Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2018 AFL Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knightmare where do you see Dillon O'Reilly going?

Around pick 40 at this stage.

He isn't that top tier key forward but one who I see mid draft being of interest to a number of clubs.

Around pick 40 at this stage.

He isn't that top tier key forward but one who I see mid draft being of interest to a number of clubs.
Interesting.

How do you rate him as a defender?
Eagles are need for some KPD's. Eric McKenzie is 30 and injury prone, Will Schofield 29 and We might lose Mcgovern.
All we have is Barrass and Maybe Josh Rotham or Oscar Allen but i can't see those two lining up on beast forwards.

Who are some decent KPD's around the early second round mark?

Interesting.

Eagles are need for some KPD's. Eric McKenzie is 30 and injury prone, Will Schofield 29 and We might lose Mcgovern.
All we have is Barrass and Maybe Josh Rotham or Oscar Allen but i can't see those two lining up on beast forwards.

Have only seen O'Reilly as a key forward.

Given my view is you're either an elite key forward or not up to it, I'm interested to see O'Reilly back, as I have my doubts of a pick 40 odd key forward making the grade. He's an able mark, has enough size and seems to read the flight well, so that may be his best chance of making the grade.

I'm just yet to see him used down back. Seems like one who should be able to make that transition though.

Other than the Academy prospects, for the key defenders this year., the other who may feature mid-draft, though I'm thinking he's more a late/rookie is Riley Grundy. Grundy being more a shutdown type who isn't much of an intercepter or rebounder I'm not a huge wrap for at this stage having not seen enough from him to this point in the season.

If I'm after a key defender this year. The two players I have in mind are Jordon Butts as an overager and Sam Collins as a mature ager. They're the two I'm looking at and seeing super value in and they should both be available late/rookie.

Given my view is you're either an elite key forward or not up to it, I'm interested to see O'Reilly back, as I have my doubts of a pick 40 odd key forward making the grade. He's an able mark, has enough size and seems to read the flight well, so that may be his best chance of making the grade.

I'm just yet to see him used down back. Seems like one who should be able to make that transition though.

Other than the Academy prospects, for the key defenders this year., the other who may feature mid-draft, though I'm thinking he's more a late/rookie is Riley Grundy. Grundy being more a shutdown type who isn't much of an intercepter or rebounder I'm not a huge wrap for at this stage having not seen enough from him to this point in the season.

If I'm after a key defender this year. The two players I have in mind are Jordon Butts as an overager and Sam Collins as a mature ager. They're the two I'm looking at and seeing super value in and they should both be available late/rookie.
is Grundy the brother of Heath?

Yeah i haven't been paying too much attention to this years draft. Just saw prime time on the AFL site and they mention O'Reilly as a someone who could play both ends.

Interesting.

Tom Gorter!!!

Hey Knightmare!! Love your work!! What's your take on the two GWV forwards Hill and Wilson? What types are they?

Hey KM, love your work as always.

I was wondering, how do Bailey Smith, Jackson Hately, and Riley Collier-Dawkins compare when talking about evasion and movement through traffic? How would you rank them in that regard? How do they all compare with someone like Walsh, who I take it is very good in this area?

O’reilly will rise as people start seeing him more.

He played last year in the East Fremantle league team and did ok.

My bet he will be late first round early second round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does the kid play like? The more I hear about this kid, the more he sounds like a player we could/should take a punt on

Hey Knightmare!! Love your work!! What's your take on the two GWV forwards Hill and Wilson? What types are they?

Wilson is a speedy forward, ground level forward who can heap on the pressure and has pretty good skills.

Hill is more a generally damaging user. Really does damage (via ball use) every time he gets the ball. More balanced marking/ground level type.

Both are draftable.

Hey KM, love your work as always.

I was wondering, how do Bailey Smith, Jackson Hately, and Riley Collier-Dawkins compare when talking about evasion and movement through traffic? How would you rank them in that regard? How do they all compare with someone like Walsh, who I take it is very good in this area?

Walsh is quicker and move evasive than those other three top tier mids. Also the better endurance athlete, though Smith probably isn't far behind.

Collier-Dawkins of the three others is the more exceptional mover. He's explosive and one who wins it on the move, but has good (but not freakish) evasion and movement through traffic.

Smith has some evasion and moves effectively through traffic and is someone who has no issues. Decision making and ball use both excellent.

Hately is the less evasive of the three and doesn't move as well through traffic as the slower player and probably not as skilled or as sound of a decision maker when rushed - though seems improved from this time last year in this area.

I'd like to see him kick things up a few gears and dominate through the U18 champs to give clubs that option in that range.

His numbers haven't been great in the WAFL Colts though to start the season, not being that step up from last year I was expecting. Improvement is needed. But if he can, that would be a great thing for those clubs needing kpps.

As good as Walsh is, is his kicking bad enough to worry recruiters?

Recruiters I've spoken to have never even bought up Walsh's kicking as being an issue. In fact, they're all complimentary which staggers me when I'm seeing skill errors from him every week.

I see his kicking as being roughly equivalent to Tom Scully. Scully has become a better kick, but it's not a strength and by position is for his career below average.

Anyone see metro vs wa game? How'd Jarrod Cameron go?
Anyone got stats for game?

Team high 11 tackles. Otherwise 8 disposals, 3 marks, one goal.

He contributed, but wasn't as impactful as I would have liked.

A pass mark, but he'd want some stronger performances over the coming weeks.

If Carlton take #1 to the draft, SOS will have a tough decision to make. With all the talls we have stockpiled on our list, do we take another tall in Lukosius, or go with a mid in Walsh. I suspect he'll go Lukosius, but it would be something to think about.

If Carlton take #1 to the draft, SOS will have a tough decision to make. With all the talls we have stockpiled on our list, do we take another tall in Lukosius, or go with a mid in Walsh. I suspect he'll go Lukosius, but it would be something to think about.
people would be mad not to get leukosis.

if you had pick 1 and didn't want to select a key forward, their will be many teams wanting to upgrade their pick. I know that fremantle would give 2018 and 2019 first rounders in a heartbeat.

If I'm picking I'm taking Lukosius and it's not even a question. You can have complete KPP and ruck stocks, no AFL grade midfielders and Lukosius is still the clear pick with other needs to be considered later.

Lukosius makes no team too tall because he can push so high up the ground and takes marks, hits meaningful open targets by foot then pushes forward quicker than anyone he'll match up on. He's a key forward who will objectively be more helpful than any wing/half-forward you'll ever have while still killing it as a key forward, playing basically for two players.

He's a Swiss army knife of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back