FTA-TV King Elvis' Married At First Sight Thread

Who will be the last couple standing?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the producers female or male?

Episode producers = both (about 10 of them)

Supervising producers = one male one female

Executive Producer = Male

Channel 9 execs = 3 old white chauvinistic males

LOL at anyone who thinks this is a male bashing exercise. The networks want VIEWERS and if that means hanging certain campaigners out to dry because it means more people will watch it then that's what will happen.

Everyone should have their opinion validated by me.

LOL at anyone who thinks this is a male bashing exercise. The networks want VIEWERS and if that means hanging certain campaigners out to dry because it means more people will watch it then that's what will happen.
I agree. They did what they had to do to keep the ratings high, and that meant hanging a few people out to dry because of the public reaction to them was intense (and that means good ratings and more money). They actually weren't very flattering in the way they showed some of the women either. Scarlett, Cheryl, Nadia, and the twins were often portrayed in a negative way. Whatever angle they could use to keep viewer interest high they used, this is reality TV 101.

It is genuinely bizarre that the women in the show have come out roses. Cheryl is somehow MAFS biggest ever victim, the runaway bride is an in-ya-face-lyf-ada-party, and Deb's racism got some pleasant chuckles (as if a baby had chucked up on itself). Not to mention Scarlett's nutjobbery.

These women were mostly abhorrent - and got to made to look like heaven. I'm sure Jonesy was a right prick, but I bet filming Cheryl actually talking for more than a few seconds here and there would have revealed how horrible she really was. Nadia was a vacuous gossip queen.

Feminists taking over media.

Careful mate the men haters in this thread will be all over you.

It's funny the people on here who have said Andrew, Anthony etc were w***ers but not a bad word about Deb, Vanessa, Michelle even the fake Cheryl and Lauren who left Andrew on his wedding night.

Atleast a couple of us have called out both men and women on here, where the sexist pigs over the people who have just drilled the men, really sums up how hypocritical Aussies are these days.

I agree. They did what they had to do to keep the ratings high, and that meant hanging a few people out to dry because of the public reaction to them was intense (and that means good ratings and more money). They actually weren't very flattering in the way they showed some of the women either. Scarlett, Cheryl, Nadia, and the twins were often portrayed in a negative way. Whatever angle they could use to keep viewer interest high they used, this is reality TV 101.

Ratings high your right, I wonder who they were trying to appeal to?

It's funny the people on here who have said Andrew, Anthony etc were ******s but not a bad word about Deb, Vanessa, Michelle even the fake Cheryl and Lauren who left Andrew on his wedding night.

Atleast a couple of us have called out both men and women on here, where the sexist pigs over the people who have just drilled the men, really sums up how hypocritical Aussies are these days.

I'll take a stab and assume I'm one this is directed out.

1. I don't hate men.
2. Not "Andrew, Anthony etc". JUST Andrew and Anthony. As much as I didn't warm to Jonathan or Michael, I thought they were fairly honest and authentic. And I genuinely liked all the other blokes.
3. If you have no life, read back through this whole thread to see where many (including myself) have had cracks at Deb (she's a nutjob), Vanessa (who I personally didn't have much of an issue with, she was just clearly matched with the wrong partner), Sharon AND Michelle (who came across as fame whore bullies). Was never a Cheryl fan but I admire the way she stood up for herself. And if the rumours about Lauren's wedding night are true, I have no problem with her attitude towards Andrew.

So no hypocrisy here. I've probably made more comments about the chicks than I have the blokes. It just so happens that 2 of the mens' behaviour was much more appalling than all of the others put together. That you appear to think it was no big deal is totally your right. But that doesn't mean others won't call you out on it.

How Debs race preferences have gone by without a mention from the experts, but Mr.Stripper gets called out for being a bit picky, is pretty baffling. Yeah have some physical and personality traits you may prefer, but the only thing she cared about was her matches race. Did it fly under the radar because she's an air head?
'An American or Italian would have been fine aswell' lol what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take a stab and assume I'm one this is directed out.

1. I don't hate men.
2. Not "Andrew, Anthony etc". JUST Andrew and Anthony. As much as I didn't warm to Jonathan or Michael, I thought they were fairly honest and authentic. And I genuinely liked all the other blokes.
3. If you have no life, read back through this whole thread to see where many (including myself) have had cracks at Deb (she's a nutjob), Vanessa (who I personally didn't have much of an issue with, she was just clearly matched with the wrong partner), Sharon AND Michelle (who came across as fame whore bullies). Was never a Cheryl fan but I admire the way she stood up for herself. And if the rumours about Lauren's wedding night are true, I have no problem with her attitude towards Andrew.

