Review Knightmare's 2010-2013 top 40

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
A top 30 thread in the draft + trading board sounds like a good idea.

For my top 30 without spending too much time on it I'd go with:
1. Joe Daniher
2. Jeremy Cameron
3. David Swallow
4. Jonathan Patton
5. Zac Smith
6. Jaeger O'Meara
7. Lachie Whitfield
8. Jack Viney
9. Toby Greene
10. Harley Bennell
11. Tom Lynch
12. Sam Day
13. Adam Treloar
14. Stephen Coniglio
15. Dylan Shiel
16. Tomas Bugg
17. Andrew Gaff
18. Dyson Heppell
19. Jonathan Giles
20. Brodie Grundy
21. Brad Crouch
22. Oliver Wines
23. Dom Tyson
24. Tom Mitchell
25. Jack Darling
26. Jimmy Toumpas
27. Josh Caddy
28. Reece Conca
29. Chad Wingard
30. Curtly Hampton

*No doubt I've missed some names but this is probably as close as I can get without putting hours into it.

I thought a interesting discussion would be asking Knightmare if he could post a top 30 from the 2010, 2011 and 2012 afl draft including all players who have been selected in that time, like the GC and GWS under 17yr olds.

Thanks to Knightmare, a list was given and I thought it would be a interesting topic for all to discuss.

I've gone a touch conservative with this years draft talent because often until you see a guy at AFL level you just don't know how good they will be so often taking the proven quantity is the better choice.

Plowman, O'Rouke, Stringer, Vlastuin, Garlett and Mayes I would all have in the conversation from this years draft and I suspect a number of these will all things said and done make the eventual top 30 from this three year period.

But with young talent for me it's like being given the choice between Gary Ablett or the no.1 overall selection. You take the proven quantity unless you know the other guy is better so I've gone with a more proven quantity feel outside of some young prospects I feel very strongly about.

• Banned
I've gone a touch conservative with this years draft talent because often until you see a guy at AFL level you just don't know how good they will be so often taking the proven quantity is the better choice.

Plowman, O'Rouke, Stringer, Vlastuin, Garlett and Mayes I would all have in the conversation from this years draft and I suspect a number of these will all things said and done make the eventual top 30 from this three year period.

But with young talent for me it's like being given the choice between Gary Ablett or the no.1 overall selection. You take the proven quantity unless you know the other guy is better so I've gone with a more proven quantity feel outside of some young prospects I feel very strongly about.

Knightmare the player I guess I was most shocked about is Sam Day, from what I have seen and heard he has never taken a game by the throat, never kicked a bag of goals just has atheletic ability, what do you see in him to have him ahead of some serious young players, or are you along the line of thinking that he will just develop like Hawkins?

Lol a bunch of kids yet to play a single AFL game ahead of Reece Conca who is doing extremely well in his second year playing as a midfielder.

Draft picks/potential > actual output

• Banned
Lol a bunch of kids yet to play a single AFL game ahead of Reece Conca who is doing extremely well in his second year playing as a midfielder.

Draft picks/potential > actual output

Dustin Martin over Watson, Swan and whoever else Richmond supporeters said he will be better then.

question for you is would you rather O'Meara / Whitfield or Conca? Conca Is doing extremely well in his 2nd year playing as a midfielder

Dustin Martin over Watson, Swan and whoever else Richmond supporeters said he will be better then.

question for you is would you rather O'Meara / Whitfield or Conca? Conca Is doing extremely well in his 2nd year playing as a midfielder

Anybody who said they would prefer Martin pre-drafting to Richmond over Watson is ether delusional or a troll.

And I'd like to see how they perform at AFL level before commenting, so for now I'll have to go Conca.

Knightmare the player I guess I was most shocked about is Sam Day, from what I have seen and heard he has never taken a game by the throat, never kicked a bag of goals just has atheletic ability, what do you see in him to have him ahead of some serious young players, or are you along the line of thinking that he will just develop like Hawkins?

I agree about Day.

I just don't see any special attributes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im suprised harley bennel is number 10. ive been watching him closely and on talent alone id have him in atleast the top 5, if you include his output id have him top 3. Kid is all class and a freak! Id say hes the best young player in the country!

also suprised brandon matera didnt make the top 30

Great effort KM, take balls to put these sorts of list together on BF as everyone normally would just criticize it.

I am excited about watching the top Key forwards, Daniher, Patton and Cameron these 3 players have so much tallent.
but how good do some of the young mids look, when Heppell and Gaff are 17 and 18, scariest part is GC if they finish bottom will have
O'Meara, Swallow, Whitfield, Bennell and Z Smith all in their midfield, and Ablett ain't going nowhere.

KM Daniher at #1 is a bit rich don't you think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back