Cancelled
Dec 16, 2008
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Chicago Bears
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my injuries.

Just a quick background, im 23, reasonably fit, been playing football since I was 11, and don't do any physical work for a job.

Over the last 2 - 3 years i have had an increase in soreness in and around my kneecaps. I find when I land on the points of my kneecaps, I feel excruiciating pain, which afterwards ususally ends up with swelled kneecaps. (possibly bursatis?)

I would usually be sitting in the car etc, and start to get an uncomfortable throbbing from my knee, which the only way to make it feel better is to stretch it out.

I started wearing a patella strap, which gave my knee extra support, and I had seen a huge improvement.

However once I feel like my knee is back to normal, I get a knock on it, or someone's knee pokes into mine, and it goes back to the original pain, instantly not being able to walk on it, with about 5 mins passing before i can walk on it again.

I know that there is probably a bursar issue at play here, but also wondering if there is something else? As my knee's just seem so tender and easily hurt.

I have since had lower back/upper hamstring issues, which i have been doing pilates to try and fix.

Anyone that possibly knows what it is, i would appreciate all feedback.

Cheers

CT

patella tendonitis? usually hurts between the middle of the kneecap and the top of the lower leg. If you push in around here with the leg straight and relaxed it should hurt.

look forward to the cricket season mate, have the same myself and only really rest will ease your ache. tape will get you through, and your back/hammy issues are because you are catering to your knees. hehehe just wait til your 40!

patella tendonitis? usually hurts between the middle of the kneecap and the top of the lower leg. If you push in around here with the leg straight and relaxed it should hurt.
Possibly tendonitis with some sclerosis under the knee as well - MRI would show if there is any extra bone growth or calcification of the cartiledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back