Multiplat Kingdom Hearts III

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
they can drag a little bit but it gets alot better. update got passed toy story didnt enjoy it as much as the other worlds, but now im in the Frozen world and not liking that at all. game is still ok just not enjoying those particular worlds though the heartless are getting a bit harder to defeat. Im hoping the monsters inc is a bit better I knew should of gone there first

Jan 3, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
they can drag a little bit but it gets alot better. update got passed toy story didnt enjoy it as much as the other worlds, but now im in the Frozen world and not liking that at all. game is still ok just not enjoying those particular worlds though the heartless are getting a bit harder to defeat. Im hoping the monsters inc is a bit better I knew should of gone there first
Monsters inc and frozen are my least favorite.
Pirates of the Caribbean world is good

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Just got it, hopefully I enjoy it.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
I loved this game for all of its faults. It feels weird that I've almost doubled in aged from when I first played KH2 to when I started KH3 so there was a weird sort of feeling running throughout for me that wouldn't be present for anyone picking this up as their first entry in the series or having recently played through the games.

Them leaning on more recent properties kept the game feeling really fresh as well to me and I even enjoyed the cutscene to gameplay mix given I was actually invested in this and found it kinda cohesive until the end.

But I kinda want Square to make a full game for each of the worlds here because they all look insane!

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
So far my thoughts are:

Game feels very modern and the opening cutscene with the Skrillex song is fitting and prepares for that change.

Game looks really good and the worlds are so much bigger this time, plus there are actual npcs that make the worlds feel alive.

No more switching out party memebers is a godsend.

Combat is good but Disney rides are unnecessary. You’re given enough options without them and they just look out of place. Would have liked to able to duel wield in a form as well.

I don’t really like the look of the other keyblades, they look too ridiculous for mine. So being able to upgrade the kingdom key and use that the whole game is a nice touch. Hopefully you get the Oathkeeper or Oblivion later.

Cutscenes are too slow, there shouldn’t be a 2 second pause after every sentence. It just ruins the flow of the scene. Chip and Dale can also just * off. Dora also bland on about the heart and friends too much but that was expected.

Disney worlds aren’t tied into the story very well. You show up just cause and the bad bad guys watch just in case. The organisation members don’t do anything other than insult you really.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Just playing this now, having only played I and II years ago. I reckon even with playing all the others, it would be a confusing storyline.

Still reckon this rates as the most confusing, convoluted and ridiculously hard to follow plot storyline of any game franchise Ive played. I'm really just here for the Disney & Square Enix nostalgia.

Too many long cut scenes early, and the special abilities are way too frequent and overdone in combat.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The story being a mess is really putting me off.

I haven't played KH1 since I was about 10 years old and loved it. But can't for the life of me remember the story.

Seeing some people who have kept up with the series that still don't understand the story really gives me no chance as I'm a nuffy when it comes to following tricky stories.

Also one of the things that has put me off ever playing a Metal Gear Solid game.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I never played the first two but decided to give this a whirl as was on Xbox Game pass.

At first i enjoyed the game even if i didn't understand what the hell was going on with the storyline but after the Caribbean world it was terrible! The end world/boss section was sooooo repetitive with the boss's just being a button smasher. I had to skip all the clips as it was boring!

Are the previous two worth playing?

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I never played the first two but decided to give this a whirl as was on Xbox Game pass.

At first i enjoyed the game even if i didn't understand what the hell was going on with the storyline but after the Caribbean world it was terrible! The end world/boss section was sooooo repetitive with the boss's just being a button smasher. I had to skip all the clips as it was boring!

Yeah they are, Kingdom Hearts II is my all time favourite PS2 game. It's top notch

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

The first two are better imo. The first had the most followable storyline, before they introduced all the nobody stuff that makes no sense.

I thought II had the best gameplay, with I the best storyline.

III the cut scenes were too long for a storyline that by this point makes no sense.

Back