Draft Watcher Knightmare 2020 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think clubs will retire players early to open up spots for the MSD, I could easily see the Blues asking Eddie Betts to retire mid season if they had their eye on someone..

I can definitely see that happening. I'm not going to suggest the mid season draft will be rich on that level where there will be some great urgency, where it would be to a far greater extent than normal, but I do think this year and in future seasons there will be a bit of this if it's clear the veteran won't be contributing again for the club at the senior level.

Knightmare what are your thoughts on Josh Treacy at Freo? He slid to pick 7 in the RD on the back of no football in 2020 in vic obviously, but a lot of freo fans are thinking he would have been taken in the main draft if it had been a normal year, given what he’s shown so far this pre season. Honestly, if we’d taken a KPF with pick 25 and he had shown up like Treacy has so far in the preseason, you’d be more than happy. What do you reckon? Could we have nabbed a Covid slider in the rookie draft?

Knightmare what are your thoughts on Josh Treacy at Freo? He slid to pick 7 in the RD on the back of no football in 2020 in vic obviously, but a lot of freo fans are thinking he would have been taken in the main draft if it had been a normal year, given what he’s shown so far this pre season. Honestly, if we’d taken a KPF with pick 25 and he had shown up like Treacy has so far in the preseason, you’d be more than happy. What do you reckon? Could we have nabbed a Covid slider in the rookie draft?

Treacy as a junior was a strong body and strong contested mark with an advanced game for his age and an aggressive play style. Sounds like his progression has been strong which is promising.

He's not going to have an immediate impact even if he's thrown in, but I'm definitely not going to dismiss his chances of being a long term piece. With talls it's all about that rate of improvement and whether year on year he continues improving. So we'll know in a few years whether he's a piece based on that rate of progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back