Kieren Jack draft conspiracy allegations ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives a stuff?

He was a third round rookie pick and has made it sensationally. All power to him and to Sydney.

What is odd is why anyone has chosen to make a story out of it now.
Not really, its 70 days since the the last season finished and 100 (very long) days till the next season commences and footy opinion piece writers are paid to write opinion pieces on footy.

My mind is turning to the AFL's handling of an investigation involving comments overheard by a commentator made by an umpire regarding deliberate bias in a game involving Fremantle and Saint Kilda in Perth in 2005. The evidence was damning, the AFL's investigation unsurprisingly turned up nothing and was finalised within a day or so.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/afl-probes-umpires-victory-comment/2005/08/23/1124562862334.html

Having read the article the situation is hardly similar to the Jack one at all, but a decent reminder of how incompetent (non transparent) the AFL can be when handling sensitive issues.

Exactly. 15 teams passed him up multiple times.
Just going on the info in today's Age, it appears that the Swans & the Jacks didn't pull a swifty to subvert the draft. But it does appear someone made a false stat dec about the papers having been lost in the mail, and that the AFL conducted an 'investigation' that made no attempt to establish the truth. Those are the concerning issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just going on the info in today's Age, it appears that the Swans & the Jacks didn't pull a swifty to subvert the draft. But it does appear someone made a false stat dec about the papers having been lost in the mail, and that the AFL conducted an 'investigation' that made no attempt to establish the truth. Those are the concerning issues.

The Age's article is all conjecture and hearsay, two things that have no standing in any court of law. If the AFL looked into it and has no substantive evidence to begin legal action against a supposed dodgy Stat Dec, or those that signed it, it is frivolous to do so. Cases closed, whether the stat dec was dodgy or not.

Here is how any investigation would unfold.

the transcript

Mr Anderson: Mr Jack Did you post the forms like you said in the statutory declaration

Mr K Jack: Yes sir I did

Mr Anderson: Mr G Jack, did you tell Mr Masters that he did not

Mr G Jack: No I did not

Mr Anderson: Are you calling him a liar

M G Jack: No sir, just he misunderstood the conversation

Mr Anderson: You didn't tell him this was a smother up

Mr G Jack: No sir

Mr Anderson: Mr Masters did Mr G Jack inform you it was a smother up

Mr Masters: Yes he did

Mr Anderson: Mr Masters, are you not the most listened to mouthpiece for the NRL anti AFL brigade in Sydney and have an agenda to push here today.

Mr Masters: I wouldn't quit put it like that

Mr Anderson: Kind of like that though?

Mr Masters: silence followed by.. I can see how it might look like that but....

Mr Anderson: There is no evidence of a case to answer here

Don't like Anderson but in light of total hearsay what on earth would you have him investigate.

The Age's article is all conjecture and hearsay, two things that have no standing in any court of law. If the AFL looked into it and has no substantive evidence to begin legal action against a supposed dodgy Stat Dec, or those that signed it, it is frivolous to do so. Cases closed, whether the stat dec was dodgy or not.
So two separate interviews with father and son, where they both flatly contradict what is stated in the stat dec, doesn't even cast the slightest doubt in your mind?

'Stat dec' is my most hatred phrase in existence.

Please stop saying it.
'Stat dec', as an abbreviation for statutory declaration? It's much easier to say stat dec, so most people just say stat dec. Why would you have a problem with stat dec?

(PS 'stat dec' isn't actually a phrase. I'm willing to state that on a stat dec).

After reading all the posts from the last day, I have decided to go public with what actually did happen 6yrs ago. My name is Donna Jack and I am Kieren's mum.Trust me this will be the first and last time I will ever do this sort of thing.
Six years ago Kieren was named Captain of the U18NSWACT RAMS to play in the National Championships in Melbourne. He was awarded player of the tournament for NSW and was very unlucky not to have been named in the All Australian side, unfortunately, that was the first and last year that they didn't name a player from each state. We were notified that Kieen had been invited to Draft camp. I remember the day that the paperwork arrived in the mail, we were both so excited, We sat in the kitchen filling out all the forms..well me filling out and Kieren signing, as that is what mum's of 18yr old boys do! I took the envelope to the local post office and sent it off that same day to the address in Melbourne that I was given.To this day I have no idea why it didn't arrive.
Kieren then went off to draft camp, where he did well in the 'BEEP TEST" and had a couple of clubs who had shown some interest. He then went on to play in the Allies game the week before the Grand Final, which I guess is a game so that the scouts can get a second look at the interstate kids before the draft. We had a friend talking to Mark Williams at Port Adelaide ( Kieren didn't have a manger we didn't believe in that) and we had also heard Essendon may be interested and we would have been happy for Kieren to go to either club.
I remeber the day of the draft, Garry, Kieren and I sat by the computer hopefull but not confident that a club would see his potential and give him a chance. Obviously it wasn't meant to be, and at this stage we still had no idea that he wasn't even in the draft due to the missing paperwork.We only found out when the swans decided to Rookie Kieren and his name wasn't on the list. So what followed has been pretty well documented. Kieren did sign a stat dec, as he knew I had posted the paper work away. The AFL did go to every other club and ask them if they had any objections to Kieren being picked up by the Swans in the rookie draft ( also giving them the opportunity to pick him up as well) and they all said no. And the rest is history.
I would never do anything wrong, illegal or unethical by my boys or my family. Football is important but it is not everything, and if it hadn't worked out with the AFL, who knows Kieren probably would have gone to play in the VFL or SANFL or even gone back to play RL.
To Mr Lane and Mr Masters,you have no credibility as journalists or as human beings.Only the two of you know the real motivation for writing such a viscous negative story. Perhaps next time you will both do your homework a bit more thoroughly and write the facts instead of making up things and telling blatant lies.
Thankyou to those who have supported Kieren, I know it has meant a lot to him as it has to Garry and I.

