Kids who play junior footy

Remove this Banner Ad

9yo played his 100th game last Saturday and 30 min later in Brisbane we were in a lock down. Wife took like 2min of footage but proud dad moment for someone who never played. 9 and plays in his brothers (11yo) U11 team and finished the season as our leading goal kicker :beermug:

Just very thankful we got a season in!

Extremely fortunate to have cricket go ahead for the boys this weekend. Eldest turned 12 last week and is playing Medallion Stage 2, if that makes sense to anyone. He made the regional development U12 squad so will hopefully get some good coaching. I never played so he's literally taught himself to bat and bowl = very raw.

He was chosen to face the first ball but retired after 30 balls. Looking forward to the stage where they can stay in and show something.

Anyone else lucky enough to have junior sport go ahead?

1st world problem - both boys played at the same time. Chose to watch #12 who had to face a state bowler = 10 runs. #10yo goes ahead hits 11 fours and his 1st 50. (53 off 29 balls)

Good luck Vics coming out of quarantine. Does that mean jnr cricket is starting?

Good luck Vics coming out of quarantine. Does that mean jnr cricket is starting?

Cheers. It’s likely to begin mid November. Still awaiting an update for when training can commence.

At least that's a glimmer of hope.

Does VIC have stage 1, stage 2 (FLAG and medallion) and stage 3 structure for junior cricket?

My lad’s only U10 KK so it’s simply a comp like T20 played home and away on Sunday mornings. Found out tonight that training will recommence in a week. So it’s all ahead full from now on with lockdowns a thing of the past, as of 80 minutes ago.

My lad’s only U10 KK so it’s simply a comp like T20 played home and away on Sunday mornings. Found out tonight that training will recommence in a week. So it’s all ahead full from now on with lockdowns a thing of the past, as of 80 minutes ago.
That's awesome news, training going ahead and lockdown over.

Up here it's 'stages' and based a little more on ability than straight age. My 10yo is playing with a couple of 10s, 11s a 12 girl and a grade 8 girl. My grade 6 boy (12) is playing against anything from good grade 5ers to year 8 boys.

Both Saturday mornings and 30 overs each.

That's awesome news, training going ahead and lockdown over.

Up here it's 'stages' and based a little more on ability than straight age. My 10yo is playing with a couple of 10s, 11s a 12 girl and a grade 8 girl. My grade 6 boy (12) is playing against anything from good grade 5ers to year 8 boys.

Both Saturday mornings and 30 overs each.

I think it’s a similar setup here from U11 onwards, just like junior footy.

1st world problem - both boys played at the same time. Chose to watch #12 who had to face a state bowler = 10 runs. #10yo goes ahead hits 11 fours and his 1st 50. (53 off 29 balls)

The new Chappell brothers!! You don't have a sneaky third son who would also be good at lawn bowls do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training starts this Friday and games the weekend of the 12th Nov.
That's a fantastic result!!!! A much needed release for kids and parents!!
The new Chappell brothers!! You don't have a sneaky third son who would also be good at lawn bowls do you?
Haha hardly, but they do love their cricket. Funny you say that, yesterday I found out my great grandmother was a Chappell. Might dig and see if there is a small connection.

Vic must be getting some games in this weekend?????? Pics or it didn't happen!!

One of the dads spoke to my boy at training about his bowling run up. Best he's ever bowled. 3 for and an LBW warning. My 10yo learned a valuable lesson in trash talking. Their keeper just wouldn't stop, literally speaking the whole time and as the bowler ran in he's say 'you're an idiot you're an idiot you're an idiot' over and over. It's why we send em to junior sport, learn these life lessons.

The footy training has all kicked off, the ‘kid’ I took has transitioned into seniors and will give it away I think. There’s some really big dudes and I can’t say I blame him.
Yep it definitely starts to drop off as the oppo gets bigger/faster. Completely understand that.

We were again lucky enough to get cricket in this Saturday.

12yo bowled 2 overs 1/1
10yo bowled 2 overs 2/3

Any other junior cricket news? My 12 yo played in a rep carnival (The Ian Healy Cup) last week. Mon-Fri - 5 games - 50 over games. It was looooonnnnngg but such a great opportunity for a kid about to start high school.

The coach saw something in his bowling action so played him as a bowler. He even had his 1st ever one to one bowling coaching days before the tournament. 9 wickets and a 4 for was a great result for him. Even got to meet Ian Healy at the end. Conversely he's never batted worse, but that's something he can work on.

1642477582879.png

Great stuff. Junior cricket’s on hiatus here until school resumes. My young bloke had a great outing in the last game prior to the break though, snaring 6 for 7 opening the bowling. When Scotty Boland walked off The ‘G holding the ball up my bloke was prompted to say “same figures as me!”

Great stuff. Junior cricket’s on hiatus here until school resumes. My young bloke had a great outing in the last game prior to the break though, snaring 6 for 7 opening the bowling. When Scotty Boland walked off The ‘G holding the ball up my bloke was prompted to say “same figures as me!”
I think you'll find Scotty Boland walked off the G mouthing 'Same figures and TT Jr'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back