Competition Kit of the Week Rd 12

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco — West Ham
OK here we go.

As I said i put these in Cooper Sport templates, based on the Ford Ranger Cup shirts.

Western Warriors

First two based on two former SoO jumpers, home incorporates the famous 1978-90 WA sash into the sword of the warrior. Away is a WACA-logo version of the 95-98 strip, which was worn with white shorts and black socks. The clash jumper, to be worn against Richmond and West Coast, is a culmination of a few factors. Firstly, its red because of Retravision, and the fact that it was a secondary colour in the days of the Mercantile Mutual Cup (remember the stripes?). The "flame" design that you may recognise from the WA Twenty20 shirt is actually the hair of the warrior man in the logo. It creates a flame effect when used like the Adelaide clash of the last 2 years.

Southern Redbacks

Home is clearly a take-off the SA SoO jumper, as well as the incoming Port "Back in Black" strip. The away "West End" jumper is representation of the SA brewery's logo, replicating the Port home guernsey with the redback's legs replacing the "SBS" graphic. A clash is obviously needed against Essendon and St Kilda, so I thought why not use the colour that the Saints wore as a clash jumper (the Pura Milk sponsored one), as well as the colour that features on the woolen jumpers the Redbacks wear in the Sheffield Sheild - yellow. Got inspiration from the Crows current away guernsey, whilst having that "red back", LeeARM. It looked crap with white shorts, so I made them yellow also.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I like them, Smeagle. I see you had issues finding a Redbacks logo too. I also feel like you're implying that the Redbacks are taking over Port in this (I saw it that way too, seems the most logical situation).
I also liked how you bothered to make a Cooper template. Some day you need to post them all. Probably on the same day that there's a Footy Jumpers Board.

23Legend

All Australian
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wonders, Lakers, Double Blues, SA
really cool smeagle, can you put the cooper sport template up for me

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco — West Ham
Wow this takes me back. Almost a year ago - we didnt have our board, KOTW entries were 10 at max, no resized images (though they are here)... and I still entered late :p

If I can say so, this was one of my favourite weeks.
Actually heading off to the cricket soon (Vic v WA)... looks like they're stuck with my template this year :D

Here you go mate:

Omegaville

Club Legend
May 8, 2010
Croydon
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg FC, Melb Vixens, Renegades
In Perth - WACA Ground. Am watching it on TV at the mo. WA in a bit of trouble :)

23Legend

All Australian
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wonders, Lakers, Double Blues, SA
Wow this takes me back. Almost a year ago - we didnt have our board, KOTW entries were 10 at max, no resized images (though they are here)... and I still entered late :p

If I can say so, this was one of my favourite weeks.
Actually heading off to the cricket soon (Vic v WA)... looks like they're stuck with my template this year :D

Here you go mate:

thanx

The Redbacks are cming back!!!!!!!!!

Back