Competitions Knock out tipping 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pleased to announce that Knock out will be returning for the 2020 season! This time with my commitment to actually post regular updates. Knock out is a fun little twist on the traditional footy tipping model and it's super easy to get involved with.

Rules

Before round 1 you select one team a round. If that team does not win then you are eliminated. Then PM the teams that you've chosen to me!
Please include the team's name and the team that you think that they will beat. For example; Round 1: Hawthorn (Defeat Brisbane)
Simples! It's that easy!
Except you can't choose a team more than 3 times during the season and you can't choose the same team for two weeks straight.
You also select the team that you think will finish 9th which will be used in the event of a tie-break

What's in it for you?

Well! I'm glad you asked. Obviously there's the incredible respect of your fellow Hawthorn board peers as well as a shiny badge (See Argy 's profile) ((This is subject to mod approval which I also probably should have gotten before starting this thread... Ah well, it worked last season so here's to hoping it'll work again))

We'll probably end up running 2 rounds as the competition usually ends before the bye rounds, but we'll use the same tips that are sent through at the start of the year.
If you're interested, PM me your tips before round 1
Good luck everyone and happy tipping!

SarahSmiles
Dinsdale

Thanks SS - have sent my tips through.

Changa10
maijar
Chipmunk
tommyk72 (pending your 9th place tip)
Are all in! If you want to, still got over a week to enter. If you sent me tips and I missed them, I'm sorry please let me know and I'll add you to the spreadsheet ASAP!

SarahSmiles isnt there a rule about tipping AGAINST the same team twice in a row AND more than 3 times for the year as well? Stops people just picking the Gold Coast opponents every week...

Last edited:
SarahSmiles isnt there a rule about tipping AGAINST the same team twice in a row AND more than 3 times for the year as well? Stops people just picking the Gold Coast opponents every week...
Nope, it's up to each person, it's not the smartest of ideas tough as there's always a chance that they'll improve massively. So far, no-one has really tipped the same team majority of the time. I don't see a rule against it, even Gold Coast is bound to get a win sometimes, so it's fair game

Nope, it's up to each person, it's not the smartest of ideas tough as there's always a chance that they'll improve massively. So far, no-one has really tipped the same team majority of the time. I don't see a rule against it, even Gold Coast is bound to get a win sometimes, so it's fair game

Half my post was a rule last year!

Before round 1 you select one team a round. If that team does not win then you are eliminated.
Simples! It's that easy!
Except you can't chose a team more than 3 times during the season and you can't chose the same team for two weeks straight. Or the same team to lose twice in a row. Also you chose a 9th place getter in the event of a tie.
I will have a crack again

SS was there a rule last year where you also couldn't choose the same losing team 2 weeks straight?
Correct, I'll amend the OP

Edit: The other half of my post was a rule the year before that (although slightly more lenient than what I proposed)

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

Last edited:
Half my post was a rule last year!

Edit: There other half of my post was a rule the year before that (although slightly more lenient than what I proposed)
Well I forgot to amend the OP, copied and pasted my OP from last year, edited it as needed. I didn't enforce that rule last year and I'm happy to let people tip against the same team multiple times. I'm sure that we'll still have a winner, and as I said; writing off one team is a risky move upsets are a thing and the season hasn't started yet, we don't know who'll live up to the hype, who'll exceed expectations and who'll be incredibly mediocre (ok who are we kidding, that's gonna be Essendon*)

Hi, if you want in to the competition then please send me a tip for Round 1 only and a team that will finish 9th. All tips that have been sent for the whole season are null and void bar the tip for round 1 and 9th place due to the reduction of the amount of games played. Once we know the new fixture, I will ask for tips to be re-sent for the whole season, until then YOU JUST NEED A TIP FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND A TIP FOR WHO WILL FINISH 9TH!

RIOLINWITPUNCHS
Collins-Langford-Ayres
moginie
Aramis
Agent Smith
Argy
cryptor
MrPremiership
Crankyhawk
Dinsdale
tommyk72
Sixpence
Bumpswithagrin
SarahSmiles
grumbleguts
maijar
Satchel
Manila_Hawk
Milkshaker
Guerrahappyteam
BUMPSandGRINS
StillAtLarge
Gene Simmons
Goldhawk
Changa10
Gralin
HairyO
rei154
QuietB
Luv_our_club
OnTheRocks
Brishawk
Jaeger
MasterSamurai
Hawkas1988
Rich the babe Evans
Chipmunk
Strigoi
Mississippi
SC fish
TylerDurden

Hi, if you want in to the competition then please send me a tip for Round 1 only and a team that will finish 9th. All tips that have been sent for the whole season are null and void bar the tip for round 1 and 9th place due to the reduction of the amount of games played. Once we know the new fixture, I will ask for tips to be re-sent for the whole season, until then YOU JUST NEED A TIP FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND A TIP FOR WHO WILL FINISH 9TH!
Thanks SS I'll give it a miss but thanks for asking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate but I am going to sit out this year given the developments. Cheers.

Hawthorn for rd 1 and Port Adelaide for 9th. Pretty confident for the Hawks to win at Home in front of a massive crowd. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back