To Mr Lane and Mr Masters,you have no credibility as journalists or as human beings.Only the two of you know the real motivation for writing such a viscous negative story. Perhaps next time you will both do your homework a bit more thoroughly and write the facts instead of making up things and telling blatant lies.
Thankyou to those who have supported Kieren, I know it has meant a lot to him as it has to Garry and I.

great stuff Mrs Jack, you should follow up with a similar letter to the newspaper but you might be just giving it more oxygen than it deserves, but I admire your integrity.

p.s, Kieren might get bagged for this lol

After reading all the posts from the last day, I have decided to go public with what actually did happen 6yrs ago. My name is Donna Jack and I am Kieren's mum.Trust me this will be the first and last time I will ever do this sort of thing.
Six years ago Kieren was named Captain of the U18NSWACT RAMS to play in the National Championships in Melbourne. He was awarded player of the tournament for NSW and was very unlucky not to have been named in the All Australian side, unfortunately, that was the first and last year that they didn't name a player from each state. We were notified that Kieen had been invited to Draft camp. I remember the day that the paperwork arrived in the mail, we were both so excited, We sat in the kitchen filling out all the forms..well me filling out and Kieren signing, as that is what mum's of 18yr old boys do! I took the envelope to the local post office and sent it off that same day to the address in Melbourne that I was given.To this day I have no idea why it didn't arrive.
Kieren then went off to draft camp, where he did well in the 'BEEP TEST" and had a couple of clubs who had shown some interest. He then went on to play in the Allies game the week before the Grand Final, which I guess is a game so that the scouts can get a second look at the interstate kids before the draft. We had a friend talking to Mark Williams at Port Adelaide ( Kieren didn't have a manger we didn't believe in that) and we had also heard Essendon may be interested and we would have been happy for Kieren to go to either club.
I remeber the day of the draft, Garry, Kieren and I sat by the computer hopefull but not confident that a club would see his potential and give him a chance. Obviously it wasn't meant to be, and at this stage we still had no idea that he wasn't even in the draft due to the missing paperwork.We only found out when the swans decided to Rookie Kieren and his name wasn't on the list. So what followed has been pretty well documented. Kieren did sign a stat dec, as he knew I had posted the paper work away. The AFL did go to every other club and ask them if they had any objections to Kieren being picked up by the Swans in the rookie draft ( also giving them the opportunity to pick him up as well) and they all said no. And the rest is history.
I would never do anything wrong, illegal or unethical by my boys or my family. Football is important but it is not everything, and if it hadn't worked out with the AFL, who knows Kieren probably would have gone to play in the VFL or SANFL or even gone back to play RL.

It's great to see you write this Donna and thankyou for doing so, it seems the newspapers have become a bit thin on contents at this time of the year, it's not the first time Mr. Lane has had to pluck BS out of his ass to keep employed.

It's amusing that if Keiran didnt turn out to be a great footballer this whole saga would not have happened. Because he has become such a great footballer the war has begun.

And in breaking news, the artist formerly known as Allen 'King Kong Bundy' Christensen now known simply as Allen 'Bundy' Christensen got fat and lazy to discourage other clubs so that the Cats could snare him.:rolleyes:

What a master stroke by him.:rolleyes:

The tongue lashing from recruiters continues to drive Christensen. It drove him to embark on a fitness campaign almost as soon as he left those draft-camp interviews. It drove him to a diet that saw him lose 6kg from the time of his dressing down to when Geelong called his name as pick 40 in the national draft that he had been touted as a potential top-10 candidate.
Nothing story. Jack is a little dynamo and I hope he regains full form and fitness this year.

I know the OP is targetting Vlad and Anderson but if the other clubs gave it the ok, then that should be the end of it. It's a bit like people complaining about compensation from Gold Coast and Western Sydney. All of the clubs signed off on it.

Roy Masters should stick to writing the s**t he normally does, whatever that is. Can anybody name an AFL writer that seems to spend all of their time bagging another code?

As for Tim Lane, for whatever reason, it's all been down hill since he took a stand against commentating with Eddie.

Should have stayed at the ABC, Tim.

What a total beat up. Everyone had an opportunity to draft him, Sydney did and the rest is history. Why all the afl conspiracy talk, they facilitated a player being able to get on a list without having to wait 12 months. Rules can be bent under the right circumstances, noone was disadvantaged, so where's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back