Unofficial Preview Kieran Jacks Experience v whats left of GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted to completely shatter their confidence. They would get destroyed.
I actually don't agree with this comment. Bell did a hell of a job on Whitfield when he was returning from once. He also tagged, I think it was Conniglio and did a reasonable job. I think you underestimate them a little. I, like you are not sure of Riley. He is still a whippet and sometimes makes whippet mistakes.

Bringing Jack back does not achieve anything. He is finished. He is our past. Our side will probably get flogged and it will be worse with Kizza there. He has sweet * all to contribute at this juncture. He has very little pace, kicking stinks and gets little or nothing of the ball.

I think that Benny Ronke has been targeted thus year by the best small defenders. He has to get used to that after the impact he had in his first season. He will be better for the lesson. Stevie will be working very closely with him to develop his hard side and to show him ways to break the tag.

Our list is very sound. Next year it will be even better. Think about this: 4, 21, 39, 56, 73 in a pretty good draft

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm going to the physio to get a dislocated shoulder put back in on Sat afternoon. Will miss most of the game and be much less painful.
All the best.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

I am not sure the comparisons are relative?

Aliir had to force his way into a side driving towards September after 0-6.

Jack was dropped after the Carlton game and since then we have lost from players that played that game. We are bottom four headed for an early season finish (for us).

Rampe, COR and Hayward (even Cunningham though he was injured in this game and wasn’t selected the following week) have all been lost to injury. Add to that Melican being dropped now.

Since then Jack has been an emergency in the following two games.
One can presume he was dropped to be behind those guys at selection... but they are all out injured now.

So he did fall down the pecking order onto the emergency list. Since then we have seen 3-5 players drop off between when he was dropped and now selected again. This idea that he has climbed back up the pecking order is a little misguided. Merely he has gotten back into the team because others in front of him have been injured, which has seen him return...

“Earning” a game is part NEAFL and part what happens during the week, which we don’t get to see. Maybe Pink and others don’t put in the hard yards at training? Who knows.

We are into the 39th player on our list, 43 if you include the emergencies. It is slim pickings now.

Slim pickings indeed. So give senior spots to players who earn senior spots! Dropping a guy and giving him a spot back without having earned it is inexcusable.

It's about what we stand for as a team irregardless of where we are on the ladder or how much this game means. It's **** form to do as Horse did this week.

so the message is you are too fragile so we pick a hasbeen

good stuff

Well I don’t think you pick a debutant to run with one of their best players.

Do you pick a hasbeen (ie. they’ve performed at the level) or a mightneverbe?

I didn’t really refer to Jack anyway, I wouldn’t have picked him.

More commenting on Bell and Stoddart potentially running with Whitfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back