Killzone 2

Remove this Banner Ad

caMoGFC

Bigfooty Super Elite
Jul 24, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
it's a game which contents still need discussion......

also i tried to edit my last post but it got locked....

i was going to add that i have zero doubt that the ps3's top exclusives are far graphically superior to the top 360 exclusives

and looking at the uncharted pics in the other killzone thread...damn!
i forgot just how pretty that game looks.

also i don't think kz2 looks as impressive in still images than in action and gears has a similar look....but it looked very nice on a hd screen in action to me

lol why be an idiot for.

saying it's worse is a massive over exaggeration, even if you believe it.

after seeing both on a full hd screen i'd give the nod to gears 2...just

uncharted was and still is one of the best looking console games easily but it's been overtaken by a few games now
You can have a look at them in 720p resolution, up close Gears 2 is nothing on Uncharted, not to mention the second grade particle effects going with 2D!:eek:

Just shut up HBK. You dribble so much pointless crap. Nobody gives a ****.

Oh and scooterb I am on top of a building.... I have almost done a rage snap the cd over my head. I pressed pause instead so I could vent on here.:cool:

As opposed to you who can't hack that a game where you control a Flower petal is good and actually worth playing?

You can have a look at them in 720p resolution, up close Gears 2 is nothing on Uncharted, not to mention the second grade particle effects going with 2D!:eek:

yeh i looked at them....
i also edited my first post in this thread too

gears 2 in the stills didn't look that impressive but in action there's no denying it looks fantastic...(if you have seen it in motion)

but i think i might've been selling uncharted short since it's been a very long time since i played it

no game has truly made me say wow in terms of a graphical leap like first uncharted....then mgs4 when the cutscenes to graphics were seamless and i literally thought was still in them sometimes!

and then visari's face at the very start of kz2....that is the best visual in a game ever. (in terms of the graphics...not his ugly mug! lol)

yeh i looked at them....
i also edited my first post in this thread too

gears 2 in the stills didn't look that impressive but in action there's no denying it looks fantastic...(if you have seen it in motion)

but i think i might've been selling uncharted short since it's been a very long time since i played it
Remember I was talking about it technically, and as you can see, the technical aspects of it, character models(Terrible face mapping for Gears as opposed to the proper face sculptured look of Uncharted), particle effects(ie 2D explosions for Gears as opposed to fantastic looking 3D explosions for Uncharted), lighting, all surpass Gears 2, with textures being about even.

As I said, it is more to do with the engine than the game, the Unreal Engine just doesn't allow for much more than Gears 2 produced, and it is far too outdated.
and then visari's face at the very start of kz2....that is the best visual in a game ever. (in terms of the graphics...not his ugly mug! lol)
Undoubtably fantastic, and when it teams with the brilliant opening sequence, just makes it even better.

Oh and scooterb I am on top of a building.... I have almost done a rage snap the cd over my head. I pressed pause instead so I could vent on here.:cool:

i felt like doing that in MP about 4 hours ago

i started the game off 0 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there was a group of about 5 guys all with the same clan tag and with grenade launchers just spamming the choke points and i left when i was like 2-9

there was nothing u could do...just constant grenades everywhere as well as other guys throwing them as soon as they respawned at the tacticians choke point.

so instead of throwing my controller i just took a break for 30 mins or so lol

biggest load of b/s ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if none of you can get on maybe i won't bother trying to jump on again tonight

maybe my last round where i got seriously screwed over was the beginning of the stuff up.

lol why be an idiot for.

saying it's worse is a massive over exaggeration, even if you believe it.

after seeing both on a full hd screen i'd give the nod to gears 2...just

uncharted was and still is one of the best looking console games easily but it's been overtaken by a few games now

the best looking games graphically i've witnessed this gen are

1. KZ2

2. MGS4

3. Gears of War 2

4. Ratchet and Clank series

5. Uncharted

could probably throw in a case for wipeout hd as well

SF4 is def in the mix also

i might have forgotten something but it doesn't come to mind atm so if you want to throw one in then go ahead...maybe better on another thread though

Funny, I don't see Crysis at the top of your list. In fact, I don't see it at all on your list. Hmmm.....

This is a major balls up. Brand new game with international beta testing and now this???
Not really, I'd say the servers are down for maintenance, majority of games take the servers down for routine working on within the first few days(And unfortunately for us Aussies, it is usually during the US night).

BTW a beta test can't predict anywhere near what will happen within the first week of a games release(Especially a game that has apparently already broken well over the 1mil mark), they can only do as much as possible to curb the pressure that will inevitably have to be released with post release work.

In fact, here is the official word on what's happening: Source: http://killzone.com/kz/_ns:YVByb3h5...uUm9jbVZoWkM1cFpEMDJNalE1Tmc9PT09/forums.psml
Sorry for not letting folks know earlier, but we took this relatively quiet time to do some server maintenance. Should be back within the hour. Sorry for the lack of warning.

Seb

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

Getting back on topic (sorta), I'm not quite sure on this game. I mean, I enjoy it immensely, but I feel that once I reach general it will be sorta... lame. I find that getting the ribbons is frustrating, and once I reach general there won't be that much more for me to achieve.

I'll probably trade it in and get the full refund, although if I miss it and feel I made the wrong decision I'll just buy it again.

Sigh.

Funny, I don't see Crysis at the top of your list. In fact, I don't see it at all on your list. Hmmm.....

was that seriously even necessary?

if you couldn't tell from that post that it was out of this generations consoles then i really don't know what to tell you.

i will edit my initial post to help you out.

if i was writing on the best graphics ever PERIOD i doubt a single console game would even be on the list.

a console just can't put out what the most powerful computers with dual high end graphic cards can

i mean cod4 on my g/f's brothers pretty much super computer (at the time anyway) was pretty much the best looking thing i've ever seen in a game.
to me it looked almost as good as crysis

whereas cod4 on the console doesn't even crack the list for console games to me, but it looked better on the high end pc than any game i've ever seen on a console

was that seriously even necessary?

if you couldn't tell from that post that it was out of this generations consoles then i really don't know what to tell you.

i will edit my initial post to help you out.

if i was writing on the best graphics ever PERIOD i doubt a single console game would even be on the list.

a console just can't put out what the most powerful computers with dual high end graphic cards can

So if games are released within this generation on PC, then they don't count? I always assumed they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back