Draft Watcher Knightmare 2020 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the combination of Baldwin and Callow work in the same team?

There are different ways they can work out.

Callow can play key forward or key defence.

Baldwin the hope would be could push up the field beyond just playing forward.

So I don't see why not.

Hi mate, did you give the tassie state league finals a watch at all? Young fella Isaac Chugg who has been touted as A possible rookie selection would have done himself no harm. Not huge stats I wouldn’t imagine but showed some real dash off half back and has a bit of mongrel in him. Is also an elite endurance athlete.

Hi mate, did you give the tassie state league finals a watch at all? Young fella Isaac Chugg who has been touted as A possible rookie selection would have done himself no harm. Not huge stats I wouldn’t imagine but showed some real dash off half back and has a bit of mongrel in him. Is also an elite endurance athlete.

I've been enjoying the TSL finals and have enjoyed the coverage.

Chugg is an interesting project player. Can run with it and intercept. Not much of an accumulator and probably doesn't have the frequency of good moments I'd be looking for at this stage. He's someone I'd like to see another year of development from and to see become a more consistent accumulator.

For me the measuring stick game and the one I studied closest was the U18 All-Star game, and Chugg while he had a couple of moments I didn't think was one of the better players.

Callow, Davis, Collins, Reardan, Tilley, Holmes, Sanders and McInor are those Tasmanian's I've liked to varying extents from my viewings. The first three of those I feel should get drafted while Reardan and Tilley are two I feel like have a lot of scope to improve. While the likes of Holmes, Sanders and McInor are also in their own ways interesting. Maybe Holmes as a key defender can be good given how powerful of a contested mark he is. McInor can crumb and hit the scoreboard and Sanders really can use the footy.

I've been enjoying the TSL finals and have enjoyed the coverage.

Chugg is an interesting project player. Can run with it and intercept. Not much of an accumulator and probably doesn't have the frequency of good moments I'd be looking for at this stage. He's someone I'd like to see another year of development from and to see become a more consistent accumulator.

For me the measuring stick game and the one I studied closest was the U18 All-Star game, and Chugg while he had a couple of moments I didn't think was one of the better players.

Callow, Davis, Collins, Reardan, Tilley, Holmes, Sanders and McInor are those Tasmanian's I've liked to varying extents from my viewings. The first three of those I feel should get drafted while Reardan and Tilley are two I feel like have a lot of scope to improve. While the likes of Holmes, Sanders and McInor are also in their own ways interesting. Maybe Holmes as a key defender can be good given how powerful of a contested mark he is. McInor can crumb and hit the scoreboard and Sanders really can use the footy.
Cheers for the feedback mate, yeah I tend to agree with your comments regarding Chugg to see what he can do in a full season from a back flank/wing, I know the coach Mitch Thorp rates him highly as a long term prospect, I would be interested to see if any mainland state league clubs come calling.

Hey KM,

can I just ask how likely it is that Will Phillips to be available at GC's pick.

Isn't it hard to see North/Hawthorn overlooking Phillips assuming Mcdonald goes to Adelaide?

Hey KM,

can I just ask how likely it is that Will Phillips to be available at GC's pick.

Isn't it hard to see North/Hawthorn overlooking Phillips assuming Mcdonald goes to Adelaide?

Whether Brad Crouch goes and for enough for Adelaide to get pick 2 as compensation may matter.

Adel/NM should absorb McDonald/Thilthorpe in some order. Hollands and DGB are probably those next two in some order. That leaves Phillips. If Adelaide have that extra pick, then Phillips is probably that next guy chosen. *I'm working under the assumption WBD and Syd don't change anything much with JUH to go somewhere in that range and Campbell I'm assuming after the Sydney first pick.

If Phillips isn't going to be there, I wouldn't be coveting the pick and would prefer to keep Treloar, as I'm not seeing anything like Treloar and 1st round pick getting a say Lukosius, as much as incredible as a trade like that would be.

Hey KM how low do you see Thilthorpe falling? Could he get to pick 7 or 8 in your view?

Hey KM how low do you see Thilthorpe falling? Could he get to pick 7 or 8 in your view?

Thilthorpe I'm expecting goes either pick 1 or 2 to either Adelaide or North Melbourne. Sydney, Hawthorn, Gold Coast, they could all do with a young, high quality key forward and one of those would surely take him if he slipped past those first two picks for whatever reason.

i'd be a lil worried over Thilthorpe as he's had Groin injuries, could be another Daniher in the making. im tipping that Logan MacDonald to go as the 1 or 2nd Pic.

i'd be a lil worried over Thilthorpe as he's had Groin injuries, could be another Daniher in the making. im tipping that Logan MacDonald to go as the 1 or 2nd Pic.

McDonald is my pick at the moment also.

Phantom draft to come after the trade period, but McDonald has familiarity and comfort with SA/Adelaide, and he'd be travelling interstate anyway, so if Adelaide took him I expect he'd be comfortable with that. Beyond simply being the better footballer.

KM, what’s your understanding of what happens if a team spends all their draft points, but hasn’t made the required three draft picks? If we spend our whole draft hand on Jamarra and go into deficit, do we end up with a junk time pick or two so we can draft the requisite number of players? Or would we have to trade back in?

Thilthorpe I'm expecting goes either pick 1 or 2 to either Adelaide or North Melbourne. Sydney, Hawthorn, Gold Coast, they could all do with a young, high quality key forward and one of those would surely take him if he slipped past those first two picks for whatever reason.