So no hypocrisy here. I've probably made more comments about the chicks than I have the blokes. It just so happens that 2 of the mens' behaviour was much more appalling than all of the others put together. That you appear to think it was no big deal is totally your right. But that doesn't mean others won't call you out on it.

My crack is more at the show and the experts then people in this thread, I had cracks at people in this thread because for example you called me a women hater that isn't the case, my main point is the show just turned into a man bashing piece of crap that obviously was just trying to appeal to women as they didn't once call out the women in the final episode Deb got off extremely lightly imagine a bloke saying he wanted a small Thai women, would get smashed in the media.

I watched the whole season for the first time, I'm not usually a reality show type of person, I knew people who actually know John quite well so it got my interest have met him a few times nice guy.

John actually went to the producers and said he feels unsafe as Deb was mumbling under her breath the last couple days they were together how she wanted to kill him lol absolute nut.

It's funny the people on here who have said Andrew, Anthony etc were ******s but not a bad word about Deb, Vanessa, Michelle even the fake Cheryl and Lauren who left Andrew on his wedding night.

Your schtick is so clear it's not funny. Yep man-haters. Look at who you're defending and think about how that makes you look.

Sure Deb was nuts and Michelle was too scared to make a decision on Jesse but if you reckon they're on the same level of fk-baggery as Anthony and Jonesy you're only outing yourself to be the very sort of person you think you're rallying against.

My crack is more at the show and the experts then people in this thread, I had cracks at people in this thread because for example you called me a women hater that isn't the case, my main point is the show just turned into a man bashing piece of crap that obviously was just trying to appeal to women as they didn't once call out the women in the final episode Deb got off extremely lightly imagine a bloke saying he wanted a small Thai women, would get smashed in the media.

I watched the whole season for the first time, I'm not usually a reality show type of person, I knew people who actually know John quite well so it got my interest have met him a few times nice guy.

John actually went to the producers and said he feels unsafe as Deb was mumbling under her breath the last couple days they were together how she wanted to kill him lol absolute nut.
You might not be a woman hater, but reading your posts in the thread you certainly sound like one. Have a read back yourself.

Your schtick is so clear it's not funny. Yep man-haters. Look at who you're defending and think about how that makes you look.
Sure Deb was nuts and Michelle was too scared to make a decision on Jesse but if you reckon they're on the same level of fk-baggery as Anthony and Jonesy you're only outing yourself to be the very sort of person you think you're rallying against.

Where do I defend these blokes?

Not on the same level they need to atleast be consistent and call out all the couples let alot the women off, I had no issue on them taking Jonesy down he was a flog, Anthony I didn't mind to much problem is he is opinionated and loud will always rub people wrong way, he was pretty right in alot he said, I also couldn't stand Jonathan he was such an arrogant sook lost plot after Cheryl said she didn't find him attractive at first, big deal he just sooked up after that and gave Cheryl nothing.

Last edited:
How Debs race preferences have gone by without a mention from the experts, but Mr.Stripper gets called out for being a bit picky, is pretty baffling. Yeah have some physical and personality traits you may prefer, but the only thing she cared about was her matches race. Did it fly under the radar because she's an air head?
'An American or Italian would have been fine aswell' lol what.
In the ads Michael definitely copped it worse for his interview, but he didn't say 'sorry I asked for a woman with small ears' when he met Scarlett and it was laughed off fairly well in the recap episode. I think the show did a pretty good job of showing Deb whinging about asking for a Polynesian man, telling John she expected a Polynesian man and if they'd put an ad out they would have got 100 applicants for her. She looked like a nutcase.

You might not be a woman hater, but reading your posts in the thread you certainly sound like one. Have a read back yourself.

I just don't like one way bullshit if your going call out people do it to everyone, don't pick and choose as you have an agenda with your audience.

I just don't like one way bullshit if your going call out people do it to everyone, don't pick and choose as you have an agenda with your audience.
Seriously?

Deb was made to look like a total flog.
Runaway bride was put over the coals earlier in the season.
Vanessa, I have no idea why you're lumping her in. She didn't do anything wrong at all, tried to give it a crack as long as possible. Same as Cheryl really.

Your seeing it as some sort of targeted man-bashing while somehow forgetting that the two people that were the biggest flog bags just happened to be men. It wasn't about gender. Their own behaviour was always going to mean that they were the ones put under the microscope.

I think you have an agenda and are altering reality to make it fit.

Vanessa was bad I reckon. Couldn't get over herself long enough to realise Andy was nowhere near as bad as she made out.

Sent from mTalk

And kept telling Andy there was something wrong with him. Not that they are at different ends of the spectrum and need to meet in the middle, he was the one with the problem.

And kept telling Andy there was something wrong with him. Not that they are at different ends of the spectrum and need to meet in the middle, he was the one with the problem.

Yep.

She's really not fully matured yet. He definitely has.

Sent from mTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back