Multiplat Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically hit a wall after 50 hours and just mainlined the story for the last 25 hours. Ended up being largely frustrated with the amount of fetching and investigating and just wanted to end the game.

I still very much enjoyed it though and will definitely come back for another playthrough in a year or so once the DLC is out and they've cleaned the game up. It has some fantastic ideas and i genuinely believe the combat is the best in an RPG in years. Ultimately the bugs ruin the experience though as, has been mentioned before, you've got to step lightly with every quest as there's more than likely going to be a quest breaking bug at some point to ruin it. I ended up with a bunch of unfinished quests even after 1.3 which is a shame, not that i had much want to play them anymore anyway.

END GAME SPOILERS:

Game ended pretty abruptly as well which was strange but i loved the last few set piece battles, felt like a proper fight. I thought Radzig would turn out to be bad but that never eventuated, at least not yet. Probably won't get the DLC straight away when it drops and i'd personally prefer they clean the game up before then because this is a mess.

My save is currently 61 hours and starting to feel the same. I've had a blast, and still really enjoying it, but at the 50 hour mark I finally started fast travelling because I'm feeling like it's time to wrap things up. I'm sitting on about 4 or 5 broken quests that I can't finish and I looked up the main quests to see how far I am and I'm only about half way. Surely I'm nearly done with all the side quests anyway so I may not have any choice other than blitzing through the story.

What I've loved about this game is the way to finish a mission isn't always written down. You can open the journal and map and see what it tells you to do but you can be like "no way, I'm going to snitch this guy instead" or "I've got a hunch about something and I'm going to go there instead" and plenty of times that works. One quest was so fragile though that I told the NPC "I'll think about it" as I wanted to explore other options but upon returning to that NPC he never triggers the quest ever again. It's little things like that which really take the shine on an otherwise awesome experience.

My save is currently 61 hours and starting to feel the same. I've had a blast, and still really enjoying it, but at the 50 hour mark I finally started fast travelling because I'm feeling like it's time to wrap things up. I'm sitting on about 4 or 5 broken quests that I can't finish and I looked up the main quests to see how far I am and I'm only about half way. Surely I'm nearly done with all the side quests anyway so I may not have any choice other than blitzing through the story.

What I've loved about this game is the way to finish a mission isn't always written down. You can open the journal and map and see what it tells you to do but you can be like "no way, I'm going to snitch this guy instead" or "I've got a hunch about something and I'm going to go there instead" and plenty of times that works. One quest was so fragile though that I told the NPC "I'll think about it" as I wanted to explore other options but upon returning to that NPC he never triggers the quest ever again. It's little things like that which really take the shine on an otherwise awesome experience.

I've clocked up about 10-15 hours in game now and am absolutely loving it. Amazingly I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs yet (PS4).

The challenging nature of this game - from combat to in game choices - is so frustrating and addictive at the same time which gives this game a very unique feel among other titles.

Character wise I've wanted to treat Gunston jr as a chaotic neutral kinda guy. His parents are killed and while he feels very obligated to help the people effected by the cumans, he understands this world is unforgiving and not afraid to steal if he has to. He is open to hunting cumans and while he's still learning the ways of fighting, he feels he owes it to his family to cut the killers down where they stand despite his belief in God.

I just love the freedom in this game and actually love the fact saving is meaningful. It makes everything you do feel more important.

I'v spent so much time exploring I'm nowhere near as progressed as I expected, but have managed to get some nice armor kits and around 2000 dollars banked so am in good stead.

I've clocked up about 10-15 hours in game now and am absolutely loving it. Amazingly I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs yet (PS4).

The challenging nature of this game - from combat to in game choices - is so frustrating and addictive at the same time which gives this game a very unique feel among other titles.

Character wise I've wanted to treat Gunston jr as a chaotic neutral kinda guy. His parents are killed and while he feels very obligated to help the people effected by the cumans, he understands this world is unforgiving and not afraid to steal if he has to. He is open to hunting cumans and while he's still learning the ways of fighting, he feels he owes it to his family to cut the killers down where they stand despite his belief in God.

I just love the freedom in this game and actually love the fact saving is meaningful. It makes everything you do feel more important.

I'v spent so much time exploring I'm nowhere near as progressed as I expected, but have managed to get some nice armor kits and around 2000 dollars banked so am in good stead.

Early on there was the option not to do anything morally corrupt and I thought it was pretty cool to have the ability to role play a Christian struggling with his faith in a world where it’s every man for himself and when the threat of the east brought the old crusades to Bohemia’s doorstep. Unfortunately later on in the game you don’t really get the choice. I had to rethink my RP to suit and now my Henry enjoys the sport of stealing. To make up for it he never takes rewards from quests involving crooked actions.

I was the same regarding saving for a long time :D. Unfortunately had a lot of stability issues on PC so I had to mod the game to save a bit more. Later on though I started save scumming due to the many broken quests and needing to go back.