Based on that do you think it’s likely that Hollands would be there at the Swan’s pick? They would take him over DGB or Phillips, right?

Btw, I’ve been really enjoying the YouTube videos you’ve been putting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on that do you think it’s likely that Hollands would be there at the Swan’s pick? They would take him over DGB or Phillips, right?

I've heard swans are keen on dgb

KM, what’s your understanding of what happens if a team spends all their draft points, but hasn’t made the required three draft picks? If we spend our whole draft hand on Jamarra and go into deficit, do we end up with a junk time pick or two so we can draft the requisite number of players? Or would we have to trade back in?
You just have to take a couple of late picks/upgrades.

Dogs I think will get some more picks so I don't think that will be an issue. The Dogs will be keenly aware in advance/already. I'm expecting Essendon to get aggressive and make after perhaps a few early feeble attempts to go big on an offer for Dunkley, and with the surplus of inside mids the Dogs have, it allows the Dogs to have enough picks firstly, but also allows for other pressing list needs to be addressed importantly.

The other solution for clubs is to promote rookies, as clubs can promote rookies which allows clubs to take less than 3 in the national draft. So the Dogs won't have to take 3 in the draft.

Thanks for the kind words about my YouTube videos. It's yet another passion project for me, but an opportunity for me to talk about some things or add a little bit extra beyond what I simply put together for ESPN.

Unless Crouch goes and Adelaide get compensation = pick 2, Hollands, DGB and Phillips should all be available to the Swans at 3. I think it will be out of Hollands/DGB. Sydney have needs for both, but so that I'm not being a fence sitter, if I'm to guess today DGB may be the guy.

ss Crouch goes and Adelaide get compensation = pick 2, Hollands, DGB and Phillips should all be available to the Swans at 3. I think it will be out of Holland
Hi KM, which club in their right mind would give Crouch an offer triggering band one ? Have you heard anything to suggest it may happen? Teams seem to be dropping out rather than joining the bidding... I openly admit to me he's a limited player and one I'd not consider on that level given his skill set and durability.
What's your thought on Tanner Bruhn. Is he a top 5 talent ? Who do you see him being taken by in the draft?

Hi KM, which club in their right mind would give Crouch an offer triggering band one ? Have you heard anything to suggest it may happen? Teams seem to be dropping out rather than joining the bidding... I openly admit to me he's a limited player and one I'd not consider on that level given his skill set and durability.
What's your thought on Tanner Bruhn. Is he a top 5 talent ? Who do you see him being taken by in the draft?

There was that talk previously before his recent incident of Crouch = pick 2 compensation, but following that seemed to die down and common sense appears to be prevailing. Particularly given he turns 27 in January and has yet to play 100 career games.

Bruhn in my September power rankings I rate at 5. He's suitable for selection around pick 5 in my view. Around Essendon's pick 6 I can see Bruhn dropping to guess at this stage.

Hey KM,

I’m hoping Hawthorn can try and trade up and get another top 10 pick and try and draft Hollands with Phillips/Bruhn and completely bolster our midfield for the future

What’s the odds Of us getting this done without giving up any of our elite guys like Gunston and Breust

Hey KM,

I’m hoping Hawthorn can try and trade up and get another top 10 pick and try and draft Hollands with Phillips/Bruhn and completely bolster our midfield for the future

What’s the odds Of us getting this done without giving up any of our elite guys like Gunston and Breust

Something serious needs trading to get another top-10 pick in any draft. I can't see Hawthorn giving up that calibre of player. I'm thinking Hawthorn are expecting to contend for a top-8 position and I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few more established players are added (albeit on the cheap).
The only sort of move that might come close is if eg. Essendon get a few top-10 picks and they're desperate to move up, then the Hawthorn pick moves back. So that might be something like pick 4, 21 and a player for picks 6 and 7, if Essendon are feeling generous as a sort of template for a way to get x2 inside the top-10.

Connor Downie is a nice piece and will be a second nice player from this draft, so I think Hawthorn will be satisfied with he and one top-10 pick.

Hi KM - Thoughts on Xavier Maher from Murray? Looks a real goer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've liked him every game I've watched. You feel his impact each time he gets his hands on it.

Not a high production player which surprises me when looking at his stats and going off the eye test. He displays a nice combination of burst of speed and composure and lowers his eyes and hits those i50 targets. He's someone where if he can become a higher volume ball winner, he could develop into a good footballer.

Hey, What do you think would be better for Hawthorn - picking up Hollands with pick 4 or working a deal to trade that pick for two other players of Perkin's and O.Henry alongside Downie.

Something serious needs trading to get another top-10 pick in any draft. I can't see Hawthorn giving up that calibre of player. I'm thinking Hawthorn are expecting to contend for a top-8 position and I wouldn't be at all surprised if a few more established players are added (albeit on the cheap).
The only sort of move that might come close is if eg. Essendon get a few top-10 picks and they're desperate to move up, then the Hawthorn pick moves back. So that might be something like pick 4, 21 and a player for picks 6 and 7, if Essendon are feeling generous as a sort of template for a way to get x2 inside the top-10.

Connor Downie is a nice piece and will be a second nice player from this draft, so I think Hawthorn will be satisfied with he and one top-10 pick.
Hawthorn a top 8 side? Seriously? They are bottom 4 with one of the oldest lists in the comp and very few decent players u23 apart from Will Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back