Status
Not open for further replies.
If matchups ever went as named- which doesnt happen we would have

Aliir V Finlayson
Mills V Cameron .... jesus christ
Clarke v Greene...... greene will kick 10 and clarke in the head
Lloyd v Whitfield..... accumulator v class
Mccartin v Mumford.....mumford would probably just belt him
Florent v Deledio...... florent a chance to look at a much better version of himself

Longmire will make this a slog
Won't Aliir play spare man as usual? He plays that Dustin fletcher style role as an intercepting closer

Won't Aliir play spare man as usual? He plays that Dustin fletcher style role as an intercepting closer

Yeah I was just commenting on how they literally line up as named

Overreaction if I've ever seen it when we sit 15th with a depleted list.
Jack will put his head over the ball repeatedly & that can't be said for any of our youngsters that aren't already playing. I understood the angst when Rowbottom was left out in his place but who's spot is Jack taking right now? I'll give you a tip, it's not Stoddart's because he is a running half back.
There is no one else fit enough on our list to take this spot that isn't already playing. Rose is there, Ronke............no one else.

He is taking Pink's spot, that's who. Because while we're already battling away with a depleted defence, Jack will be doing SFA to help out in that regard because he's up the other end of the ground, not putting his head over the ball because he refuses to even bend down now, such is where his body is at.

It's also about more than just Jack. It is just such a **** message to send to the playing group that a player can be dropped and then find themselves back in the senior team without having earned it. I would say the same thing if it was one of my favourites like Hewett or Sir Dane or Lloyd. Just a shocking look.

All this angst about Jack being in over Stoddart when in reality, neither will make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome of the game or the season.
Good opportunity to lay the boot in though.

I remember back in 2017, at the height of Aliirgate, when I kept getting told "it's not Horse's fault Aliir hasn't earned his recall". Some of the same very people who told me that are now suddenly OK with a player getting a recall without earning it. It's s**t antics that s**t clubs like Carlton and St Kilda have done in recent years. That's why I don't like it, I'd already resigned myself to our fate this week as soon as the Geelong match was over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember back in 2017, at the height of Aliirgate, when I kept getting told "it's not Horse's fault Aliir hasn't earned his recall". Some of the same very people who told me that are now suddenly OK with a player getting a recall without earning it. It's s**t antics that s**t clubs like Carlton and St Kilda have done in recent years. That's why I don't like it, I'd already resigned myself to our fate this week as soon as the Geelong match was over.
Yes me too, which is exactly why it didn't really bother me either way who got selected.

I am not sure the comparisons are relative?

Aliir had to force his way into a side driving towards September after 0-6.

Jack was dropped after the Carlton game and since then we have lost from players that played that game. We are bottom four headed for an early season finish (for us).

Rampe, COR and Hayward (even Cunningham though he was injured in this game and wasn’t selected the following week) have all been lost to injury. Add to that Melican being dropped now.

Since then Jack has been an emergency in the following two games.
One can presume he was dropped to be behind those guys at selection... but they are all out injured now.

So he did fall down the pecking order onto the emergency list. Since then we have seen 3-5 players drop off between when he was dropped and now selected again. This idea that he has climbed back up the pecking order is a little misguided. Merely he has gotten back into the team because others in front of him have been injured, which has seen him return...

“Earning” a game is part NEAFL and part what happens during the week, which we don’t get to see. Maybe Pink and others don’t put in the hard yards at training? Who knows.

We are into the 39th player on our list, 43 if you include the emergencies. It is slim pickings now.

I just want someone to spend the entire game just elbowing mumford every time that sniper goes near the ball.

After almost every stoppage last game he'd pick a swans midfielder and dump them to take them out of the contest.

Pick whoever's got the sharpest elbows to run with him this game, I don't care if we lose the hitouts 50-0, as long as mumford wakes up sore the next morning. fu** him.
I think McLean is a take no nonsense sort of player. He won't back down if Mumnt starts throwing his weight around.

A bit worried about the back line though. I think they will kick 20 or 30 on this backline. It is just far too inexperienced. There isn't a leader there. Lloydy is the closest we gave to a leader there now. Lack of height there is going to kill us this week. They are very tall and it gets even worse if they switch Tomlinson forward to overwhelm us. After all our forward line is not going to exactly be the land of the Giants lol.

In saying that I think, just as I said, this will be a blowout. Just not enough experience down back. Our mids will try hard and get it forward but with the makeshift backs missing our best defender we are cooked.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrong game to throw him in. We are playing a team that goes up 200% in effort just because they are playing us & who are trying to put their foot on our throat. We are inexperienced enough but young Bell will learn more in the NEAFL this week.
Could have just got Bell (or Stoddart for that matter) to follow Whitfield around the whole time and make him earn any possession while making Whitfield work the other way. I think it would be a lot more useful than whatever KJ is going to get up to - though I hope to be wrong of course.

Thats crazy talk.
Amartey is only 19, is still growing and hasn't reached anywhere near his potential yet.He will make a good KPP ruck for sure.
Pink is still only 20 and showing something in defence, an area we are weak in.

Maybe.

Amartey is about to turn 20 and Pink will be 21 in under 2 weeks.

You could be right, hopefully you are. For me Amartey lacks the aggression for the contest but he would have been considered a longer term project and he would be going into a third year on the list. He is undersized in the ruck and probably isn’t physical/aggressive/competitive enough to make up for it, despite his athleticism. As a key player he isn’t a strong one grab mark and again his lack of physicality and competitiveness isn’t suited for a key post. So I am really not sure about him, he has some wonderful ‘pros’ but I don’t know if they will end up making up for his cons.

I agree Pink has been solid in the NEAFL. He has some aggression and speed about his game. But in a week where we lose a few defenders, he still isn’t even selected as an emergency.

FWIW McLean is only 9 months older than Amartey and is 5 months younger than Pink.
McCartin is younger than both.

Could have just got Bell (or Stoddart for that matter) to follow Whitfield around the whole time and make him earn any possession while making Whitfield work the other way. I think it would be a lot more useful than whatever KJ is going to get up to - though I hope to be wrong of course.

If you wanted to completely shatter their confidence. They would get destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back