Early on there was the option not to do anything morally corrupt and I thought it was pretty cool to have the ability to role play a Christian struggling with his faith in a world where it’s every man for himself and when the threat of the east brought the old crusades to Bohemia’s doorstep. Unfortunately later on in the game you don’t really get the choice. I had to rethink my RP to suit and now my Henry enjoys the sport of stealing. To make up for it he never takes rewards from quests involving crooked actions.

I was the same regarding saving for a long time :D. Unfortunately had a lot of stability issues on PC so I had to mod the game to save a bit more. Later on though I started save scumming due to the many broken quests and needing to go back.

I do quite enjoy knocking people out then looting them. Only kill bad people ;)

I've finally hit a broken/bugged quest - the queen of sheba's sword.

If you dont get one particular Rattay beggar a job early in your Rattay experience, you cant get a sword shard from him, that is one of 5 to complete the above quest. I have tried pickpocketing him and knocking out/killing and looting him, but he doesn't have it on him.

I'm not sure if this is another bug or not, but the Miller near Ledetchko wanted me to steal a horse from the Mejohed stables, so I did and returned it for reward but I still have the quest. Is it a bug or he just wants another horse?

I've finally hit a broken/bugged quest - the queen of sheba's sword.

If you dont get one particular Rattay beggar a job early in your Rattay experience, you cant get a sword shard from him, that is one of 5 to complete the above quest. I have tried pickpocketing him and knocking out/killing and looting him, but he doesn't have it on him.

I'm not sure if this is another bug or not, but the Miller near Ledetchko wanted me to steal a horse from the Mejohed stables, so I did and returned it for reward but I still have the quest. Is it a bug or he just wants another horse?

The Sheba sword one is bugged for me too. I gave Pickman the job but because I wasn’t being a jerk about it by asking what’s in it for me he never gave me the shard even if I talk to him now. My other bugged ones are A Woman Scorned, Masquerade and possibly the horse theft one. Some other bugged out and failed some how later on so at least they aren’t clogging my journal. Others that bugged I just reloaded and did it differently. Off the top of my head these were Wolf in Sheeps Clothing, Damsel in Distress/All that glistens (main quest) and Charlatan. I’ll put the descriptions in spoilers for obvious reasons.

A woman scorned - I did everything she wanted, no where to be found. I checked the location of her ex husband where I was pinching the stuff from and it looks like she killed him and his new missus. Google says I should talk to Andrew the innkeeper but he’s got nothing.

Masquerade - Matthew and Fritz want to turn road bandits and need to talk to Andrew. I followed him to the cellar of the inn but said I’d think about it. I wanted to see if I could snitch on Matthew and Fritz. I don’t think I can so I went back and now when Andrew tells me to follow him to the basement he has no more dialogue to continue the quest (I guess just accept the quest and don’t stall like me).

Horse theft from Mejohjed - I have already completed the Pestilence side quest and associate main quest so the town pretty much has no livestock left. No idea if the horses respawn.

Wolf in sheeps clothing - I ran out of dialogue options with the townspeople in Talmberg. It kept telling me to talk to them, even to talk to certain people but after telling me everything no further objectives trigger. This is tied to the other side mission Hare Hunt, completing that one auto fails the other quest.

Damsel in Distress / All the glistens - All that glistens is the main quest, Damsel is an associate side quest at very nearby locations. I was afraid doing Damsel first might alert or impact the main mission so I competed that first. After doing this then Damsel I left a bandit alive and talked to him and as usual all of his dialogue was related to the main mission and it actually entirely failed one main mission (the red and yellow shield one). Unsure of the ramifications I reloaded and just killed every bandit without talking to them and then rescued the girl.

Charlatan - getting the death shroud. I passed all the speech checks for the son to let me take the shroud but he would always run and call out to the guards when I took it. Instead had to get info from a lady at the tavern to convince the son I was his cousin and to let me pay respects in peace so I could steal the shroud.

Wow - dont think I've even got near any of those quests.... Probably spent too much time reading and alchemising! At least I can autobrew triple saviour schnaps at once so dont have to worry about crashing too much anymore.

Thanks for the anti-bug hints!

Here it is. Looking through there were some more that bugged out for me too like Saintly Remains as described. That was one I had to replay because otherwise it could have broken all of Sasau for me. Luckily none are really massive main quest spoilers but I found it worth while looking to see if I was on any of the quests listed and made sure to have a save right before I started. That way if it bugged out or felt like it didn't play properly then I would check the spoiler to see if it was a way I should have done it instead.

www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/80t790/a_list_of_all_of_the_broken_quests_in_the_game/

According to David Vávra’s Twitter, 1.3 for consoles is still awaiting certification (if not already) and 1.3.4 for PCs shortly which will add random encounters back in. I didn’t realise they were removed but that would explain why I haven’t seen the Wayfaring Knight in a while. 1.4 should be another week later.

