Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2019 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knightmare If weightman is gone by 13 and the dogs are keen on a small forward who would be the next best? Are they of similar quality or a tier below?

Knightmare If weightman is gone by 13 and the dogs are keen on a small forward who would be the next best? Are they of similar quality or a tier below?

If the Dogs can get into the second round Jack Mahony could be an alternative to Weightman. If he fell to 53 that would be terrific, but I'm not convinced he makes it that far. My view is Mahony while not as athletic is in the same conversation as Weightman on quality.

Kysaiah Pickett is also interesting again second or third round given his speed/pressure/class/ground level/aerial stuff. He needs to find more of it, but he has the tricks to be another good alternative as a small forward.

There are also others late/rookie in Tyrone Thorne and Ryan Bennell who I also like as small forwards. So there are plenty to be had.

I'd personally in the Dogs situation take best available at 13 and get a small forward later. But then again Weightman isn't quite inside my top 20, so I'm not as high on him as a lot of clubs seem to be.

If the Dogs can get into the second round Jack Mahony could be an alternative to Weightman. If he fell to 53 that would be terrific, but I'm not convinced he makes it that far. My view is Mahony while not as athletic is in the same conversation as Weightman on quality.

Kysaiah Pickett is also interesting again second or third round given his speed/pressure/class/ground level/aerial stuff. He needs to find more of it, but he has the tricks to be another good alternative as a small forward.

There are also others late/rookie in Tyrone Thorne and Ryan Bennell who I also like as small forwards. So there are plenty to be had.

I'd personally in the Dogs situation take best available at 13 and get a small forward later. But then again Weightman isn't quite inside my top 20, so I'm not as high on him as a lot of clubs seem to be.
Your not keen on Ned Cahill are you?

I know he's mixed playing forward with midfield but have to say I think he's better than you rate him.

I can just see Richmond taking him with one of our picks #38,#39,#41 with the departure of Butler , He is just the type that we could select at that range

Your not keen on Ned Cahill are you?

I know he's mixed playing forward with midfield but have to say I think he's better than you rate him.

Cahill is another and he's suitable for selection late.

As you've picked up he's not my preferred as someone I'm viewing as a more probable state league forward, but he can play and deserves on performance to be in the mix.

Any chance GWS doesn't match a bid on green at 4 or 5... given the amount of points it would take up?
And they had someone else on there mind at 6

Any chance GWS doesn't match a bid on green at 4 or 5... given the amount of points it would take up?
It wouldn’t take up any points, it would just be a straight swap for 6.

Who's shot up your rankings most? Has anyone come from nowhere to become a player you really rate?

Schoenberg was the big riser during the U18 Champs on my board and Byrnes during the opening rounds.

Biggy Nyuon has risen a long way up my draft board since the start of the season.

Joshua Shute continues to rise up my board. Jackson Davies I like and enjoyed some of his mid-late season form of. Jake Riccardi as a mature age key forward has risen pretty strongly over the course of the year.

It's plausible given the sheer depth and strength of their midfield, but unlikely.

On AFL.com they have Kemp drifting as far as 13 is that even remotely realistic?? I know having done an ACL will have some impact but wouldn't have thought he would drop that far.

On AFL.com they have Kemp drifting as far as 13 is that even remotely realistic?? I know having done an ACL will have some impact but wouldn't have thought he would drop that far.

I tend to think Kemp goes earlier than that, but it's not out of the question. 7-14 is his rough range it feels like.

Do you think he'd be available for Carlton's pick 43? We need someone to replace Patty Kerr on the list.

Late second round is probably the top end of where clubs may start to consider Riccardi. Probably but not certainly there at 43 given how even the draft is from 30 onwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoenberg was the big riser during the U18 Champs on my board and Byrnes during the opening rounds.

Biggy Nyuon has risen a long way up my draft board since the start of the season.

Joshua Shute continues to rise up my board. Jackson Davies I like and enjoyed some of his mid-late season form of. Jake Riccardi as a mature age key forward has risen pretty strongly over the course of the year.
Miles Bergman seems to be on the move too?

2019:
B: Lachlan Ash Corey Watts Hayden Young
HB: Jeremy Sharp Will Gould Joshua Worrell
CEN: Dylan Stephens Matthew Rowell Mitch O'Neill
HF: Caleb Serong Charlie Dean Dylan Williams
F: Sam Flanders Liam Delahunty Noah Anderson
FOLL: Luke Jackson Thomas Green Brodie Kemp
BENCH: Cameron Taheny Ryan Byrnes Deven Robertson Jay Rantall

I saw this from early in the year while backreading. How would the side look now?

Knightmare who do you think Melbourne's #1 target would be from what you have heard if they either stay at pick 3 or move down to pick 6 respectively?

Been hearing Luke Jackson but no idea why we would target another ruckman? Young, Ash, Serong (meh), Weightman and Stephens seem far better suited to needs given our list demographic

Who is Bergman? Notice you don't have in your top 20 or pre trade phantom draft but Cal twomey has Us taking him pick 16/17 in he's who clubs will draft with they're first picks

I could also add to that he's the longest kick in the draft. He can launch the ball 70m without any difficulty.

I saw this from early in the year while backreading. How would the side look now?

B: Hayden Young Fischer McAsey Will Gould
HB: Lachlan Ash Biggy Nyuon Jeremy Sharp
CEN: Deven Robertson Matthew Rowell Dylan Stephens
HF: Caleb Serong Brodie Kemp Liam Henry
F: Finn Maginness Sam Flanders Dylan Williams
FOLL: Luke Jackson Noah Anderson Thomas Green
BENCH: Harry Schoenberg Ryan Byrnes Joshua Shute Trent Rivers

Knightmare who do you think Melbourne's #1 target would be from what you have heard if they either stay at pick 3 or move down to pick 6 respectively?

Been hearing Luke Jackson but no idea why we would target another ruckman? Young, Ash, Serong (meh), Weightman and Stephens seem far better suited to needs given our list demographic

Hayden Young I'm starting to think might be a chance given the rumours surrounding Melbourne getting a general forward with that next choice.

Knightmare - where do you see the best value in the draft in terms of picks? Ie is pick 30 likely to be much different in talent than say pick 15? Where does the talent start to drop off materially?

Knightmare - where do you see the best value in the draft in terms of picks? Ie is pick 30 likely to be much different in talent than say pick 15? Where does the talent start to drop off materially?

Aside from the top 3. Every 10 there is a drop off this year. 10, 20, 30. Even within those ranges then fair drop offs. From 30 onwards it flattens out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back