Draft Expert Knightmare's 2021 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Uwlands athleticism like in your opinion KM?

I don't have any testing, but in game he spreads well and moves well in traffic - with a quick first few steps and some agility to him.

Just can't see how Darcy is anywhere near top 5. He's had two decent games at Oakleigh and beaten some smaller kids at school level. Not overly quick or agile like the Kings, doesn't have a huge leap and isn't an endurance beast.

What am I missing?

Weak draft for talls, but with that said, he's at 203cm playing like a high end KPP. And he has ruck capabilities on top of that. He's skinny and still has a lot of physical development to go, but is still a strong contested mark and reads it really well. Skills good. He's very developable.

From the reports I've been given he hasn't been pushed with his footy and seems to be developing rapidly which are good future indicators.

He might not test like it, but on field he handles himself extremely well to appear like he is, skills are also very good for a bloke his size, obviously aerially dominant too

Fingers crossed the champs are able to be held, because it will really show us where he stands. My gut feel is he will fall down the rankings once he's up against the best kids.

Darcy has had rapid development, thought he showed some signs back in 2019 but had no idea he had it in him to perform to the standard he has this year. The fact his endurance is so poor yet still performing so well is exciting to think how good he could be once he improves that fitness and develops for a few years in an AFL system.

Good afternoon my friend.
I’ve played coached and seen some off the best talent over the last 25 years play as 17 year olds.
One kid has slipped through the cracks this year and someone is going to hit the jackpot if they take him late (only reason is height)
His name is Harry Andronaco okays at Calder.

Was playing for east Brighton vampires since he was 12 and has won comp best every year in what was the strongest comp in Australia.
2 players are tipped to go before him in every draft forum.
Sinn and Callaghan he ran circles around Callaghan for years and is a way more pure footballer that Sinn,who is an amazing athlete and will be an A grader in AFL.
Please take the time to look at this kid play it’s like watching eddy betts and Cristian Patreca all
In one.
Thanks for all your good work mate thanks 😊

Hey Knightmare

Just wanted to quickly ask your opinion on the quality of the 2022 and 2023 drafts - I've seen you say that this year is a midfielder dominated draft, but what are the next few years looking like?

Knightmare openly states he doesn't watch any kind of U16's action so 2023's crop is a bit too soon for him to dissect.

He's only now scratching the surface with the 2022 crop.

Good afternoon my friend.
I’ve played coached and seen some off the best talent over the last 25 years play as 17 year olds.
One kid has slipped through the cracks this year and someone is going to hit the jackpot if they take him late (only reason is height)
His name is Harry Andronaco okays at Calder.

Was playing for east Brighton vampires since he was 12 and has won comp best every year in what was the strongest comp in Australia.
2 players are tipped to go before him in every draft forum.
Sinn and Callaghan he ran circles around Callaghan for years and is a way more pure footballer that Sinn,who is an amazing athlete and will be an A grader in AFL.
Please take the time to look at this kid play it’s like watching eddy betts and Cristian Patreca all
In one.
Thanks for all your good work mate thanks 😊

Hopefully we get Vic Metro boys back soon so we can see more of them.

Andronaco has played for Calder and has shown some early capabilities. I've just seen the one game so far, but he's one of Calder's best and most draftable, so I'll keep watching.

Hey Knightmare

Just wanted to quickly ask your opinion on the quality of the 2022 and 2023 drafts - I've seen you say that this year is a midfielder dominated draft, but what are the next few years looking like?

For next year I'm liking the look of a lot of the top end talls. In South Australia in particular there are several. That's one thing to look out for to give an early feel.

I haven't seen the Victorians for next year though and hopefully we see a few of them in the NAB League later this year.

2023 I haven't seen at all.

Hey Knightmare. Saw your top 10 excellent by the way. Just looking at young Jackson for North why if he’s a to 10 pick not playing League or Reserves? Is he lacking in tackling pressure?

Hey Knightmare. Saw your top 10 excellent by the way. Just looking at young Jackson for North why if he’s a to 10 pick not playing League or Reserves? Is he lacking in tackling pressure?

Some clubs are more willing to move guys up a grade than others, and if they're contending clubs, and North Adelaide have a good league side with a good midfield, it's hard to break into there.

Tom Powell last year despite his dominance if my memory serves me correctly didn't play any League footy, of course winning the competition's B+F and having a dominant season at the level. Caleb Poulter I don't believe, and again top of mind played any League either. And he was great in the U18s also. I'm sure in both instances I'll be corrected if they did indeed appear at League level at some point. So I wouldn't stress about particular players not playing League as it's hardly a prerequisite for making it at AFL level, or even having an immediate impact. There are times when playing League football can be detrimental to development as you'll find they're playing reduced roles where they're not featured as much, not playing their preferred positions and in other cases they can lose confidence from playing at that level. So it differs by individual.

North Adelaide have a couple in Jackson and O'Loughlin who could play at higher grades. And they could play Reserves footy tomorrow and be among the better players at that level, no dramas. And could probably fit into their League teams and hold up reasonably also.