Reading down further through his stuff (he posts a lot!) it looks like he has bit back at some of the places like Polygon and ResetEra who seem to be on a crusade against him and the game.

Seems like a pretty cool dude though and likes the same bands that I do :D

According to David Vávra’s Twitter, 1.3 for consoles is still awaiting certification
Guarantee they are waiting til the 22nd so its after all the Indonesian accounts have had the game taken off them.

According to David Vávra’s Twitter, 1.3 for consoles is still awaiting certification (if not already) and 1.3.4 for PCs shortly which will add random encounters back in. I didn’t realise they were removed but that would explain why I haven’t seen the Wayfaring Knight in a while. 1.4 should be another week later.

Reading down further through his stuff (he posts a lot!) it looks like he has bit back at some of the places like Polygon and ResetEra who seem to be on a crusade against him and the game.

Seems like a pretty cool dude though and likes the same bands that I do :D

He was a pretty strong supporter of gamergate which is why a lot of big game reviewers haven't even mentioned the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a pretty strong supporter of gamergate which is why a lot of big game reviewers haven't even mentioned the game.

There is much more to it than that from what I can gather. I’ve been following it for a little while but BigFooty probably isn’t the best place to bring it up and I don’t want to get into Gamergate. Waypoint, Metro and Polygon (and probably others) criticised the game for its lack of diversity, then accused Vávra of being a racist when he said it was because it’s meant to be a historical game and there is no evidence of PoC (did I get it right?) in 15th century Bohemia. Since then Polygon have tried to attack him from every angle they can, even going as far as making up things like writing that Warhorse have reneged stretch goals they promised backers. They’ve been forced to amend the statements since. I guess he lawyered up. Some of the journalists involved in Gamergate are taking out their personal vendetta against him over past grievances and ResetEra even started banning people for praising the game.

David and Warhorse are the ones laughing in end though after the game sold over 1 million in the first two weeks.

There is much more to it than that from what I can gather. I’ve been following it for a little while but BigFooty probably isn’t the best place to bring it up and I don’t want to get into Gamergate. Waypoint, Metro and Polygon (and probably others) criticised the game for its lack of diversity, then accused Vávra of being a racist when he said it was because it’s meant to be a historical game and there is no evidence of PoC (did I get it right?) in 15th century Bohemia. Since then Polygon have tried to attack him from every angle they can, even going as far as making up things like writing that Warhorse have reneged stretch goals they promised backers. They’ve been forced to amend the statements since. I guess he lawyered up. Some of the journalists involved in Gamergate are taking out their personal vendetta against him over past grievances and ResetEra even started banning people for praising the game.

David and Warhorse are the ones laughing in end though after the game sold over 1 million in the first two weeks.

Man wouldn't it be nice to keep politics out of video games.

The only game 'journalists' i follow are Giant Bomb and they've gone as far as to not make a single mention of the game anywhere on their site, which is very strange.

Man wouldn't it be nice to keep politics out of video games.

The only game 'journalists' i follow are Giant Bomb and they've gone as far as to not make a single mention of the game anywhere on their site, which is very strange.

It sure would! They have no place in games imo. Politics divide, when gaming is something that should bring lots of people together. Once politics get involved, whether it’s the game itself or in this case a large group of journalists, all it does is unfairly alienate a whole bunch of people. I think journalists have an obligation to objective journalism regardless of what they think of individuals involve and ostracising them for the wrong group think. A silent protest by ignoring I guess is harmless but Polygon have been pretty pathetic on this one. I’ve known the previous editor of a large gaming mag for years and he said this attitude unfortunately is growing though in the current climate.

How do you check your hours? I’ve been so busy lately that I just haven’t had time to play, and it’s kinda annoying because State of Decay 2 is coming out and so is Sea of thieves and FarCry 5, need to get a wriggle on!!!

How do you check your hours? I’ve been so busy lately that I just haven’t had time to play, and it’s kinda annoying because State of Decay 2 is coming out and so is Sea of thieves and FarCry 5, need to get a wriggle on!!!

I just used my Steam played time but I think there is text under each save that tells you the date and time of the save as well as game time.

Bugs like this would be amusing if not for the fact I have to follow this guy to progress a quest

kcqZ5g6.jpg

Bugs like this would be amusing if not for the fact I have to follow this guy to progress a quest

kcqZ5g6.jpg

Not sure it will help you with that but I found whenever dodgy path finding got an NPC I was following stuck then bringing up quest log for a bit then closing would fix it. Only catch was they would often warp to their destination.

I had a few silly glitches like that in my last 10 that I finally decided I would record. I’ll go through them tomorrow and might upload them to some Benny Hill music.

There’s a side quest that I can’t complete, think it’s the one where you have to kill the bandit leader, I’ve been there and killed like 4 bandits but obviously not the leader, and now when I go back there there’s no bandits..!

Also saw a NPC about 100ft in the air walking in Rattay when I was playing last night hahaha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back