Past Kieren Jack - retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we need send the players out on the ground to the tune of ‘The Undertaker’ music :)
Brandon growing up with Kieran:

“WWE was always on the TV on Saturday mornings, and it would get to the point where I was maybe four or five and I’d be sitting there doing nothing. And then you’d hear from the speakers ‘The Undertaker’ music come on, and Kieren would come in to the room and do something like a chokeslam on me.
https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-04-19/wild-wrestler-jack-claws-way-to-250

Swans don't seem to have great milestone games. If he isn't retiring after the last one happy to give him a few more chances until McVeigh or Hayward return.

I see no point in this. ".... To give him a few more chances" is folly. He has not justified selection this or last year. The little Champ is enjoying a couple of testimonial years but adds zero.

Any claim he adds experience does not add up against the poor example he sets younger team mates. He tries his guts out but is so overcooked even Mummy would not put a fork in him.

In any organisation fairness is important. Rules for some that differ from rules for others corrodes morale.

I'm sure KJ gets this. I hope he stands down until the last game of the season when he can be farewelled with Smith, Reg and McVeigh.

Officially on Horse's untouchable list

Jose in essence is saying KJ can sit in a deck chair on a half forward flank, chowing down on duck eggs, slurping Coronas and admiring tumbleweeds as they pass him by.

Interesting contrast to the Hawks who have sent Roughead back to the reserves to find form

They still have 4 players more than us that are 25 or over in this weeks lineup. So it’s not a direct contrast as they have more experience even if they dropped Roughead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting contrast to the Hawks who have sent Roughead back to the reserves to find form

I hate praising Hawthorn for anything at all but this is why they won three premierships in a row, and we lost two grand finals. Horse simply does not hold his players to an equal standard, and he doesn’t hold certain players to any standard at all.

They still have 4 players more than us that are 25 or over in this weeks lineup. So it’s not a direct contrast as they have more experience even if they dropped Roughead.

So if this “experience” card fails again, which it will as he’s cooked and can’t run anymore, then what? Somewhere along the line you have to reward good and demote poor performance. Surely 8 possessions doesn’t cut it!

I hate praising Hawthorn for anything at all but this is why they won three premierships in a row, and we lost two grand finals. Horse simply does not hold his players to an equal standard, and he doesn’t hold certain players to any standard at all.

This. There is no standard with Reid, Jack, etc. Then we have last year or two with questionable form for other players

So what?

He's not up to standard so he is playing reserves, that's how it should be regardless of what your birth certificate says.

This. There is no standard with Reid, Jack, etc. Then we have last year or two with questionable form for other players

Yep don’t forget we had Rohan in those grand finals who was never dropped and made accountable for his form. McVeigh walks in underdone. Tippett comes in underdone in lieu of Nankervis who had the form. Then we wonder why it feels like we’re carrying passengers. Story hasn’t changed since 2016.

So if this “experience” card fails again, which it will as he’s cooked and can’t run anymore, then what? Somewhere along the line you have to reward good and demote poor performance. Surely 8 possessions doesn’t cut it!

What influence is he having on other players in regards to direction / instruction? Not everything can be measured statistically by us. Maybe it would be even worse without that instruction. I really don’t know.

What I do know is putting another kid out there wont help with direction / instruction and their output isn’t likely to be much more than Jacks, if at all.

When Buddy returns I would like to see Jack back in the NEAFL, as he can replace his instructional influence in the forward half.

Yep don’t forget we had Rohan in those grand finals who was never dropped and made accountable for his form. McVeigh walks in underdone. Tippett comes in underdone in lieu of Nankervis who had the form. Then we wonder why it feels like we’re carrying passengers. Story hasn’t changed since 2016.

We’ve played way too many out of form players for a long time

What influence is he having on other players in regards to direction / instruction? Not everything can be measured statistically by us. Maybe it would be even worse without that instruction. I really don’t know.

What I do know is putting another kid out there wont help with direction / instruction and their output isn’t likely to be much more than Jacks, if at all.

When Buddy returns I would like to see Jack back in the NEAFL, as he can replace his instructional influence in the forward half.

So your suggestion is to leave a bloke in there who is totally cooked just because he’s somewhat experienced. How about play guys who get the ball more often?

So your suggestion is to leave a bloke in there who is totally cooked just because he’s somewhat experienced. How about play guys who get the ball more often?

Maybe the young guys need the experience of carrying a passenger to become better players. Or something like that. I dunno, I’m not rehearsed in Kellyann Conway’s techniques.

Just can't agree with this at all, its an absolute misnomer that old footballers are required for on field direction

Not only are the young guys full time footballers who spend hours every week receiving tactical instruction, but any so called on field authority or leadership would be diluted by the fact that the person providing it isn't contributing and probably doesn't deserve to be out there

Officially on Horse's untouchable list

.......and based on who the heck can he trust more than Kizza to do the defensive stuff as well, then yes, he is untouchable.
All very well Rowbottom coming in & getting 5 more touches than Kizza but what is his opponent doing the other way?
Yeah we get it, you don't like Horse so naturally you won't like any single decision he makes so time to stop repeating things as we need all the experience possible in the senior team ATM & unfortunely for the haters, Horse trusts Kizza to do what he wants while Rowbottom & co can get their defensive stuff right at the lower level & earn their bloody games like Kizza did when he was at the same stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back