so boo!!!!!!

9yo is playing at halftime at the GABBA Saturday arvo so that's a novelty.
I remember spending a day at the Whitten Oval watching the Hawks thrash the Bulldogs when my brother played in the little league. Terrible game of footy then after waiting for the half time show my brother didn't get anywhere near the ball. The whole day the scoreboard had the score for the Kangas vs Carlton (when they used to have all the games listed using letters) and it was a close game all day which we won. My Dad spent the whole day swearing and complaining about being at the wrong game and bitching about what a waste of time it was.

I remember spending a day at the Whitten Oval watching the Hawks thrash the Bulldogs when my brother played in the little league. Terrible game of footy then after waiting for the half time show my brother didn't get anywhere near the ball. The whole day the scoreboard had the score for the Kangas vs Carlton (when they used to have all the games listed using letters) and it was a close game all day which we won. My Dad spent the whole day swearing and complaining about being at the wrong game and bitching about what a waste of time it was.
Oh God I hope that doesn't happen. Although we will be rushing home to watch the Kangas who are on 7MATE.

2 years ago Ben did it as an 8 year old and after 2 minutes the coach kept shepherding him because he always the ball. Hopefully he's a bit better at passing to teammates haha

Still can't believe how your boys have grown, James. Looking forward to seeing them play( or photos and videos thereof I mean) next season ,
Thanks Chugsy!!

They love their footy, moving into cricket territory now which isn't as fun for me.

They both played in a carnival to end the season last weekend so officially over for the year. Both boys were asked by several teams to fill in so were thoroughly knackered by the end haha

After winning the second semi with a goal after the siren my young blokes team lost the GF by 2 points in a thriller. He has now played 3 grand finals at the age of 12 and won 2 by less than a goal and lost one by less than a goal. I played 25 years of footy and only played in 2 grand finals!

After winning the second semi with a goal after the siren my young blokes team lost the GF by 2 points in a thriller. He has now played 3 grand finals at the age of 12 and won 2 by less than a goal and lost one by less than a goal. I played 25 years of footy and only played in 2 grand finals!
Sucks that they lost but congrats on the thriller GF!!

My boys had their awards day yesterday.
7yo won his Best n Fairest - woo hoo
9yo won his Best n fairest - woo hoo
9yo also won the 'Best on Junior Oval' out of all the 8s, 9s, 10s & 11s - holy $hit woo hoo his younger bro won it last year so they'll have their names on the board. Very proud dad moment!!

My boys had their awards day yesterday.
7yo won his Best n Fairest - woo hoo
9yo won his Best n fairest - woo hoo
9yo also won the 'Best on Junior Oval' out of all the 8s, 9s, 10s & 11s - holy $hit woo hoo his younger bro won it last year so they'll have their names on the board. Very proud dad moment!!
View attachment 746447
View attachment 746448

That’s awesome, well done little dudes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not junior footy but it is sport. My boys are trying out cricket (play 12 games last summer) and although it's hot out here in the QLD summer they are enjoying filling the void from no footy.

Ben bowled 3 overs 4/1 and faced 11 hittable balls and hit 9 fours and scored 37 runs. The opposition scored 40 total. Yep I'm counting down for the footy season to start, already registered them.

It's not junior footy but it is sport. My boys are trying out cricket (play 12 games last summer) and although it's hot out here in the QLD summer they are enjoying filling the void from no footy.

Ben bowled 3 overs 4/1 and faced 11 hittable balls and hit 9 fours and scored 37 runs. The opposition scored 40 total. Yep I'm counting down for the footy season to start, already registered them.

9 fours, 1 single and a dot ball. I hope you sent him to bed without any dinner! How could he let one go without scoring. I hope the other kid shows a bit more 😉

9 fours, 1 single and a dot ball. I hope you sent him to bed without any dinner! How could he let one go without scoring. I hope the other kid shows a bit more 😉
The dot ball was an absolute pie and his eyes lit up but he swung so early it was still in the bowlers hand.

37 off 11 balls is very good! What age group is this?

37 off 11 balls is very good! What age group is this?
This is Under 10s.

He got another 25 off 15 (about 12 hittable balls, damn those NB's and wides) last Saturday so he's hit a bit of a purple patch. 62 runs off 24 odd balls.

Bowled 3 overs 0/6 but considering we were smashed for 120 runs off 20 overs it was tidy.

Unfortunately his 8 year old brother plays in the same team so isn't having the same success.

28 off 15 balls is super!!!!

Lost by 28 but boys played ok.

Ben top scored with 23 runs (5 fours) and Matty hit 13 runs (eq 2nd highest) and hot our 1st ever SIX!!!

Ben super tidy 1/3 off 3 overs and Matt 1/9 off 2. Considering others were hit for 30odd I'm happy.

I never played so almost getting to the point where I'll need to get some private lessons for them. Apparently Matt has a horrible bat hold etc.

All in all a good day. How'd others go?

Pretty dry where you are too by the looks of it JL.
Amazing how green the ovals are now ferball!!!!! Cricket starts again this Saturday but more looking forward to the junior AFL season starting. Trials for Districts is in a month.

Both boys are eligible to play the same age bracket as last year(Under 10's and 8's) so weighing up whether to be that dad that says they should both play up. Both Won their respective Best and Fairests last year so maybe. . . Matt is 8 and has won the Best and Fairest twice already in U8's so he'll definitely go up to 9's.

I made a video of the bits I caught of Ben's year that I liked.

Amazing how green the ovals are now ferball!!!!! Cricket starts again this Saturday but more looking forward to the junior AFL season starting. Trials for Districts is in a month.

Both boys are eligible to play the same age bracket as last year(Under 10's and 8's) so weighing up whether to be that dad that says they should both play up. Both Won their respective Best and Fairests last year so maybe. . . Matt is 8 and has won the Best and Fairest twice already in U8's so he'll definitely go up to 9's.

I made a video of the bits I caught of Ben's year that I liked.

Get the little one to play up and you only need to go to one game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back