Jackson I actually view as a good candidate to move up, even if it's for just a stretch of games, as I'm actually really interested to see him get more minutes as a forward, as he has shown he reads the ball really well off hands and can crumb. So I think that's something else in addition to just through the midfield/outside, as for me he appears to have that versatility and has the good skills. His pressure is only average, but not terrible. He had a game where he had 11 tackles earlier in the year, so it's hardly a terrible component, it's just more-so his outside accumulation, run and ball use that are his greatest strengths.

Hey Knightmare just wondering if you have any thoughts on the draft range of a couple of the Eagles NGA kids.

Ethan Regan, Jarrod Humphries, Jordan Berry & Richard Farmer

Haven’t seen any of them play (They seem to all be doing reasonably well at colts level going on stats) so wondering if you have any insights into each of them or any other possible NGA players we might have to look out for!

Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Knightmare just wondering if you have any thoughts on the draft range of a couple of the Eagles NGA kids.

Haven’t seen any of them play (They seem to all be doing reasonably well at colts level going on stats) so wondering if you have any insights into each of them or any other possible NGA players we might have to look out for!

Cheers!
I am pretty certain WCE will draft Regan had there eye on him for a while, great size good mover and will become a midfielder at AFL level eventually.
Richard Farmer has been very impressive last month of footy, there a bit Shai Bolton about him really really like him, think he will go top 40
though, so don't know how that works if we can draft him then ?

Humphries i think will need a real strong back end of year to be picked up
Jordan Berry has wonderful skills but is more outside and needs to get more of it

Morning KM.

Interested in if you’ve seen much of Shay Linke? If so how do you see his Chances?

Thank you

Morning KM.

Interested in if you’ve seen much of Shay Linke? If so how do you see his Chances?

Thank you

Have only seen the one game of his this year, as he was promoted to the SANFL Reserves early season.

He's one of SA's many good mids this year. Wins his own ball, finds a good amount of it, good tackler and works hard both ways from what I've seen. Will be interesting to see how he goes during the Champs at the end of the year. A league debut I'm sure isn't far away and will be a good test for him.

Have only seen the one game of his this year, as he was promoted to the SANFL Reserves early season.

He's one of SA's many good mids this year. Wins his own ball, finds a good amount of it, good tackler and works hard both ways from what I've seen. Will be interesting to see how he goes during the Champs at the end of the year. A league debut I'm sure isn't far away and will be a good test for him.
Yes he’s quite big lump of a lad - got 14 touches in his 1st reserves game I see.

One to watch I think

There's a Peel kid in WA Michael Sellwood is he draftable this year ?

I would love him at WCE such good kicking skills is a inside mid that has real nice balance between
his inside and outside game

Cheers!

Royal Eagle answered this probably better than I could.

Humphries I'm not familiar with.

Regan looks the most draftable of them as a taller mid and could mid-late be considered, though could rise higher if his play elevates.

Farmer I don't believe I've seen but is a small and doesn't find a lot of it. So in the unsure camp until I see him.

Berry I've seen a fair bit of film on and seen some games of. Seriously quick and can run with the footy and take on the game. Just not sure of a best position at this stage so I'm not at this point expecting he get picked.

I would love him at WCE such good kicking skills is a inside mid that has real nice balance between

I can't say I have a D.O.B. He's listed as 17 y/o on WAFL site. Will have to trust you on him being draftable at this stage, haven't seen.

Has only played the couple of games in R2 & R3 has he been injured?
NameDOBHeightWeightDispTacklesMarksGoals
SELLWOOD Michael
2/10/2003​
21.0​
8.5​
4.0​
0.5​

NameDOBHeightWeightDispTacklesMarksGoals
SELLWOOD Michael
2/10/2003​
21.0​
8.5​
4.0​
0.5​

Is there a public place to find player data like this on WA prospects?

*Similar would be appreciated for the SA boys if there is some similar online resource that someone is aware of.

Is there a public place to find player data like this on WA prospects?

*Similar would be appreciated for the SA boys if there is some similar online resource that someone is aware of.
You can literally go to any of the teams' websites and go to their colts player list to find heights, weights, and DOB's.

Sellwood has been playing PSA footy. I have no idea why he didn't play in the trial game, he's been Peel's best mid for 1.5 seasons now when he's available.

You can literally go to any of the teams' websites and go to their colts player list to find heights, weights, and DOB's.

Sellwood has been playing PSA footy. I have no idea why he didn't play in the trial game, he's been Peel's best mid for 1.5 seasons now when he's available.

List view. Found it. Thanks.

Hi KM
Mind if I ask about the draft prospects of some East Perth boys:
Jye Amiss (more goals and accuracy than Williams)
Jimmy Tunstill (accumulating mid, great disposal, top 5 disposals in Colts)
Kade Dittmar (hard at it inside mid, also hits scoreboard)
All south west boys.

Thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back