Multiplat Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Remove this Banner Ad

******* Runt fight, reckon I tried it about 30 times the other day

Then realised I never learned Riposte or combos so loaded an old save went and learnt all that s**t and redid the quest killed him easy first try....:mad:

******* Runt fight, reckon I tried it about 30 times the other day

Then realised I never learned Riposte or combos so loaded an old save went and learnt all that s**t and redid the quest killed him easy first try....:mad:
Yeah thats where I'm up 2... think I'm going to do the same thing.

I downloaded the DLC over the weekend but didn't get a chance to play it. Expecting it to be a bit of a learning curve trying to remember the fight mechanics. Maybe I'll go track down Kunesh and use him for practice. :p

Dumb as * monastery quest. Couldn't be assed figuring out the correct way to get out.

killed pious by punching him to death and when the guards came punched one of them went to jail for 8 days. Freedom! finished in 10 minutes also made heaps of cash in pribislavitz :p

Dumb as **** monastery quest. Couldn't be assed figuring out the correct way to get out.

killed pious by punching him to death and when the guards came punched one of them went to jail for 8 days. Freedom! finished in 10 minutes also made heaps of cash in pribislavitz :p

Great concept really but I think it was the worst part of the game. I would have preferred if I were allowed to save so I could experiment doing different things but in the end I just wanted to get out.

Haha yeah the monastery mission was my least favourite as well. Think the devs added it in to add some hours to the main story and to incorporate some of the game mechanics like alchemy and reading. Reminded me of the fade sequence in Dragon Age.

The transcribing part was pretty funny, probably my favourite part - not as good as when you need to deliver the sermon while hungover but fudging it and then presenting the finished work and getting told it's completely wrong was quite humourous.

I just didn’t like the no save and insta-fail aspect of it. I had a save just before it and after failing a few times and wanting to play it out completely I admit I looked up a guide.

After completing a day or two of tasks to keep the priests off my back and also to complete all the investigations I then snuck into the larder and just passed time in there until it was time to make a break and fake the dude’s death.

The odd thing is the whole premise of the quest is because Radzig tells you that the law has no jurisdiction over religion and that relations are tense so you need to sneak in.

so you sneak in and kill the ******* dude and whats the first thing they do, call the town guards to investigate....... it makes no sense given the backstory. I broke in later and murdered them all in their sleep for pissing me off, the 8 days in jail for punching the guard did me well in regards to my coffers in Pribislavitz at least.

Every time I think i'm almost done in this game they throw more quests in to extend it.

The reveal that Radzig is your dad is the most contrived bullshit ever as well, i'm up to building the trebuchet now. I have heard a lot of people don't like the ending and that the third act was cut from the game due to release date constraints

Last edited:
what a hamfisted pile of s**t the end of this game is

Besides the 'dad' reveal being the most cliched bullshit ever I wouldn't have any issues with the game ending with the siege and Henry and Radzig riding off together that would be a nice way to end it, but when you ******* have a quest called vengeance literally the entire ******* game and it never gets finished that's just lazy. I get that they had to cut the third act due to time constraints or some bullshit but ******* remove or change the quest if that's the case

what a hamfisted pile of s**t the end of this game is

Besides the 'dad' reveal being the most cliched bullshit ever I wouldn't have any issues with the game ending with the siege and Henry and Radzig riding off together that would be a nice way to end it, but when you ******* have a quest called vengeance literally the entire ******* game and it never gets finished that's just lazy. I get that they had to cut the third act due to time constraints or some bullshit but ******* remove or change the quest if that's the case

I was expecting that to be a quest too actually. When it wasn’t and it just ended with me standing at the camp I was like wwwwwwwttfffff?? Given the development of the game it’s not surprising but still they could have done something else. At least it ended with a Master’s Hammer tune which if you’re into metal that’s pretty awesome.

I was expecting that to be a quest too actually. When it wasn’t and it just ended with me standing at the camp I was like wwwwwwwttfffff?? Given the development of the game it’s not surprising but still they could have done something else. At least it ended with a Master’s Hammer tune which if you’re into metal that’s pretty awesome.

That was as good a place as any to end but just remove the quest that has no possible resolution

The game was originally crowd funded wasn't it? Maybe they didn't expect it would get to the point where multiple games could be a viable option for them and then wanted to keep the possibility open.

Agree the ending was a bit 'wtf' - though I guess they are (hopefully) looking to continue the story later on with a sequel presumably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game was originally crowd funded wasn't it? Maybe they didn't expect it would get to the point where multiple games could be a viable option for them and then wanted to keep the possibility open.

Agree the ending was a bit 'wtf' - though I guess they are (hopefully) looking to continue the story later on with a sequel presumably.

Most likely DLC

but a fully fleshed KCD:2 where you can carry over your character from number 1 would be good

I think my favourite thing, I was doing the quest to get the skalitz priest back

Go find him in the woods and the guys holding him hostage

"Henrys come to see us"

talk to them

"who the * are you and what are you doing here"

I'm Henry mate you literally just said my name :p

There plan is for the story to continue over 3 games... from what I read

Both crowd funded as well as landed a large millionaire backer. Just from memory off the top of my head and without fact checking (so I could be way off) it was originally dreamed up by 2K Czech, but that went bust and Daniel Vavra, the producer took it with him and slowly worked on it (with I assume some other ex 2K Czech staff) over the years and surviving off crowd funding. They started with a modified CryEngine which meant after they had put so much work in with their limited resources they couldn't really move the project over to an updated CryEngine years later and I credit this to lots of the performance and optimisation issues. Certain systems and most likely even missions have probably been in the build from really early and they had to work around them all as they built on top over the years and this is probably why the game is very disjointed.

Once they got the sugar daddy to back them and found Warhorse Studios they basically consolidated what they had, polished it to a release-worthy state and put it out. As rough around the edges as it is, it still sold really well so at least they will be able to have a proper, uninterrupted crack at the next one whether that's an expansion or a sequel.

There plan is for the story to continue over 3 games... from what I read

That was the original plan but parts one and two became the current KCD and part 3 will apparently be KCD2

Dumb as **** monastery quest. Couldn't be assed figuring out the correct way to get out.

killed pious by punching him to death and when the guards came punched one of them went to jail for 8 days. Freedom! finished in 10 minutes also made heaps of cash in pribislavitz
Great stuff mate. This is where I'm up to and I had no idea how to pass this quest. Haven't played for a while but I will pick it back up once I'm done with God of War.

I'm 20 odd hours into this and I like it. Everything you do is extremely slow, but I love the world so I can deal with the slowness of everything. Horse riding in woody areas is annoying and * trying to jump out of a little creek. Oh and I still cant lock pick anything. Meh. Theresa is hot. She makes it worth it.

I’m not sure all of the performance issues have been/can be fixed but it was mostly plagued by broken quests early on. I believe most of, if not all have been addressed. Lockpicking UI had been updated too as it was a complaint of many.

Definitely worth it though for anyone into RPGs. The game is rooted deep in Czech history and to get the most out of it I’d defintely recommend taking 15 minutes to quickly look up the Bohemian reformation and Jan Hus to get a feel for the setting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back