Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2016 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can intercept but for me more a medium tall than key defender at AFL level. Only 192cm and not a physical beast who dominates in the 1v1 contests, so I wouldn't consider him all that closely to fill a key defence post.

Athletic and strong bodied. Showing promise at WAFL League level.

Logue I look at as a chance to develop as a key defender but not a sure thing.

Given the seeming interest in my view of the key defenders in this draft I'd rate a top five of (none of whom I view as certainties):
1. Macreadie
2. Logue
3. B.Cox
4. D.Watson (Bris Academy)
5. Sproule (while more a key forward currently given his endurance and height may be able to make the transition. Has in recent weeks for Murray played back)

Other names such as Rotham as one example I view more as a general backman.

Looks like this year is weak for KPD. Wonder if next year's crop will have a better set of them

Looks like this year is weak for KPD. Wonder if next year's crop will have a better set of them

Terrific for ruckmen, key forwards, and guys who can do both more so than key defenders.

As juniors often the better talls play forward, so the better key defenders from next years draft class may be in the form of some forwards going back potentially in the future.

Terrific for ruckmen, key forwards, and guys who can do both more so than key defenders.

As juniors often the better talls play forward, so the better key defenders from next years draft class may be in the form of some forwards going back potentially in the future.
Depending on where the Bombers finish next year, who do you think we'd be likely to take given our biggest needs are for quality key forwards and ruckmen?

Personally hoping we take Battle this year with #19 and look to add Downie and/or Flynn from GWS via trade, but we'd still need to add to that. Our key defensive stocks look incredibly strong going into next year.

Depending on where the Bombers finish next year, who do you think we'd be likely to take given our biggest needs are for quality key forwards and ruckmen?

Personally hoping we take Battle this year with #19 and look to add Downie and/or Flynn from GWS via trade, but we'd still need to add to that. Our key defensive stocks look incredibly strong going into next year.

A midfielder with the first pick seems like the way things will go.

Battle in the second round makes sense and probably is there.

A Sean Darcy could be considered from the 3rd round onwards. Otherwise there are other rucks who should be there as rookies such as Sweet, Ladhams and J.Goddard.

That's a pretty simplified way to address those mentioned Essendon list needs but it can pretty easily work out that way.

7 goals for Shai Bolton this weekend. Has kicked 16 goals in his last 4 games. Thoughts on where he will end up going come draft night?

Increasingly likely that Bolton will slip in somewhere towards the back end of the first round.

Increasingly likely that Bolton will slip in somewhere towards the back end of the first round.
Please note Shai is kicking goals in colts grade only and against teams often weakened by injury and/or their better players being promoted through to reserves/league. The standard if play in WA colts now vs season start very down

Strnadica's colts form is the real issue. Has been abysmal all year, if anything he improved during the U18 champs. Preseason form was phenomenal and then he just hasn't fired a shot for most of the season.

Bayok was injured going into the U18 champ. Numbers are decent averaging 20 disposals a game at colts level in spite of some niggles, what he needs to more of is kick goals regularly.

Stan Wright doesn't get enough of the ball consistently given the role he plays and some of that has to do with fitness and other times it's work rate related. People will love a lot of Wrights work at some stages and hate him only minutes later. Kicking is elite in the full sense of the word and he's a smart footballer in how he accumulates in and around stoppages. But he's very much just another work horse and doesn't go all out at the contests that he needs to, it's this later point that highlights his lack of size.

Hura hasn't physically developed at all. He's marginally bigger than he was cutting up U16's. Doesn't use the ball well enough by foot, and isn't strong enough on the inside yet to make use of his clean ball handling skills. Id weight and see how he transitions into league football.

Keanu Shandley is the wild card. Midfield talent with X factor and the skills to play forward. Speculative pick with some body of work at colts level to justify it.

Agree about Wright, a bit up and down, with all the time he's is the midfield, he should do more, can turn it over went kicking long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We happened to be talking about this on the Saints board. My opinion is I can't see anyone bidding on him before your first pick but I think Carlton will have a look at him with their first.
I agree, also think mcgrath would be right in their mix.. English could be another slider. Might have a squiz over your board

is jack bowes sliding? Who do you see nominating him forcing the gc suns hand?

Still a top 10 pick.

A Carlton or Richmond may be consider nominating among those teams following.

In the div 1 champs and now the neafl, hell of a conspiracy theory you've got yourself there
Lol, mate just got to look at it all. The Cheery on the top was not playing the final u18 game down at Simmo Stadium with all the scouts, recruiters, list managers, coaches, player agents, media all in attendence. Since then he has fell and players like Brodie and Marshall have firmed.

The games I've seen Bowes live convinced me he is seriously good. I don't doubt the Suns are managing him to slide him down. Even the Suns PR department deliberately don't report on his good games. Not that it makes a huge difference to scouts.

Are you surprised that Jake Comitogianni wasn't given an invite to combines?

He played well in the Under 18s when selected - I'm not sure what I'm missing and why he isn't seen as a late round pick lock. Can't just be size? I know his kicking can sometimes be wayward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back